Jump to content
inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Lio said:

As far as I read, he's been called extreme right wing. There's a clear distinction with right wing, I think. If I hear extreme right wing, I think racism. I don't think racism when I think of right wingers.

today's newspaper, on the frontpage, refers to the shooter as "right terrorist", not "extreme right terrorist".

https://www.hln.be/de-krant

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, action said:

today's newspaper, on the frontpage, refers to the shooter as "right terrorist", not "extreme right terrorist".

https://www.hln.be/de-krant

You shouldn't read that crap paper :P If it were mine, I'd send them an e-mail correcting them, because that's obviously not right.

I just checked my paper. They use the words extreme right sympathies, xenophobe and racist, which all seem to be correct.

Apparently he also complains about not having found love in his manifesto. Sad little man projecting his frustrations on people with a different background.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I wanted to post a LIVE performance but can't due to those losers.

This man is a genius.

He’s in one of my favourite movies, Mystery Train.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lio said:

You shouldn't read that crap paper :P If it were mine, I'd send them an e-mail correcting them, because that's obviously not right.

I just checked my paper. They use the words extreme right sympathies, xenophobe and racist, which all seem to be correct.

Apparently he also complains about not having found love in his manifesto. Sad little man projecting his frustrations on people with a different background.

ok. I'm not interested in his manifesto. it's the writings of a madman. Racism / xenophoby.... it's all not of my interests. I do have conservative views, which I detailed earlier, and for which I should not excuse myself. But, since the media reports this killer as "right", I feel obliged to speak on the behalf of all conservative people, and call out these mood-making sensationalists reports. I suddenly find myself, as a right wing / conservative, in the positing where people are looking at, as if we're all potential murderers or something. It's sensationalist reporting like this, that feeds this kind of prejudice and stigmatisation. In the light of freedom of speech, I find this a very worrying evolution.

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

He’s in one of my favourite movies, Mystery Train.

Discovered him recently, I love him as an artist such incredible fucking soul and funky swagger. James Brown and Prince class. Pretty fucked up disgraceful person though, as a father at least.

'Mystery Train' does look great bro it's on my radar. Watch his Arsenio Hall performance of I Put A Spell On You. He's 60 there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Discovered him recently, I love him as an artist such incredible fucking soul and funky swagger. James Brown and Prince class. Pretty fucked up disgraceful person though, as a father at least.

'Mystery Train' does look great bro it's on my radar. Watch his Arsenio Hall performance of I Put A Spell On You. He's 60 there.

I’m very aware of Screamin’ Jay musically too, I think he’s a cool guy.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, action said:

ok. I'm not interested in his manifesto. it's the writings of a madman. Racism / xenophoby.... it's all not of my interests. I do have conservative views, which I detailed earlier, and for which I should not excuse myself. But, since the media reports this killer as "right", I feel obliged to speak on the behalf of all conservative people, and call out these mood-making sensationalists reports. I suddenly find myself, as a right wing / conservative, in the positing where people are looking at, as if we're all potential murderers or something. It's sensationalist reporting like this, that feeds this kind of prejudice and stigmatisation. In the light of freedom of speech, I find this a very worrying evolution.

Because of your bizarre ramblings I actually paid attention to it in every article and news headline I read yesterday, I also watched several news items on it. All of them used the word ''extreme''. I don't know how Belgian media operates, but from what I can tell you are talking out of your ass again. Cheerio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Because of your bizarre ramblings I actually paid attention to it in every article and news headline I read yesterday, I also watched several news items on it. All of them used the word ''extreme''. I don't know how Belgian media operates, but from what I can tell you are talking out of your ass again. Cheerio.

I posted a link to today's frontpage of one of belgium's largest newspaper, and it clearly doesn't mention the word "extreme". 

are you deliberately being obnoxious? I'm starting to worry about your mental wellbeing now. You see, even with my conservatist mindset, It's still in my nature to care about the weaker people in our society, those who need help the most. There are many people out there, that can help you. please seek help! 

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, action said:

I posted a link to today's frontpage of one of belgium's largest newspaper, and it clearly doesn't mention the word "extreme". 

I don't know if the article also omits those words because I have to pay to read it, I can only read the headline.

Nevertheless, even if you search for it and find a couple of articles that omit that word because of lazy journalism, why do you make such a fuss about it? Anyone with half a brain will know the difference between right-wing and extreme right or far-right. Why do you care if a few ignorant people will get the wrong idea? Those are the kind of people who won't know the difference anyway.

Aren't you, like, 40 years old or something? Go worry about something that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know if the article also omits those words because I have to pay to read it, I can only read the headline.

Nevertheless, even if you search for it and find a couple of articles that omit that word because of lazy journalism, why do you make such a fuss about it? Anyone with half a brain will know the difference between right-wing and extreme right or far-right. Why do you care if a few ignorant people will get the wrong idea? Those are the kind of people who won't know the difference anyway.

