inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Who gives a shit what celebrities think?

I know right?  Cuz you write nice songs I'm supposed to give a fuck about your opinion on politics.  Rog' Daltrey is a sheet metal worker from Acton, he knows about as much about politics as I do, which is to say fuck all.  And lets face it, Michael Caine and them, they're rich as fuck, its not like they're gonna be at the sharp end.  To which I suppose their reply would be that they weren't born rich as fuck, they worked for it and that shouldn't impinge upon their right to opine on a given matter. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Clarkson is an absolute cunt.  He's top 5 of the worst living Britons in public life, ones that I can't fuckin' stomach.  Another example is Piers Morgan. 

In his defence he did once punch Piers Morgan. :lol: 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Who gives a shit what celebrities think?

For the most part I’m with you. Save for those few gems who are celebrities because of their impressive brains. Like Chomsky or Atwood. Dr King and Buffy St Marie. Kaepernick and de la Rocha!!:headbang:

but yeah, like holiwood and such is so vapid and disconnected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Seems like the celebrities want out because they don't want as many immigrants, because they believe they will be better off economically, and because they think the EU is not democratic enough :lol:

Allow me to translate for these celebs:

IN: I would still like to have a career in showbiz

OUT: I'm a little older and don't give a fuck about my career anymore

Piers Morgan, huge cricket fan, is a chum of Pietersen who was in that camp during the Strauss/Cook/ECB v KP spat.

Former Canadian Attorney General and bad ass whistleblower Jody Wilson-Raybould winked at me and did one of those hair flick things! I swear!! Its seems totally unlikely but it happened!!! Confirmed by a second encounter where I got one of those girly waves that almost look like casting a spell with like, twinkle fingers. Too cool - Tell the lord he can take me now!!

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Elton John reminds me of my big toe.  Sort of small and pale with a few little hairs growing out of the top.

Is it common for you to have your big toe up some bloke's bum?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is it common for you to have your big toe up some bloke's bum?

Its damn near routine!

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Seems like the celebrities want out because they don't want as many immigrants, because they believe they will be better off economically, and because they think the EU is not democratic enough :lol:

The Brexiting celebrities seem to produce all manner of reasons, but my favourite is Roger's,

''The only way we're going to get the Europe that we want is to get rid of this bunch of f**king useless wankers that are running it''.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Brexiting celebrities seem to produce all manner of reasons, but my favourite is Roger's,

By fleeing? Very British of you...

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

By fleeing? Very British of you...

Idiots to join the thing in the first place - you can blame Ted Heath for that nonsense.

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Interview went well will hear back next week

I really hope you get it but selfishly I also kinda hope you hate it because happy Luke means no rants. :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

In his defence he did once punch Piers Morgan. :lol: 

Not hard enough apparently.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nostalgia,

ECsLP6hW4AUq4Hq?format=jpg&name=medium

I took a brown derby just this morning :D

2 hours ago, soon said:

I took a brown derby just this morning :D

It probably tasted better than anything on that menu. :lol: 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It probably tasted better than anything on that menu. :lol: 

Cant say - I did not eat my brown derby :lol:

On 23/08/2019 at 7:50 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

Good Luck

I did a solid presentation and q&a session, my experience is good, just depends if I'm what they're after.

I shopped in Walmart today for my weekly groceries. I spent over $190.

This whole trade war with China is effecting all us middle class and poor people. it's nuts. The prices keep going up.

I totally understand Trump wanting to bring workers back to the US and businesses too, but at the cost of our prices rising every week is just nuts. I don't know how much more money I can spend on groceries everyweek. I have cats too and a child I have to feed.

• Like 1

Weirdest pop up yet! Why would I want to see more of this old school looking dude? :lol: Or indeed see even just this one pic?? :lol:

0aCYBBch.png

Watching the Bertens vs Badosa match at the US open right now, and I believe I have a new favourite tennisplayer. Move over, Sharapova.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

• Like 1

Lori Loughlin and her husband were to appear in court today regarding paying money to get her daughters into college. They face up to 20 years in prison. I wonder what will happen to them?

Their daughters are back on social media and have millions of followers. I don't understand this at all?:blink: