inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I live not far from Burnage, Moss Side etc and they used to be pretty sketchy about 20 years ago with a lot of gun crime. It's gotten a lot better in recent years though. I think a lot of the wronguns are round Salford way these days.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_crime_in_south_Manchester

I know Moss Side was always naughty but Burnage, in pictures this is, always looked a bit 3 bed semi-ish.  How far removed are Moss Side and Burnage? 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I know Moss Side was always naughty but Burnage, in pictures this is, always looked a bit 3 bed semi-ish.  How far removed are Moss Side and Burnage? 

They're all within walking distance of one another. Longsight is where most of the shooting was going on and that's just down the road.

izmsbKv.jpg 

Incidentally McLeod Jr was born in the hospital at the top of the map there. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Why can't they have refillable Rx bottles?  I have to go up there to get it any way.  Why can't I just take the old Rx bottle, stick it in the pill dispenser and get a refill?

Trumps in town today, some sort of conference so they've closed some of the roads off and I had to drop my brothers little 'un to school this morning.  I was two hours in the fuckin' traffic, two fuckin' hours, fuck me blind, I hope that fucking ugly cunt fucks off home soon, fuckin' pussyhole.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Trumps in town today, some sort of conference so they've closed some of the roads off and I had to drop my brothers little 'un to school this morning.  I was two hours in the fuckin' traffic, two fuckin' hours, fuck me blind, I hope that fucking ugly cunt fucks off home soon, fuckin' pussyhole.

Two hours in traffic and the whole time you know its all because of that complete buffoon. He prolly needed to stop by the pharmacy to stock up on that UK Sudafed he 'prefers.' 

Yeah those caravans are crazy. No other countries are nearly as big as US, but are still an inconvenience. I live right were all those VIP caravans go. Only upside is that we get prioritized for snow removal as a result.

They passed a rule of no medical marijuana use in state parks.  The first ban I've seen but more are coming.  It's a second hand smoke issue.

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

I fear that I am ordinary just like everyone.

Hates sunlight and children? Has a phobia of drinking in a boozer alone? Likes to speak about The A-Team in Deutsch?

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I fear that I am ordinary just like everyone.

*has existential crisis and vomits blood because Evan thinks I'm ordinary*

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hates sunlight and children? Has a phobia of drinking in a boozer alone? Likes to speak about The A-Team in Deutsch?

You're right, I'm not ordinary at all.... I'm fucking great!

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

*has existential crisis and vomits blood because Evan thinks I'm ordinary*

I wasn't talking about you, buddy, you're even more awesome than me.

• GNFNR 1

Okay, a guy holding up a bent cucumber and comparing it to the problem he has with his penius and the woman looking at the wrinkles in her daughter's date's pants and thinking he has hard on is not what I want to see in a commercial.  WTF?!  Am I the only one seeing this?  Why would that woman even look at that kid's crotch?

I've had too much TV time. :blink:

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kirk Douglas is 103 today. What a legend. 

