Jump to content
inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Recommended Posts

Saw on picture of Paul and Gene walking in NYC. They both had hats on and sunglasses. lol

Come on! Like no one would know who they are? Anyway, I would have loved to bump into those guys in NYC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 6:34 PM, Chris1989 said:

I did a solid presentation and q&a session, my experience is good, just depends if I'm what they're after.

I got the job, got the requested salary and start in 2 weeks!

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2019 at 9:45 AM, soon said:

Weirdest pop up yet! Why would I want to see more of this old school looking dude? :lol: Or indeed see even just this one pic?? :lol:

0aCYBBch.png

Dude. That’s Chuck Norris! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

I got the job, got the requested salary and start in 2 weeks!

Me too got it confirmed yesterday just told Biffa where to stick it!

 

Got to sort my contract out and Salary negotiation but I ain't fussed about the money side of it really 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Dude. That’s Chuck Norris! :lol: 

No way! Really? Never seen him with out a beard and grey hair. Looks like a member of the Mamas and Papas or something :lol: Still dont know why the algorithms think Id like to see pictures of him? 

Oh, but Delta Force, I bet this is from when I get pics of Canadian special forces to rib KK :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@soon isn't it like 5 in the morning where you are? Are you already up or still haven't gone to sleep?

Edited by EvanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

@soon isn't it like 5 am in the morning where you are? Are you already up or still haven't gone to sleep?

There is no rest for freedom fighters.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

@soon isn't it like 5 am in the morning where you are? Are you already up or still haven't gone to sleep?

Yeah, its 5:50am. This is a little early for me to be up, 6:30 being ideal. My speed freak neighbour starts parties at 3:30-4 (after the Quebec bars close) sometimes. Its enough that my cat has taken to it as routine and starts freaking out every night the way that the parties make him freak out. poor guy. But yeah, up every night by 4 for at least a month now. Sucks!!!!! 

What time is it there?

PS: Your tennis chick is fine! Some of those european tennis gals look the same to me and I say, keep em coming lord! 

Edited by soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, its 5:50am. This is a little early for me to be up, 6:30 being ideal. My speed freak neighbour starts parties at 3:30-4 (after the Quebec bars close) sometimes. Its enough that my cat has taken to it as routine and starts freaking out every night the way that the parties make him freak out. poor guy. But yeah, up every night by 4 for at least a month now. Sucks!!!!! 

PS: Your tennis chick is fine! Some of those european tennis gals look the same to me and I say, keep em coming lord! 

That would drive me nuts, can't you say something about it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That would drive me nuts, can't you say something about it? 

I drives me nuts too! I have tried to deal with her and she's too far gone down her path with speed and also I'd wager is an asshole in general. I have started the process to get her evicted. It is a slow process unless I wanna spring into action and gather evidence by taking videos of me knocking on her door to ask them to stop. Not really my thing, but our co-op board is supportive and when they can they will evict Im sure. Or she'll get arrested for the dealing that happens out of her place. Or she will die because she never sleeps.

Im curious what time is it there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw on picture of Paul and Gene walking in NYC. They both had hats on and sunglasses. lol

Come on! Like no one would know who they are? Anyway, I would have loved to bump into those guys in NYC.

Paul was probably wearing a wig under his hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Me too got it confirmed yesterday just told Biffa where to stick it!

 

Got to sort my contract out and Salary negotiation but I ain't fussed about the money side of it really 

Cool beans!

 

And by that I mean both 'Great news and way to go' but also rhyming slang for the queen in the morgue :lol:

 

I gather you start in a month and are off until then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, soon said:

I drives me nuts too! I have tried to deal with her and she's too far gone down her path with speed and also I'd wager is an asshole in general. I have started the process to get her evicted. It is a slow process unless I wanna spring into action and gather evidence by taking videos of me knocking on her door to ask them to stop. Not really my thing, but our co-op board is supportive and when they can they will evict Im sure. Or she'll get arrested for the dealing that happens out of her place. Or she will die because she never sleeps.

Im curious what time is it there?

Almost one p.m.

That sucks though, I guess you could call the cops, you have every right to do so. That might 'speed' up the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Almost one p.m.

That sucks though, I guess you could call the cops, you have every right to do so. That might 'speed' up the process.

Haha, 'speed.' It would be bylaw enforcement who dont really have the same kinda impact. Never have i heard one say "that encounter with by-law really shook me up." And there are few by law officers on duty so by the time they arrive hours later the party, and two minutes of drunken sex, is likely over. I do have a really cool neighbour who's told me that if a party ever starts before 1:30 am I can email him and he will come over and document it and knock on the door. And he's on our board. I think thats whats gonna get her.

I appreciate you encouraging me to take more action. I prolly should do more, but Id rather just calm down my cat and try to at least get some shut eye, even if Im awake. I gotta find the balance.

Yikes, you are heading into the full heat of the day! Hope its not too bad today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, 'speed.' It would be bylaw enforcement who dont really have the same kinda impact. Never have i heard one say "that encounter with by-law really shook me up." And there are few by law officers on duty so by the time they arrive hours later the party, and two minutes of drunken sex, is likely over. I do have a really cool neighbour who's told me that if a party ever starts before 1:30 am I can email him and he will come over and document it and knock on the door. And he's on our board. I think thats whats gonna get her.

I appreciate you encouraging me to take more action. I prolly should do more, but Id rather just calm down my cat and try to at least get some shut eye, even if Im awake. I gotta find the balance.

Yikes, you are heading into the full heat of the day! Hope its not too bad today.

I would probably be calm about it too at first, I've never called the cops before, but if this happened regularly in the middle night I would have no choice, at least not if I asked them a bunch of times personally and nothing would change.

