inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Off topic, but so far my local radio station has played Hardschool, Used to Love Her & what I couldn't believe most, they just played One in a Million...

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Usenet is really hard to use if you ain't techie

I had an account years ago and it was really good. Much faster than the torrent sites at the time.

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people over-complicate human relationships.  Romantic human relationships.  Its like the most natural, simple, easy thing in the world.  Two people either like each other or they don't.  Much like all human relationships actually.  I guess family is a more complicated one cuz you're kinda lumbered with it but other than that, fuck man, you either have  two people who like and respect each other or they don't and if they don't, buh bye, simple as that. 

I can't stand Joe Rogan, i think he's a know-nothing slaphead ponce.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people over-complicate human relationships.  Romantic human relationships.  Its like the most natural, simple, easy thing in the world.  Two people either like each other or they don't.  Much like all human relationships actually.  I guess family is a more complicated one cuz you're kinda lumbered with it but other than that, fuck man, you either have  two people who like and respect each other or they don't and if they don't, buh bye, simple as that. 

I can't stand Joe Rogan, i think he's a know-nothing slaphead ponce.

Yeah completely agree mate. I guess the problems arise in situations like being somebody like the male feminist type they describe that nobody wants, sucks to suck lol.

I can stand Rogan but wouldn't say I'm a fan he's a bit of a poser. However, in this video he and that girl are absolutely correct.

The best thing about Joe Rogan is that he played in one of the best American sitcoms of the 90's, NewsRadio, with Stephen Root and Phil Hartman. Well, and Andy Dick who is as annoying as hell, but he played a hilarious character, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The best thing about Joe Rogan is that he played in one of the best American sitcoms of the 90's, NewsRadio, with Stephen Root and Phil Hartman. Well, and Andy Dick who is as annoying as hell, but he played a hilarious character, though.

I've never heard of that but I have to admit I somewhat enjoyed Fear Factor back in the day lol

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah completely agree mate. I guess the problems arise in situations like being somebody like the male feminist type they describe that nobody wants, sucks to suck lol.

I can stand Rogan but wouldn't say I'm a fan he's a bit of a poser. However, in this video he and that girl are absolutely correct.

He (Rogan) seems to be an embodiment of all the sort of things he finds distasteful. Take the male feminist weasel, how far removed is Rogan from that, he’s a version of the same thing, a wannabe of your sort of Charles Bronson types, he does things like talk about reining in his inner pussy, its a joke.  Just another person out of millions striving to be something he’s not for a certain purpose, how far removed is that from the male feminist weasel.  

I think male feminists are and important thing in society, fuckin’ more of em the better.  I get that they are talking about a certain kind of phoney as opposed to geezers who agreed with a certain kind of ideal or what have you but I don’t think everyone gets that, I think a lot of people will come away from videos like that going ‘yeah, men who agree with feminist ideals, whats a bunch if f@ggots’, I don’t think its helpful. 

I’m not really in a position to pontificate on this subject but fuck it, I’m doing it anyway :lol: 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I've never heard of that but I have to admit I somewhat enjoyed Fear Factor back in the day lol

Haha... another show to be proud of!

I haven't watched NewsRadio in forever, maybe I wouldn't enjoy it anymore now, but back in the day I liked it, especially when you compare it to most of those cheesy sitcoms that were coming out of America in the 90's.

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Ive seen a few of those. It also had Maura Tierney:wub: who seemed to be in a lot of that eras good shows

Zaz6oMNh.jpg

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Ive seen a few of those. It also had Maura Tierney:wub: who seemed to be in a lot of that eras good shows

Zaz6oMNh.jpg

Yeah, she was cute... she also played in Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams, but that's a long time ago, I haven't seen her anymore in anything since then. Too bad.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He (Rogan) seems to be an embodiment of all the sort of things he finds distasteful. Take the male feminist weasel, how far removed is Rogan from that, he’s a version of the same thing, a wannabe of your sort of Charles Bronson types, he does things like talk about reining in his inner pussy, its a joke.  Just another person out of millions striving to be something he’s not for a certain purpose, how far removed is that from the male feminist weasel.  

I think male feminists are and important thing in society, fuckin’ more of em the better.  I get that they are talking about a certain kind of phoney as opposed to geezers who agreed with a certain kind of ideal or what have you but I don’t think everyone gets that, I think a lot of people will come away from videos like that going ‘yeah, men who agree with feminist ideals, whats a bunch if f@ggots’, I don’t think its helpful. 

I’m not really in a position to pontificate on this subject but fuck it, I’m doing it anyway :lol: 

I've only seen youtube clips here and there of Rogan so can't defend or condemn him too much, he definitely seems self-serving. From what I've seen he's at least fairly upfront about that though whereas the male feminist weasel type is underhanded creepy little shits who betray the causes they claim to fight for in a pathetic attempt to get some pussy or failing that any attention they can scrape together to bolster their tattered ego.