He made some fantastic films y'know, early doors, he weren't just a fuckin' walk through em job like certain iconic stars of them days who got a lot of mileage out of just embodying an archetype.  He really picked his roles and worked with some quite brilliant directors, he was great in Out of the Past opposite Robert Mitchum, really a seminal film noir work, I Walk Alone with Burt Lancaster is a brilliant little gangster role where he does another turn as a villianous character, he then played a boxer in Champion, oscar nominated performance...then his career got really interesting, Young Man with a Horn directed by Michael Curtiz was fantastic, Ace in the Hole directed by Billy Wilder, then The Bad and the Beautiful with Lana Turner, Detective Story, Man Without a Star were good...then he did a turn as Vincent Van Gogh in Lust for Life, which inspired the song by Iggy Pop and David Bowie, Paths of Glory and Spartacus are also class.  Town Without Pity is great too, about these American soldiers based in Germany where this girl is raped and like...its sort of like a courtroom drama, Strangers When We Meet opposite Kim Novak about an extra-marital affair.  At least pre-late 60s almost all his roles had like...something to em, he really pushed himself as an actor because, really and truly speaking, he wasn't somebody with INCREDIBLE range, a natural talent like your Brandos and Oliviers but I think you could really argue the value of his body of work up against anybody because he really really tried.  He was a rag and bone mans son too.  His real name is Issur something. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He made some fantastic films y'know, early doors, he weren't just a fuckin' walk through em job like certain iconic stars of them days who got a lot of mileage out of just embodying an archetype.  He really picked his roles and worked with some quite brilliant directors, he was great in Out of the Past opposite Robert Mitchum, really a seminal film noir work, I Walk Alone with Burt Lancaster is a brilliant little gangster role where he does another turn as a villianous character, he then played a boxer in Champion, oscar nominated performance...then his career got really interesting, Young Man with a Horn directed by Michael Curtiz was fantastic, Ace in the Hole directed by Billy Wilder, then The Bad and the Beautiful with Lana Turner, Detective Story, Man Without a Star were good...then he did a turn as Vincent Van Gogh in Lust for Life, which inspired the song by Iggy Pop and David Bowie, Paths of Glory and Spartacus are also class.  Town Without Pity is great too, about these American soldiers based in Germany where this girl is raped and like...its sort of like a courtroom drama, Strangers When We Meet opposite Kim Novak about an extra-marital affair.  At least pre-late 60s almost all his roles had like...something to em, he really pushed himself as an actor because, really and truly speaking, he wasn't somebody with INCREDIBLE range, a natural talent like your Brandos and Oliviers but I think you could really argue the value of his body of work up against anybody because he really really tried.  He was a rag and bone mans son too.  His real name is Issur something. 

Paths of Glory is in my top three war films.

Champion is a good early ''boxing'' film also.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Paths of Glory is in my top three war films.

Champion is a good early ''boxing'' film also.

Young Man with a Horn and Lust for Life are really good too, really challenging sort of roles for the time, like...tortured artist type roles. 

I just found out, one of my ancestors was a calvinist, kicking the catholic priest out of his church and installing a regime of terror.

1 hour ago, action said:

I just found out, one of my ancestors was a calvinist, kicking the catholic priest out of his church and installing a regime of terror.

This explains so much :P

• Haha 2

More impeachment talks.

When will the finally make up their minds? If there is all these evidence against Trump, then impeach him and let's move on.

Let Europe take care of the Ukraine. They dropped the ball with Hitler, let them make a stand against Putin and Russia.

Yeah, the US dropped the ball too with Germany and Japan. WE have to learn from all our past mistakes or this shit will continue to go on and on.

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

More impeachment talks.

When will the finally make up their minds? If there is all these evidence against Trump, then impeach him and let's move on.

Let Europe take care of the Ukraine. They dropped the ball with Hitler, let them make a stand against Putin and Russia.

Yeah, the US dropped the ball too with Germany and Japan. WE have to learn from all our past mistakes or this shit will continue to go on and on.

England never dropped no balls, we took Hitlers balls...one of em's in the Albert Hall ;)

Has ''dropping a ball'' got something to do with Joe Denly? 

Spoiler

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Has ''dropping a ball'' got something to do with Joe Denly? 

Hide contents

Technically he did catch that...for a second :lol:  That black geezers thinking 'you fuckin' wanker' :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Technically he did catch that...for a second :lol:  That black geezers thinking 'you fuckin' wanker' :lol:

Jofra Archer you ignoramus. 

I'm having a fucking cold. I don't mind the throat aches, but please spare me the running nose, which makes sleeping near impossible. If I don't get my 9 hours of sleep a night, I become a pain in the ass.

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

Got the Christmas food delivery from Waitrose today. Lovely top sirloin roasting joint, a Heston pudding and a massive fucking pork pie! Salivating at the very thought of it. :D 

Apparently Fortnums is great for all that shit.  I wouldn’t know myself, someone told me though, an old deer I know.