inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

1 minute ago, action said:

just because you're nervous doesn't mean you have anxiety problems. geeeeez

Okay.

It took a Neflix show for me to discover this 24 year old song and it's one of the most haunting songs I have heard in years, beautiful lyrics too,

Edited by EvanG
  • GNFNR 1

TV shows did a lot for inclusion and acceptance with the minority groups.  The home remodeling shows feature a lot of gay couples.  Last night I'm watching one and they had a triouple, something like that.  One guy and two women.  I didn't think the next sexual revolution would come from home remodeling shows but maybe it is. :lol:

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not missing much. Gladiator is a Spartacus-rip; it is entertaining I suppose - I love the score. Walk the Line reinforces my belief that music biopics always are ''tv movie-esque''. I do not know why they turn out that way as some of them have big budgets, Bohemian Rhapsody, etc., but they always have a tv move feel. I think our opinions align on the subject of music biopics - we have had this discussion before? I remember Kurt Russel hamming it up in an Elvis one?

Yeah, the Elvis movie Kurt Russell was in actually was a TV movie. From what I remember it was pretty good.

4 hours ago, cineater said:

TV shows did a lot for inclusion and acceptance with the minority groups.  The home remodeling shows feature a lot of gay couples.  Last night I'm watching one and they had a triouple, something like that.  One guy and two women.  I didn't think the next sexual revolution would come from home remodeling shows but maybe it is. :lol:

I'm sorry but with a triple-income household, nobody needs a TV show to repaint their living room. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Walk the Line I ain't seen at all.

See it, it's alright. Then watch Walk Hard-The Dewey Cox Story image.png.5eec047f754170d16f7d5f91e9f3017b.png 

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

See it, it's alright. Then watch Walk Hard-The Dewey Cox Story image.png.5eec047f754170d16f7d5f91e9f3017b.png 

Dewey Cox, sounds a poem written by a gay serial killer about the naked bodies he has deposited in the woods, imagine going to school with a name like Dewey Cox.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

UMD's now there is a blast from the past

Another failed Sony format.

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Sounds like Man About the House...and that was the mid 70s :lol:

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Dewey Cox, sounds a poem written by a gay serial killer about the naked bodies he has deposited in the woods, imagine going to school with a name like Dewey Cox.

It's a piss take film, like Airplane :lol:

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I knew a kid years ago called Drew Peacock. :lol: 

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Wash your mouth out! It’s really not like Airplane. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I knew a kid years ago called Drew Peacock. :lol: 

I knew a Laycock once.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I knew a Laycock once.

I had a friend who's surname was Meacock. He also happened to be a raving homosexual. 

Couldn't find the love/sex/relationship thread, but apparently Kerrang! is still going and has a few words about how we're better than everyone else. https://www.kerrang.com/features/why-you-should-marry-a-metalhead/

• Haha 1

"Cox Sausages. It doesn't say 'Cox" unless I say it tastes like Cox." :lol:

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

UMD's now there is a blast from the past

Another failed Sony format.

I thought the PSP was pretty cool honestly.

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

when can we land?

i can't say

can't you take a guess?

well not for another 2 hours

you can't take a guess for another 2 hours?

---

I don't know how the actors kept a straight face :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I had a friend who's surname was Meacock. He also happened to be a raving homosexual. 

Couldn't find the love/sex/relationship thread, but apparently Kerrang! is still going and has a few words about how we're better than everyone else. https://www.kerrang.com/features/why-you-should-marry-a-metalhead/

What'cha mean we, I ain't a fuckin' greasy metaller :lol:  In fact Metal is probably the only genre I actively dislike, I can find something I like in most everything else.  

Edited by Len Cnut

Ain't no slags like Redcar slags! :lol: Home sweet home! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

On 2/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, EvanG said:

It took a Neflix show for me to discover this 24 year old song and it's one of the most haunting songs I have heard in years, beautiful lyrics too,

This song definitely grew on me as I listened.  Very cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its amazing the variety of cocks out there!

First post i saw when i opened the thread just now

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Is that a Gervais style mockumentary or genuinely real?

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

I actually watched all of that. Reminded me of the town where I came from, and how it was going out back then. Got a bit wistful, to be honest. When is this from?

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I actually watched all of that. Reminded me of the town where I came from, and how it was going out back then. Got a bit wistful, to be honest. When is this from?

The title card at the end of the show says 2004 which to be honest would mean I was probably out somewhere that night. :lol: 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is that a Gervais style mockumentary or genuinely real?

Don’t tell me you’ve not seen comparable antics on your nights out in the Toon? 

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The title card at the end of the show says 2004 which to be honest would mean I was probably out somewhere that night. :lol: 

:lol: It looks like a small town, I reckon you knew some of the people involved? 

I liked the lady selling munchies.