inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

8 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Our band started recording our debut album today, and somehow we managed to record the whole thing just today!

Of course we still need to record overdubs and vocals, but I still think that's kind of impressive.

My first proper studio experience, too!

So happy for you! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Our band started recording our debut album today, and somehow we managed to record the whole thing just today!

Of course we still need to record overdubs and vocals, but I still think that's kind of impressive.

Rock on!!

I'll be setting up myaslatIEforum.com immediately.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AslatIE said:

The Beatles done their debut in 14 hours, one day too, thats why Johnny boys voice sounds so fucked for Twist n Shout.  The Ramones, if i recall correctly, did the same too.  So you’re in good company.  

And if you make it big I want some fuckin’ money for all this advice :lol:  Or perhaps a job as your in-house Malcolm McLaren.

*puts on exaggerated Fagin-esque London jew accent*

’what we need to do boys, is to get our willies out on national TV...because there’s nothing so offensive as boys willies’

*leers and cackles*

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

’what we need to do boys, is to get our willies out on national TV...because there’s nothing so offensive as boys willies’

Been there, done that

12 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Been there, done that

What, you've had your willy out on national TV?! :lol: 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

What, you've had your willy out on national TV?! :lol: 

Showbiz, baby!

Any advice on booking city breaks?

There seems to be a prevalent trend. ''£100, 3 nights, flights etc'' for Prague. Then you ring up and it is ''£600''! 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There seems to be a prevalent trend. ''£100, 3 nights, flights etc'' for Prague. Then you ring up and it is ''£600''! 

Book your flight and hotel separate always works out cheaper.

Change all your money before you go so many money exchange scammer and people just bumping you off in Prague. 

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Get your holiday money before November 1st. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dazey said:

Get your holiday money before November 1st. :lol: 

It is too complicated even booking the cunt let alone changing money. 

I'll do it another day. Easier to just stay home really. I don't know why people bother going abroad. Too much hassle. 

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Book your flight and hotel separate always works out cheaper.

Change all your money before you go so many money exchange scammer and people just bumping you off in Prague. 

For foreign currency I always use a pre-paid credit card. You usually get the best rates by far and you don't have to carry a load of cash around.

This is the one I generally use for Euros and Dollars.

https://www.fairfx.com/

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll do it another day. Easier to just stay home really. I don't know why people bother going abroad. Too much hassle. 

Where are you thinking of going?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In Prague you can get much better value by getting an apartment for a few days rather than a hotel. And booking the flight seperately. 

I just did a 2 minute search and there's this one 3 nights over bank holiday weekend 28 quid per night. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36889672?location=Prague%2C Czech Republic&adults=1&children=0&check_in=2019-08-23&check_out=2019-08-25&source_impression_id=p3_1565691858_lnQat%2FKofAnYmXt%2F

Edited by spunko12345

Just stay at a hostel. My first time in Prague I stayed at this centrally located hostel, and that's where I met - what I have come to assume must have been a bankrobber - Jose, who I ended up partying with for the rest of the stay. He had been on the run for quite a long time and was pretty much fed up with having to live as a tourist. He was just lying apathic in bed, moaning, "it's just another church" when I tried to get him to come out with me and explore the city. This was 15-20 years ago and Prague was a lot sleazier than it is today. It was still full of tourists but the city hadn't really gotten the drugs and prostitution under control, so walking around was pretty exciting. Anyway, we partied for a few days before he travelled north into Poland and I travelled south towards Croatia until I ran out of money in Budapest. I can recommend at least one nice hole-in-the-wall restaurant near the Castle with local food and no tourists.

• Like 1

Done it now.

£430 central located hotel, two room. Not too bad. I may have shaved some money off booking separately but my head is puggled with travel websites. 

http://www.hotelostas.cz/en/

Any further tips on Prague and travel in general welcome. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Done it now.

£430 central located hotel, two room. Not too bad. I may have shaved some money off booking separately but my head is puggled with travel websites. 

This guys Youtube channel

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Done it now.

You are a history buff so read up on the local history and go see the buildings and churches and places. It had a mesmerizing old town so it should keep you occupied for quite a while.

The beer and food is really cheap. As always, go to side streets a few block off the main tourist areas for better deals. If you sit outside, at a touristy place, the beer can cost at least double of what it costs inside. It will still be cheap but you can get away with much less.

I believe my favorite eating place was at Ke Hradu, not far from the castle, but I don't think I found it again the last time I was in Prague so it might be gone. It was just a local restaurant without any signs or anything. I think I went down a stairs into this vaulted room with benches and tables. No menu in English or German, but great food and ridiculously cheap beer. Local, almost-friendly clientele.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm going to Paris next month.  First time.

Just got back from there week before last 1 word Expensive.

Edited by lukepowell1988