inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, that's good news.

It is. Just being weird and throwing that thought out there :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have book marked that place for when I'm travelling solo. I cannot do better than that.

(I'll superglue my arsecrack haha).

I don't know what you're paying, but last year I payed 15 euro per night for a private room in the centre and that included breakfast and everything else. Also a lovely cat to play with. I would have probably been able to get an even better deal through airbnb if I booked earlier, but I usually book last minute and then the best options are gone.

Obviously this is only relevant when you're travelling on a budget, which I always am.

I'm confused about the happenings in Hong Kong. I thought Britain gave HK back to China, so why are they all protesting for independence. Doesn't China have power over them now?

Well, I'm afraid that if the forces from Bejing get involved many people will either be killed or arrested. I commend them for wanting better conditions, but this is China and I doubt they'll ever change.

It seems like the whole world is going crazy right now.

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm confused about the happenings in Hong Kong. I thought Britain gave HK back to China, so why are they all protesting for independence. Doesn't China have power over them now?

Well, I'm afraid that if the forces from Bejing get involved many people will either be killed or arrested. I commend them for wanting better conditions, but this is China and I doubt they'll ever change.

It seems like the whole world is going crazy right now.

''One country, two systems''.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Don't worry about it bruv, its work, you ain't meant to enjoy it.  Unless you're McLeod, the smarmy cunt :lol:  (love you really, don't take that wrong).  Whats up though fella, why they givin' you the hump?

Just get pissed off when i'm the only cunt who does any work.

People doing fuck all get all the praise.

I make a little mistake here and there as we all do and get nothing but greif.

Edited by lukepowell1988

I got a reply saying the hotel is unavailable (''why advertise the bloody place?'') so that is buggered. Too much hassle for me. Probably just go to the Yorkshire Dales instead.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I got a reply saying the hotel is unavailable (''why advertise the bloody place?'') so that is buggered. Too much hassle for me. Probably just go to the Yorkshire Dales instead.

Nahhh man go see the world

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

''Yorkshire Airlines, departing Leeds International Airstrip, touching down twenty minutes later at Leeds International Airstrip, because if it's outside Yorkshire it's not worth bloody visiting''. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

If I can afford the travelling Im planning, I think I will be confined to NA for a few years. Last flight home over the ocean was a bit too much excitement for me. Im thinking that the US South can see me busy for a few years though - I love BBQ and ladies with a twang to their voice:headbang:

17 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He's seen it before anyway.  Well, some of it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He's seen it before anyway.  Well, some of it anyway.

They think I am a provincial yokel on here who has never traveled further than Newcastle, and who wants to flush out all the darkies. Don't ruin the myth!

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They think I am a provincial yokel on here who has never traveled further than Newcastle, and who wants to flush out all the darkies. Don't ruin the myth!

Have you ever been outside of Europe?

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Have you ever been outside of Europe?

I worked in Thailand. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I worked in Thailand. 

Have you been to any other continents? 

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Have you been to any other continents? 

I have been to Europe, Asia and (North) Africa - Morocco. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have been to Europe, Asia and (North) Africa - Morocco. 

Well yeah, you live in Europe.

I was just curious... you don't strike me as a world traveller, not that there is anything wrong with that. But I mean, when booking a city trip to Prague is already ''such a hassle'' (your words) and you already give up when the first hotel you try doesn't take your reservation, then it makes me think you're not the most experienced traveller.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I worked in Thailand. 

Dare we ask, in what capacity? :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dazey said:

Dare we ask, in what capacity? :lol: 

TEFL. English teacher. So if you come across a bunch of Thai people with Geordie accents you'll know to blame.

It is like a gestapo interrogation today!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

TEFL. English teacher. So if you come across a bunch of Thai people with Geordie accents you'll know to blame.

Where about's where ya based?

Edited by lukepowell1988

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Reminds me of that Galton and Simpson line where old man Steptoes reading the newspaper 'Vicar has tryst with au pair girl, 'i was teaching her english' he said' '

Oldest fuckin' line in the book man :lol:

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My missus is looking to do some of that TEFL stuff teaching English to Chinese kids online. Did you enjoy it?

Really fucks me off when people CC in a load of irrelevant people into an email.

It's like the email equivalent of having your boys stood behind you in a scrap I really don't give a fuck that you know X Y and Z person mate doesn't change the reply your getting.

• Like 1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There ya go £30 saved for pints at the cricket happy days.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You fuckin' nectar points collectin', green sheild stamp lickin', coupon clipping depressed middle class housewife :P