inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Why were the best bits removed? is that cause you were British in the 80's? I don't get it.

Basically yes. 

There was so much great music coming from America in the 80s, a lot of those bands were called ''college rock'' because there wasn't a name for it yet. They were coming from all over the place. California had a great punk scene and weird bands like the Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction. The Seattle scene was already blooming. As well as Minneapolis, they were sorta the ''first'' Seattle in that sense, of course Prince being the superstar from that town, but underneath the surface you had The Replacements, Hüsker Dü, Soul Asylum, Babes In Toyland, all from the same town, but most of them never hit the mainstream quite like some of those Seattle bands did, so Minneapolis never became fashionable. R.E.M. was pretty big too, already headlining festivals in Europe in the 80s even though they didn't start scoring massive hits until the 90s.

• Like 1

I was referring to the metal/rock which consisted of Ratt, Dokkon, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi and Winger.

I actually don't mind a bit of Madge, and Michael Jackson's stuff used to be good until we all discovered he was noncing the whole time!

We made it through a week without a child being murdered.  It's been a while since the town could say that.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Len Cnut finished watching Dave Chapelle's 'Sticks & Stones' yet? I just did, was crackup as. Watched the aftershow video too. I love Dave lol

Yeah, I really liked it.  I see all the wrong people taking it as his volley against the alphabets though, which is a shame cuz it clearly ain’t.

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

We made it through a week without a child being murdered.  It's been a while since the town could say that.

I couldnt decide to react with a like or a sad face. That sounds grim. Glad there hasnt been a murder this week. Gang violence? 

The best thing about the 80's was how it shaped some of the coolest people on here! 

Nah, J/K its the Ninja Turtles :P TMNT is what makes the 80s cool

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Real losers never lose.

"If you constantly win and dominate again and again, when you really think about it, you're actually just a fucking loser." - Evan 'The Tricky' G

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

"If you constantly win and dominate again and again, when you really think about it, you're actually just a fucking loser." - Evan 'The Tricky' G

Respect your elders, young man!

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Please explain this nonsense

That's loser talk.

What a mess the hurricane made of the Bahamas. So sad. It's scary how we can't do anything about these storms.

My mom has a cousin who lives in West Florida so luckily the storm didn't hit them.

Here in Texas our temps are in the 100's. Can't stand it. Too damn hot! Can't wait for November. By then we should have cooler temps. lol You never know?

On 9/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, cineater said:

Actually there was another little girl who was found dead yesterday after her mother drove off from the father with the little girl in the car seat. They found the little girl dumped in a park. Not sure if the mother is talking? God! I wish copes could beat the truth out of some people.

How can a mother kill her own baby? Was it to spite the father? what madness is this? 

It makes me sick to my stomach. You have to be a real bitch to kill your own child.

There's also a trial ready to begin about a teen who gave birth and buried her baby in the back yard. She's saying the baby was still born. Who knows? She had to keep her pregnancy a secret and they said she had an eating disorder so it's possible. Either way, it's another heartbreaking story.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I was referring to the metal/rock which consisted of Ratt, Dokkon, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi and Winger.

I actually don't mind a bit of Madge, and Michael Jackson's stuff used to be good until we all discovered he was noncing the whole time!

I loved the 80's. it was a happy decade and we got GNR! :headbang:

Some of the 80's bands weren't that talent, but hey it must have been a good decade for all those guys. 

Too many pigeons got in my space on the busy downtown sidewalk. I kinda, gently scooped one out of my way with my foot -for its own safety - but it took flight into a women’s face. 

Cell phones came out. “He kicked that pigeon into my face!!” Is captured on video. 

If it goes viral I hope to at least make it onto a punchline on last week tonight with John Oliver :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

@soon but you seem like a really mellow kind of person?! Any video of that wouldn't reflect the Soon we know and love. 

Aww, thanks Gracii. The camera dont lie, though. This is who I am now, I kick pigeons into peoples faces. 

I think I fled before they got much of me on video :facepalm: So... yay? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

Aww, thanks Gracii. The camera dont lie, though. This is who I am now, I kick pigeons into peoples faces. 

I think I fled before they got much of me on video :facepalm: So... yay? :lol:

So...you rape pigeons eh?  I'm a swan man myself :lol:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So...you rape pigeons eh?  I'm a swan man myself :lol:

Swans are so regal. It takes vermin to really turn my engine :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Had to stop for a shit in the bushes on the way to work again today ... Thank fuck I carry a bag of wet wipes 

I love you :lol:  It such a source of comfort to me that you’re out there in the world, shitting in the bushes.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love you :lol:  It such a source of comfort to me that you’re out there in the world, shitting in the bushes.  

Wasn't very comforting for me I tell ya!

The wife has the car for the week as the school run is back so I have been walking to work get up at 7AM sit there for 30 odd mins few farts tiny shit my guts are sorted great I will head off.

Get about 15 mins down the road and start Sweating out guts proper killing me no choice.

Happy to say about the 5th time in a year I have had to shit down an alleyway or in a bush