inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

I don't remember it being excessively dear but I haven't been in about fifteen years. Is Paris more expensive than Rome? Rome is ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Just got back from there week before last 1 word Expensive.

I'm surprised I ain't been but then not really cuz I ain't been nowhere.  Should check it out though, lord knows I've watched enough French films and read enough French poetry, I just give it a butchers.  Something tells me it won't be Francois Truffaut and Alain Delon sitting around smoking Gitanes and discussing cinema though :lol:  He's a massive racist apparently, Alain Delon.  Not that I care, he's still my hero :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm surprised I ain't been but then not really cuz I ain't been nowhere.  Should check it out though, lord knows I've watched enough French films and read enough French poetry, I just give it a butchers.  Something tells me it won't be Francois Truffaut and Alain Delon sitting around smoking Gitanes and discussing cinema though :lol:  He's a massive racist apparently, Alain Delon.  Not that I care, he's still my hero :lol:

Full of brothers holmes when I was there last. Really ''street'' it is. 

People still use hotels? I haven't been to a hotel in ten years since I discovered airbnb. It's a lot more cheaper than a hostel (if you look for the cheapest options) but you have a private room with the luxury of a hotel. And you often meet cool locals who can give you tips that you wouldn't get otherwise. I was in Prague last year, the guy I rented a room from made me breakfast every day before he went to work, which is normally not the case with airbnb, but he loved cooking, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I normally don't eat breakfast, but it saved me money and he gave me good tips on which museums to check out. 

As for Prague, I've only been there twice, but it's probably one of the prettiest cities in Europe, but the problem is that everyone knows that, so it's a tourist hell. The centre is very walkable, so you don't have to depend on the metro if you don't mind walking a lot. Obviously don't exchange money at those exchange places you find in every street, they are real scams like almost everywhere, just get it from the ATM at the airport.

38 minutes ago, EvanG said:

People still use hotels? I haven't been to a hotel in ten years since I discovered airbnb. It's a lot more cheaper than a hostel (if you look for the cheapest options) but you have a private room with the luxury of a hotel. And you often meet cool locals who can give you tips that you wouldn't get otherwise. I was in Prague last year, the guy I rented a room from made me breakfast every day before he went to work, which is normally not the case with airbnb, but he loved cooking, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I normally don't eat breakfast, but it saved me money and he gave me good tips on which museums to check out. 

I'd rather not get bummed. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather not get bummed. 

You have to read the reviews, they usually give a good indication. But honestly, since I started using airbnb I have rented many rooms that way and I've never been disappointed. It's been better than any hotel I ever stayed, and always for very little money. I once rented a room in Paris for less than twenty euros and I had the entire apartment for myself. It was crazy, really. I mean, you have to pay more at a hostel where you stay in a room with kids that come into your room all drunk in the middle of the night. Never again. 

I had one bad experience in Dublin, when the girl I rented a room from came home totally wasted and woke me up in the middle of the night. Apparently someone spiked her drink, or so she says, and she apologized a day later several times and really seemed sorry, so it was all good. I still gave her a good review.

Ive only had good experiences with airbnb. Wish they made me breakfast! But on my longest stay they did make me morning coffee.

Would never open up my place though.

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Would never open up my place though.

Me neither, I'm a very private person and I don't want strangers in my home, but also because you have to take the job seriously and be a good host, that's the only way to get good reviews.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I wish i had the dough to travel.

Me Too. The "longest stay" I mentioned was in the same city that I live in :lol:. I have a pretty large gardening operation across town so I stayed near it for a couple weeks in early summer to keep 'farmers hours'

Hoping to vist costal southwest USA soon, though.

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You have to read the reviews, they usually give a good indication. But honestly, since I started using airbnb I have rented many rooms that way and I've never been disappointed. It's been better than any hotel I ever stayed, and always for very little money. I once rented a room in Paris for less than twenty euros and I had the entire apartment for myself. It was crazy, really. I mean, you have to pay more at a hostel where you stay in a room with kids that come into your room all drunk in the middle of the night. Never again. 

I had one bad experience in Dublin, when the girl I rented a room from came home totally wasted and woke me up in the middle of the night. Apparently someone spiked her drink, or so she says, and she apologized a day later several times and really seemed sorry, so it was all good. I still gave her a good seeing to.

Fixed! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Fixed! :lol: 

I really love those Irish girls, they have the best accents, but this girl had those creepy painted eyebrows thing going on... I'm not going to mess with that.

• Haha 1

That story did sound like it was entering an interestingly kinky direction before falling flat on its face with a few apologies later. She would have assumed you were gay. 

• Haha 1

People often do.

But at least I'm not spending a lot of money on hotels when I can get better service for a lot less money.

Edited by EvanG

25 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Time and time again I question why I still work for these cunts.

Don't worry about it bruv, its work, you ain't meant to enjoy it.  Unless you're McLeod, the smarmy cunt :lol:  (love you really, don't take that wrong).  Whats up though fella, why they givin' you the hump?

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I really love those Irish girls, they have the best accents, but this girl had those creepy painted eyebrows thing going on... I'm not going to mess with that.

Surely the best time to shag a crazy bitch is when you're about to jump on a plane to another country afterwards? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Surely the best time to shag a crazy bitch is when you're about to jump on a plane to another country afterwards? :lol: 

I only saw her two times in the morning when I was on my way out, and hearing her throw up all night wasn't appealing either.

Besides, she wasn't really good looking and I have kind of high standards... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm going to Paris next month.  First time.

I proposed to my then girlfriend in Paris. In the bohemian district of Monte Marte where Toulouse Lautrec got his inspiration from. I planned it meticulously because she loves his art.

The next day we went to the Eiffel Tower where I moaned non stop because we had to stand in a que for 2 hours and I fucking hate queuing, she told me i was being a prick and gave me the ring back.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I proposed to my then girlfriend in Paris. In the bohemian district of Monte Marte where Toulouse Lautrec got his inspiration from. I planned it meticulously because she loves his art.

The next day we went to the Eiffel Tower where I moaned non stop because we had to stand in a que for 2 hours and I fucking hate queuing, she told me i was being a prick and gave me the ring back.

Well I love you even if she don't, you legend! :lol: 

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

People often do.

But at least I'm not spending a lot of money on hotels when I can get better service for a lot less money.

I have book marked that place for when I'm travelling solo. I cannot do better than that.

(I'll superglue my arsecrack haha).