inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

:lol: It looks like a small town, I reckon you knew some of the people involved? 

I liked the lady selling munchies. 

I’ve probably shagged some of the people involved. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’ve probably shagged some of the people involved. :lol: 

Yes, I assumed as much. If I am back in my hometown with my wife, going out for a beer at the local pub, I always dread a blast from the past coming up to reconnect.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Don’t tell me you’ve not seen comparable antics on your nights out in the Toon?

The voice over and the bit where one of them drinks pints of wine because it is less fattening, but what he doesn't know is it will give him manboobs - that  whole bit seemed to put it in the realms of fiction.

Redcar looks like a reasonably lively town. Newcastle is a big city.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The voice over and the bit where one of them drinks pints of wine because it is less fattening, but what he doesn't know is it will give him manboobs - that  whole bit seemed to put it in the realms of fiction.

Redcar looks like a reasonably lively town. Newcastle is a big city.

Just realised it's Les Dennis narrating. I've been to that munchies van more times than I can remember and at 21:31 you can see a tanning shop across the road with a blue sign. My mate Luke and I once spit roasted a goth lass in the flat above. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Just realised it's Les Dennis narrating. I've been to that munchies van more times than I can remember and at 21:31 you can see a tanning shop across the road with a blue sign. My mate Luke and I once spit roasted a goth lass in the flat above. :lol: 

I can usually understand the brit speak on here but that last sentence has me a bit confused.😄  spit roasted?

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I can usually understand the brit speak on here but that last sentence has me a bit confused.😄  spit roasted?

Verb: to spit roast. A sexual activity involving 3 people, two active males and one passive (male or female). Man 1 penetrates person 2 from the rear (anal or vaginal) while he/she sucks the penis of person 3.
Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:
Verb: to spit roast. A sexual activity involving 3 people, two active males and one passive (male or female). Man 1 penetrates person 2 from the rear (anal or vaginal) while he/she sucks the penis of person 3.

Ah, so it's not just a British term. Sounds like I need to brush up on my carnal slang.😄

HAHA!! Lord love a duck! The headline is 'sweaty bum' and the body of the article is Soul talking :lol::lol::rofl-lol:

I wonder what makes Bret draw that connection? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

HAHA!! Lord love a duck! The headline is 'sweaty bum' and the body of the article is Soul talking :lol::lol::rofl-lol:

I wonder what makes Bret draw that connection? :lol:

Oh man, I keep clicking on that site accidentally but they are the most ridiculous articles I have ever read. They make no sense and are purely created for clickbait, especially those headlines.

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh man, I keep clicking on that site accidentally but they are the most ridiculous articles I have ever read. They make no sense and are purely created for clickbait, especially those headlines.

They really dont make any sense! Especially if you try and make sense of them through the headline. Id heard peoples complaints before about AN but never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that these random, bizarre, world clouds are paying the bills over there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

They really dont make any sense! Especially if you try and make sense of them through the headline. Id heard peoples complaints before about AN but never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that these random, bizarre, world clouds are paying the bills over there.

That Brett guy often takes something out of an interview or article from years ago and then tries to sell it as shocking news, and the headlines are usually ''admits terrible secret'', ''heartbreaking'', ''bold truth'' or ''heroin confession'', basically anything that can be considered sensational. Problem is that those links pop up in my google search.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That Brett guy often takes something out of an interview or article from years ago and then tries to sell it as shocking news, and the headlines are usually ''admits terrible secret'', ''heartbreaking'', ''bold truth'' or ''heroin confession'', basically anything that can be considered sensational. Problem is that those links pop up in my google search.

Shameless. Still, it seems the articles could at least make sense :lol:

I had the same issue with an outlet I dont like always popping up in searches and having a headline that grabbed my attention. I'd always click before I realized who it was. And that was enough to keep them in my algorithms. So frustrating!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

She was a Cradle to your Filth?

• Haha 2

So what are the beautiful people of mygnrforum up to tonight, then? Just watched Happy Potter IV with my family.

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So what are the beautiful people of mygnrforum up to tonight, then? Just watched Happy Potter IV with my family.

Such a Euro-centric question, geez. :P Im currently eating lunch. But tonight I will be politically engaged. Then, either out for the after party or home for Clone Wars.

Are you following our two nations competition for a UN security council seat? 

One of my favourite author/thinker's just followed socials for a project that I launched. Im too shocked to be elated.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, soon said:

One of my favourite author/thinker's just followed socials for a project that I launched. Im too shocked to be elated.  

Cool man, what kind of project?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Just recorded episode 5 of my podcast. Now hanging out with my son while he plays WWE 2k19. Heading out to karaoke later with some friends. In short, a solid Saturday. 

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Alt Nation is the very definition of click bait. They get so much mileage out of the tricks you mention. They, along with tons of other click bait sites loooooove to use the word "reveal" too. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Such a Euro-centric question, geez. :P Im currently eating lunch. But tonight I will be politically engaged. Then, either out for the after party or home for Clone Wars.

Are you following our two nations competition for a UN security council seat? 

Yeah, duh, I wasn't talking to you, okay? 

:lol:

You are politically engaged? 

Nope...we are? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Cool man, what kind of project?

Yeah, Im tickled! Just a heads up that I think its entirely fair if my explanation for the project bores one to death. Or if it sounds kinda 'woo woo.' lol

Its a social-movement incubator of sorts, if that makes sense. I learned the term 'incubator' from watching the tv show Shark Tank, lol. Sometimes people will use the term "incubator" to describe like supports and mentoring for launching small business or developing tech, right? Basically its just educational tools and networks. We try to help people share their wisdom by way of sharing their culture, so its not all just stuffy theory. 

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, Im tickled! Just a heads up that I think its entirely fair if my explanation for the project bores one to death. Or if it sounds kinda 'woo woo.' lol

Its a social-movement incubator of sorts, if that makes sense. I learned the term 'incubator' from watching the tv show Shark Tank, lol. Sometimes people will use the term "incubator" to describe like supports and mentoring for launching small business or developing tech, right? Basically its just educational tools and networks. We try to help people share their wisdom by way of sharing their culture, so its not all just stuffy theory. 

Gotcha, very cool. 

• Thanks 1