They said it will reach up to 32 this afternoon, not as hot as yesterday fortunately, and still a couple of hot days ahead of us, but by sunday the temperature is expected to drop below 25 and that will be officially the end of the third heatwave of the summer. We've never had a heatwave this late in the season, yet another record! September can still get really hot, but let's hope it stays below 25 degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soon said:

Cool beans!

 

And by that I mean both 'Great news and way to go' but also rhyming slang for the queen in the morgue :lol:

 

I gather you start in a month and are off until then? 

Got to give a month notice but doing as little work as possible what ya gonna do sack me ? 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I would probably be calm about it too at first, I've never called the cops before, but if this happened regularly in the middle night I would have no choice, at least not if I asked them a bunch of times personally and nothing would change.

They said it will reach up to 32 this afternoon, not as hot as yesterday fortunately, and still a couple of hot days ahead of us, but by sunday the temperature is expected to drop below 25 and that will be officially the end of the third heatwave of the summer. We've never had a heatwave this late in the season, yet another record! September can still get really hot, but let's hope it stays below 25 degrees.

Ouch! Glad we seem to be passed those 32 days. The climate crisis is busting all the records! We had hottest summer and now early fall and cineater just shared the farmers almanac prediction for a brutal winter. I was snowed in at last 4 times last year and it was a mild winter. At least the kids will be back to school soon and wont bother you with their play :) 

I did go to her door twice early on. First time they all went silent - it was like teenagers getting busted :lol: Unfortunately my phone didnt pick up anything. Second time she answered with a man. They basically told me to fuck off. And then people fled out the back door, presumably with the large stash of drugs in case I had called by-law. Then in the day time when I approach her I get childish responses like "we are allowed to talk" (?? they blast rank techno music and shout) and "I dont know what you mean" as she anxiously picks at her tweaker scabs.

Cops are always like "hello mr soon." And since they all look the same to me I can never remember how I know them. Im always thinking - is this the one who I told a "your mom" joke two when he had me in cuffs? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Got to give a month notice but doing as little work as possible what ya gonna do sack me ? 

I got 5 weeks paid gardening leave when I left in mid July, but I pretty much stopped working in mid June...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

I got 5 weeks paid gardening leave when I left in mid July, but I pretty much stopped working in mid June...

There being nice enough to give me a few days off at the end of it paid.

 

Nice little 4 day mini holiday before I start the new job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

Ouch! Glad we seem to be passed those 32 days. The climate crisis is busting all the records! We had hottest summer and now early fall and cineater just shared the farmers almanac prediction for a brutal winter. I was snowed in at last 4 times last year and it was a mild winter. At least the kids will be back to school soon and wont bother you with their play :) 

I did go to her door twice early on. First time they all went silent - it was like teenagers getting busted :lol: Unfortunately my phone didnt pick up anything. Second time she answered with a man. They basically told me to fuck off. And then people fled out the back door, presumably with the large stash of drugs in case I had called by-law. Then in the day time when I approach her I get childish responses like "we are allowed to talk" (?? they blast rank techno music and shout) and "I dont know what you mean" as she anxiously picks at her tweaker scabs.

Cops are always like "hello mr soon." And since they all look the same to me I can never remember how I know them. Im always thinking - is this the one who I told a "your mom" joke two when he had me in cuffs? :lol:

Kids already started school this week, they only get 6/7 weeks summer break over here. What a rip off, huh? At least compared to some countries where they get almost three months. They do get enough holidays throughout the school year however. I actually read in the paper that some schools already used a ''heatwave'' schedule in their first week, because a lot of schools don't have a/c and it's unbearable in those old buildings with a lot of windows. But I say just let them suffer, it will toughen them up and be a good lesson for the real world! I'm kidding...

Hope it will work out with your neighbour sooner than later.

Edited by EvanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Kids already started school this week, they only get 6/7 weeks summer break over here. What a rip off, huh? At least compared to some countries where they get almost three months. They do get enough holidays throughout the school year however. I actually read in the paper that some schools already used a ''heatwave'' schedule in their first week, because a lot of schools don't have a/c and it's unbearable in those old buildings with a lot of windows. But I say just let them suffer, it will toughen them up and be a good lesson for the real world! I'm kidding...

Hope it will work out with your neighbour sooner than later.

Thanks man, I hope so too. I get so tired by noon that my vision gets blurry.

I wouldnt trade a nice long summer break for more holidays throughout the year. The endless summers of youth are magical.

Baking away in the classroom is brutal. Teach those stupid kids to shut up though! :lol:

51 minutes ago, EvanG said:

What a rip off, huh?

Given your Canadian heritage, you should say "what a rip off, eh?" :) And yeah thats a total rip off!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks man, I hope so too. I get so tired by noon that my vision gets blurry.

I wouldnt trade a nice long summer break for more holidays throughout the year. The endless summers of youth are magical.

 

Totally, but I didn't know any better than having 6 or 7 weeks off and that already felt like a long time. It wasn't until much later that I realized in some other countries kids would have 3 months off or whatever. We do have one week in the fall, two weeks with christmas, then two weeks with Easter, and I believe one more week in spring. But yeah, I would have loved to have 3 months off in the summer... especially considering how much I disliked school as a youngster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some jerk who just killed 3 people was running around naked from the cops. He was finally taken down by a K9 dog. Hope he bit him in the dick! 

Another guy attacked his dad with a knife and stole a police car and crashed into another car killing two 6 year old girls. Unbelievable. 

Honestly, it's getting to be everyday so many crazy people doing something horrible. I think if you run from cops you should get shot in the leg to stop you. If you're innocent, you should not run!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×