Normal proper feminism, equal rights etc, the sole meaning it used to have is surely just common sense, basic human decency, obvious. You'd have to be a backwards hillbilly or something to not grasp it. So yes it would be very tragic to disregard due to the SJW weasel types.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, she was cute... she also played in Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams, but that's a long time ago, I haven't seen her anymore in anything since then. Too bad.

Is that right, you know I thought Id seen Insomnia but I dont recall her or Pacino so I must be mistaken. Will have to check that out. Yeah, I swear Ive seen her in 90s' movies as the best friend/sister of the female lead a few times, but I cant bring them to mind. Too bad indeed.

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Poof! :P:lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dazey said:

He's only pretending to pontificate because he wants to fuck us! And he's got a lisp! *breaks chair over Leonard's back* :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Is that right, you know I thought Id seen Insomnia but I dont recall her or Pacino so I must be mistaken. Will have to check that out. Yeah, I swear Ive seen her in 90s' movies as the best friend/sister of the female lead a few times, but I cant bring them to mind. Too bad indeed.

Pacino plays the lead role, you must have remembered him if you watched it. Good movie, you should watch it for sure. Williams plays a psychopath, like in One Hour Photo.

Tierney always reminded me of Jennifer Aniston for some reason. Going through her IMDB, I see she also played in Booker. Remember that show? Talking about nostalgia... this was one of the first shows I ever watched as a kid and I was obsessed with it. Watching the intro now, I can't imagine going through even one episode, it's probably that bad... 

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I ain't sayin' you gotta blow smoke up their arses and that but being a bloke and agreeing with feminism ain't antithetical.  I absolutely agree with feminism, always have.  The problem arises though, when you say things like that, its like you're aligning yourself with some group and once you do that you're taking  everything they ever stood for on your shoulders, I just mean the principles of an equal society, for birds, benders, whites, blacks, everyone.  There's things I've heard that purport to be feminism that I don't agree with sure, there's certain things about any number of things I hear that I might agree with overall that don't sit right with me, I don't think that warrants writing the thing off in each instance or invalidates the fundamental principles. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len is a feminist? The heart bleeds.

The question is for who :lol:

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len is a feminist? The heart bleeds.

Before we know it he'll be loitering at public parks to ogle passersby and having totally real orgies somehow involving cats. Tis the way of the woke. :lol:

It's easy for him to claim to be a feminist. Doesn't affect him one way or the other as long as he has his access to poultry and long-necked avians.

Is the fuckin' MyGnR Geezers Union gonna revoke my fuckin' card now or what? :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

It's easy for him to claim to be a feminist. Doesn't affect him one way or the other as long as he has his access to poultry and long-necked avians.

I will say this; all Leonard really cares about is violently raping swans nonstop. Over 100million swan are raped by him every year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Pacino plays the lead role, you must have remembered him if you watched it. Good movie, you should watch it for sure. Williams plays a psychopath, like in One Hour Photo.

Tierney always reminded me of Jennifer Aniston for some reason. Going through her IMDB, I see she also played in Booker. Remember that show? Talking about nostalgia... this was one of the first shows I ever watched as a kid and I was obsessed with it. Watching the intro now, I can't imagine going through even one episode, it's probably that bad... 

:lol: That is so terrible it hurts! I never heard of Booker, actually. But I can see the appeal to a kid. Its neat though how its not like ancient history by any means but it looks and feels like a whole other world.

I get that Aniston comparison for sure. Cant put my finger on it, but its there. Like midwest farmers daughters who moved to the city and are witty? Is that a type? :lol:

I think I had One Hour Photo in mind, actually - good call. Just watched a clip and have definitely never seen Insomnia. It looks cool, thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

:lol: That is so terrible it hurts! I never heard of Booker, actually. But I can see the appeal to a kid. Its neat though how its not like ancient history by any means but it looks and feels like a whole other world.

I get that Aniston comparison for sure. Cant put my finger on it, but its there. Like midwest farmers daughters who moved to the city and are witty? Is that a type? :lol:

I think I had One Hour Photo in mind, actually - good call. Just watched a clip and have definitely never seen Insomnia. It looks cool, thanks for the suggestion!

According to Wikipedia it was a spin off of 21 Jump Street and I guess it's no surprise that they only made one season of it. My uncle turned 80 the other day and I actually thought about this show for some odd reason, because I have a memory of going to his 50th birthday party and at one point I told everyone that Booker was about to be on TV, so they put me in front of the TV and I watched my Booker, that's how obsessed I must have been. This was 1989 so I was around 6 years old. It's odd the kind of trivia you remember from so long ago, eh? I won't bore you with all my memories of watching Columbo, The A-Team and MacGyver!

I get that Aniston comparison for sure. Cant put my finger on it, but its there. Like midwest farmers daughters who moved to the city and are witty? Is that a type? 

That's probably it, and I think she had the famous ''Rachel'' hairstyle like many women in the 90's.

• GNFNR 1