inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, that is of course the Swedes, deranged and vile fucks.

Which one eats fish spunk then ? I thought that was Norway.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Thats caviar innit?  At least thats what Bottom told me :lol: 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

After that I have some vague memory of all these Kaiser Monkey type bands appearing after the millennium, and the aesthetics didn't seem bad but I couldn't be arsed. 

My mate Gaz once booked the Arctic Monkeys to play a club show for £100. If you look in the liner notes from their first album it says "Thanks to Gaz from Boro". :lol: 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

The Japanese. We eat fish eggs, though. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats caviar innit?  At least thats what Bottom told me :lol: 

I think you'll find that Eddie said it was fish poo! I mean seriously? You call yourself a fan? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think you'll find that Eddie said it was fish poo! I mean seriously? You call yourself a fan? :lol: 

I’m at work over here and I couldn’t be arsed to type the whole thing out but if you wanna make a point of it the line goes ‘fish poo your dukeness, it comes from a very expensive fishes bottom!’

Ritchie: I knew the aristocracy were depraved but I didn’t know this had gotten etc etc fuck you, I know Bottom better than you :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’m at work over here and I couldn’t be arsed to type the whole thing out but if you wanna make a point of it the line goes ‘fish poo your dukeness, it comes from a very expensive fishes bottom!’

Ritchie: I knew the aristocracy were depraved but I didn’t know this had gotten etc etc fuck you, I know Bottom better than you :lol: 

I'm sure it took you a long time to research that from the video I posted above. :P:lol: 

I'm sure it took you a long time to research that from the video I posted above. :P:lol: 

Fuck off, I know my Bottom back to front :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck off, I know my Bottom back to front :lol: 

In that case maybe you can help me on this one. As a fellow Bottom enthusiast. :lol: 

At 4:40 ish when Ritchie gets his wallet nicked he says “thieving bastard yobbos”. 

Now maybe I’m going mad but I swear that in the original broadcast it was “thieving bastard gypos” and they’ve edited it. 

Am I right or just going senile? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

In that case maybe you can help me on this one. As a fellow Bottom enthusiast. :lol: 

At 4:40 ish when Ritchie gets his wallet nicked he says “thieving bastard yobbos”. 

Now maybe I’m going mad but I swear that in the original broadcast it was “thieving bastard gypos” and they’ve edited it. 

Am I right or just going senile? :lol: 

Itsgyppos, you can heard its dubbed over, later BBC dvd releases put yobbos cuz gyppos is racist.  Whats funny is the following rant is 100 times more ‘racist’ than just the word gyppos.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Itsgyppos, you can heard its dubbed over, later BBC dvd releases put yobbos cuz gyppos is racist.  Whats funny is the following rant is 100 times more ‘racist’ than just the word gyppos.

I KNEW IT!!!!!! :lol: 

Is gypos really racist? 

Edited by Dazey

28 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I KNEW IT!!!!!! :lol: 

Is gypos really racist? 

I don't think its expressly racist in the sense that it can be used to refer to gyppos but its often said by people that it ain't meant as racist.  Used it all my life as a lad and its only in recent years that its occured to me that its racist, I didn't even know, honest to God, never thought about it.  But then if you think about it when was it ever used in a complimentary manner? :lol:  Did yous have 'gyp-scrag' up North, thats one I remember being chucked about a bit at school :lol:  It was used either to refer to a gypsy or to call someone when they're being cheap or dirty or low rent. 

Whats more to the point though is do we give a fuck?  To be every word is fair game, I don't mind Rik Mayall saying gyppo anymore than I mind Alf Garnett saying nig nogs and coons.  Its trivial really, especially when context provides a perfectly airtight justification in those cases.  People make too much of a big deal of things, its what your thinking that counts, not whether you use the word gyppo or refer to someone as a dirty white smelly smoggy cunt :D

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

So does most of Lutons bender community if that lisp is anything to go on 😄

I can't imagine how, I ain't lived there since 1987, must've been the most memorable piece of 4 yr old arse they ever had :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't imagine how, I ain't lived there since 1987, must've been the most memorable piece of 4 yr old arse they ever had :lol:

It was tighter back then. Probably looks like a broken cat flap filled with offal in 2019. :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It was tighter back then. Probably looks like a broken cat flap filled with offal in 2019. :lol: 

Don’t knock it, you’d be amazed what it fetches after a fish poo jar and a night in the fridge :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Yet your very well thought of there still. In the saunas and whatnot.

• Haha 1

Just wanted to repost this Bender on a Bun - is it a circular hot dog ???

g6e1dEmh.jpg

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Just wanted to repost this Bender on a Bun - is it a circular hot dog ???

g6e1dEmh.jpg

I imagine so. It’s just rather unfortunately named given the alternate definition of the word “bender” in the UK. :lol: 

I imagine so. It’s just rather unfortunately named given the alternate definition of the word “bender” in the UK. :lol: 

HAHAHA! And indeed what "buns" means in Canada :lol: Im glad to hear that you havent eaten a circular hotdog. That does not need to exist :no:

Happy 40th, btw!

• Haha 1

All Wimpy's milkshakes were the same. You could order Vanilla, Strawberry or Chocolate and receive the same, vaguely Vanilla concoction.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not Cawl?

That's nice actually basically a meat and vegetable stew though. I'm not sure we can claim it.