inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

50 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Kids already started school this week, they only get 6/7 weeks summer break over here. What a rip off, huh? At least compared to some countries where they get almost three months. They do get enough holidays throughout the school year however. I actually read in the paper that some schools already used a ''heatwave'' schedule in their first week, because a lot of schools don't have a/c and it's unbearable in those old buildings with a lot of windows. But I say just let them suffer, it will toughen them up and be a good lesson for the real world! I'm kidding...

Hope it will work out with your neighbour sooner than later.

Thanks man, I hope so too. I get so tired by noon that my vision gets blurry.

I wouldnt trade a nice long summer break for more holidays throughout the year. The endless summers of youth are magical.

Baking away in the classroom is brutal. Teach those stupid kids to shut up though! :lol:

51 minutes ago, EvanG said:

What a rip off, huh?

Given your Canadian heritage, you should say "what a rip off, eh?" :) And yeah thats a total rip off!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks man, I hope so too. I get so tired by noon that my vision gets blurry.

I wouldnt trade a nice long summer break for more holidays throughout the year. The endless summers of youth are magical.

Totally, but I didn't know any better than having 6 or 7 weeks off and that already felt like a long time. It wasn't until much later that I realized in some other countries kids would have 3 months off or whatever. We do have one week in the fall, two weeks with christmas, then two weeks with Easter, and I believe one more week in spring. But yeah, I would have loved to have 3 months off in the summer... especially considering how much I disliked school as a youngster.

• Like 1

Some jerk who just killed 3 people was running around naked from the cops. He was finally taken down by a K9 dog. Hope he bit him in the dick! 

Another guy attacked his dad with a knife and stole a police car and crashed into another car killing two 6 year old girls. Unbelievable. 

Honestly, it's getting to be everyday so many crazy people doing something horrible. I think if you run from cops you should get shot in the leg to stop you. If you're innocent, you should not run!

Kennst du das A-Team? Vier Männer in ein' schwarzen Van, ohne Rahmen… ha! Was glaubst du, was da vorgeht? Das kann man sich doch denken, na...

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Kennst du das A-Team? Vier Männer in ein' schwarzen Van, ohne Rahmen… ha! Was glaubst du, was da vorgeht? Das kann man sich doch denken, na...

Nein!!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nein!!!

Weisst du, wie die alle heissen? Der alte Bock der heisst Hannibal. Und der grosse Mann der heisst B.A. Baracus. Und dann gibt es noch so einen Vollidiot, das ist Murdock. Und der vierte der heisst... Gesicht.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Warum bist du über ,,The A-Team'' auf Deutsch sprechen?

Warum nicht?

• Like 1

Speak Murican! Cause' this here's Murica! :lol:

:lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

Speak Murican! Cause' this here's Murica! :lol:

Amerika ist wunderbar.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very cool tune! Perfect message. Been stuck in my head. Video is really neat too. The moon is America, haha.

Its funny to me also because here, in very particular anglophone rev left communities, there is a tendency to spell Amerika like that, with a "k". But hilariously no one can agree on why and many explanations contradict other explanations :lol:

Edited by soon

Completely random but Rammstein has the best quality band shirts ever.

It cost me like $40 to import it from Germany though and im scared to wear it :lol:

On 28/08/2019 at 4:52 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I love Charles Bronson, I've seen all his films, barring a handful of those early uncredited 5 seconds on screen jobbies. 

• GNFNR 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love Charles Bronson, I've seen all his films, barring a handful of those early uncredited 5 seconds on screen jobbies. 

You see this? I love Dave lmfao.

Edited by Oldest Goat

41 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You see this? I love Dave lmfao.

I've watched about half an hour or so of this show but I had things doing so I'm looking to catch the rest when I got a minute.  I do love Chappelle though, he's a G.  He's got a really deep body (oo err) of quality work.

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Once Upon a Time in the West is great, I need to watch it again. A mate of mine got me this aftershave from Japan:

Showed it to my dad and he cracked up, kept watching it on repeat.

Bit random, but a mate of mine shared me a new solo song from William DuVall, and I'm sure I remember reading a story either here or somewhere else about a girl who said she got to hang out with him for a day in Camden or somewhere because he fancied her and kept pursuing her... I'm trying to remember if there was a GNR connection?

26 minutes ago, Amir said:

Once Upon a Time in the West is great, I need to watch it again. A mate of mine got me this aftershave from Japan:

Showed it to my dad and he cracked up, kept watching it on repeat.

Bit random, but a mate of mine shared me a new solo song from William DuVall, and I'm sure I remember reading a story either here or somewhere else about a girl who said she got to hang out with him for a day in Camden or somewhere because he fancied her and kept pursuing her... I'm trying to remember if there was a GNR connection?

Wait, she got to hang with Charles Bronson for a day or am I just proper pissed?  I been on the brandies all night, you need to be more clear :lol: 

Whats it smell like? :lol:  Is it fuckin’ Tom Ford-ish or 1980s Denim-ish?

38 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Wait, she got to hang with Charles Bronson for a day or am I just proper pissed?  I been on the brandies all night, you need to be more clear :lol: 

Whats it smell like? :lol:  Is it fuckin’ Tom Ford-ish or 1980s Denim-ish?

It's very much an old-school cologne :P I actually quite like it, almost run out now, couldn't find it myself when I was in Japan a couple of years back.

The second story is unrelated to Charles Bronson, was about William Duvall, the new Alice In Chains singer, just popped into my head because my friend shared me his new song, but I'm sure I read the story on this forum...

16 minutes ago, Amir said:

It's very much an old-school cologne :P I actually quite like it, almost run out now, couldn't find it myself when I was in Japan a couple of years back.

The second story is unrelated to Charles Bronson, was about William Duvall, the new Alice In Chains singer, just popped into my head because my friend shared me his new song, but I'm sure I read the story on this forum...

As for the Charles Bronson story, cheers bruv :lol:

As for the Alice in Chains story, why the fuck are you telling me? :lol: 

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As for the Alice in Chains story, why the fuck are you telling me? :lol: 

I wasn't telling you in particular, was a general question to people on MyGNRForum :lol: