inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

In my naivety I was expecting to see Frenchmen with berets and onions around their necks.

😄 like fuck you were.  

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

😄 like fuck you were.  

Well I didn't expect Dr Dre. 

BEATS ARE BANGING BEATS ARE BANGING...WHISTLE POSSE MAKE SOME NOIISSSE 😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

Is Len still alive? Daisey? Miser?

Hi Chris, been wondering where you were! All OK? 

Yes, Len and Dazey are here. Miser used up a few too many last chances so was banned. As was Snake Pit. 

Shit, Len's still kicking around? Christ almighty.

Gutted to hear SnakePit has gone - where else am I going to get my fill of shit poetry and guitar playing?

I'm good, and I can't believe I haven't been on here for 18 months. I'm married now would you believe it, but I was made redundant last week so good with the bad...

• GNFNR 1

Fuck!  Just to change the fuse in the car I have to turn myself into a contortion artist.  And of course wrong fuse box, it's the one that requires I take off the side panel to access!  Hate that you can't do simple car repairs without having to take shit apart.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

Shit, Len's still kicking around? Christ almighty.

Gutted to hear SnakePit has gone - where else am I going to get my fill of shit poetry and guitar playing?

I'm good, and I can't believe I haven't been on here for 18 months. I'm married now would you believe it, but I was made redundant last week so good with the bad...

Congratulations on your marriage! That's wonderful news. And sorry about your job loss. Surely now everything's equal, that means you can push the hoover round while the missus busts a gut? Jokes aside, hope you find something else soon. 

Edited by Gracii Guns

I've been doing the house stuff, but there is only so much I can do before I want to go exploring on my bike or swimming in the lake.

That's something else new actually - k took up open water swimming and was 3/130+ in my first event, just 2 weeks after I first donned a wetsuit lol! 

• GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Hi Chris, been wondering where you were! All OK? 

Yes, Len and Dazey are here. Miser used up a few too many last chances so was banned. As was Snake Pit. 

Pretty sure Miser’s been back for a while as Fashionista but he’s been behaving himself so good luck to him. :) 

• Like 2

A nice run up above the clouds earlier today.

Just down from the ski centre at Cairngorm.

67486921_2775791899115492_46419851315049

• Like 4

1st place in pinball Division B.  Won all 4 games too.  Where's that GNR pinball machine?  I'm ready. :lol:

• GNFNR 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, Dazey said:

Pretty sure Miser’s been back for a while as Fashionista but he’s been behaving himself so good luck to him. :) 

Pretty sure Miser will never ever permanently go :lol:

I'm taking an 8 hour class on how to use the iPhone.  They gave us this thick manual.  Finally on page 31 they start talking about how to make a call. :lol:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm taking an 8 hour class on how to use the iPhone.  They gave us this thick manual.  Finally on page 31 they start talking about how to make a call. :lol:

The scary thing is on a Telephone that's probably the least used function.

• Like 1

These Ginco chilli coated peanuts are fuckin' horrible.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

These Ginco chilli coated peanuts are fuckin' horrible.

Why would you even consider eating them sounds rough as fook.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Why would you even consider eating them sounds rough as fook.

Ginco are that cheap fuckin’ brand in all the uh...asian cornershops :lol:  Shame Snakepit ain’t about, he’d recognise em.  I shall go to Marks n Spencers in future like a proper middle class poofter.  Either that or stick to the ol’ KP dry roasted.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ginco are that cheap fuckin’ brand in all the uh...asian cornershops :lol:  Shame Snakepit ain’t about, he’d recognise em.  I shall go to Marks n Spencers in future like a proper middle class poofter.  Either that or stick to the ol’ KP dry roasted.

Can't beat a bag of dry roasted moosh.

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Can't beat a bag of dry roasted moosh.

It just goes to show you, always stay in your box, never try new things and stick to what you know.  I'm off to get a fuckin' pukka pie and a pint.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

ol’ KP dry roasted

They're sponsoring The Hundred. I have thus boycotted them in a fit of moral outrage. 

I’m lucky to live near a place that roasts and seasons all sorts of nuts. Recently had the na gold standard seasoned peanuts from the grocer and they fall flat in comparison to the roasters.

Can anyone explain to me why pistachios are so expensive? I bake with them in biscotti. I buy them from the Asian food shops, so it's not as if I'm being ripped off at Waitrose.