Aren't you, like, 40 years old or something? Go worry about something that matters.

I think you overestimate the ability of the general public to read a headline like "right terrorist shoots people" and conclude that it was not a right, but extreme right terrorist. there is more of a chance that people will increasingly associate racism with right politics now, if anything.

come to think of it, I think you overestimate your own abilities too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, action said:

I think you overestimate the ability of the general public to read a headline like "right terrorist shoots people" and conclude that it was not a right, but extreme right terrorist. there is more of a chance that people will increasingly associate racism with right politics now, if anything.

I do think most people are smart enough to know the difference because you have to be really stupid not to. Granted, there are many stupid people out there, but like I said, I think those people won't know the difference between ''right'' and ''far-right'' anyway.

But I'm guessing you would rather have the word ''right'' omitted completely because of how it affects you as a conservative, instead of being upset about what is actually going on.

Edited by EvanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Politics and political discourse is a really good barometer of the general arrogance of the populace.  It seems that its almost impossible to have a reasoned sensible discourse about this shit.  Fuck me, even politicians can't do it and they're paid to!  It kinda leaves you wondering why and I think its because there's a little bit of the fascist in all of us.  'I'm right, you're wrong!'  Its a really interesting window into human behaviour, you see all sorts, the angry zealot, the 'I'm-barely-containing-my-contempt-here' guy, the know all, the facts over heart guy and the heart over facts guy.  As someone thoroughly disinterested in politics but extremely interested in people and their behaviour its enlightening.  I think, if Freud was right and the sexual self is indeed the essential self I think its worth considering whether the politicized self isn't far behind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are correct and some people are wrong. Thats reality. We live in an age of militant anti-intellectualism where that reality offends the sensibilities of the masses. A race to the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvanG said:

But I'm guessing you would rather have the word ''right'' omitted completely because of how it affects you as a conservative, instead of being upset about what is actually going on.

stop guessing, it's not good for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, action said:

stop guessing, it's not good for you

I'm wrong, though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvanG said:

I'm wrong, though?

I don't care, just stop putting words in my mouth, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, action said:

I don't care, just stop putting words in my mouth, thanks

To be fair, on the previous page this is what you said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To be fair, on the previous page this is what you said.

I never said I wanted the word "right" removed completely. If it is used with the "extreme" prefix, I don't feel adressed so I don't have a problem. When they only use the word "right", like in casu, then of course I feel affected because that's what I am.

this is a very simple issue, and you don't seem to understand this at all, deliberately or otherwise. 

You chose to act like a douche, again, because I raised a legitimate issue, which is backed today on the front page of a large belgian newspaper, and still it's not good enough for you. Again and again, you try to find issue with everything I post. Why that is, is a mystery to me. 

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, action said:

I never said I wanted the word "right" removed completely. If it is used with the "extreme" prefix, I don't feel adressed so I don't have a problem. When they only use the word "right", like in casu, then of course I feel affected because that's what I am.

this is a very simple issue, and you don't seem to understand this at all, deliberately or otherwise. 

You chose to act like a douche, again, because I raised a legitimate issue, which is backed today on the front page of a large belgian newspaper, and still it's not good enough for you. Again and again, you try to find issue with everything I post. Why that is, is a mystery to me. 

You should be more respectful to Evan he's a good guy.

Continuing from what Leonard was saying the problem with politics is people play the dangerous game of thinking an idea is them. They then shut down because critical thinking becomes a threat to their being. It's the same thing with religion.

 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, action said:

I never said I wanted the word "right" removed completely. If it is used with the "extreme" prefix, I don't feel adressed so I don't have a problem. When they only use the word "right", like in casu, then of course I feel affected because that's what I am.

this is a very simple issue, and you don't seem to understand this at all, deliberately or otherwise. 

You chose to act like a douche, again, because I raised a legitimate issue, which is backed today on the front page of a large belgian newspaper, and still it's not good enough for you. Again and again, you try to find issue with everything I post. Why that is, is a mystery to me. 

I already explained this two times; you talk a lot of nonsense. I actually decided to stop doing it altogether because you keep doing it anyway and you don't seem to understand it. But this time you posted an article in a language only a few on here are able to read, and then of course you started talking nonsense about it again, therefore I reacted.

It's also not a ''legitimate issue'' at all because so far I have only seen one headline like that. Of course, I don't live in Belgium, maybe in your country the media really is stigmatizing and everything else you claim. If it's really that bad over there, why don't you consider moving? ''Middle America'' might be the perfect place for you.

 

Quote

I never said I wanted the word "right" removed completely.

But you expressed your concern that on a day like today you can't express right-wing ideologies anymore without fear of people thinking you're some extreme right-wing nutter, and that is what I was referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You should be more respectful to Evan he's a good guy.

 

 

I'm as respectful to him as he is to me. 

 

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I already explained this two times; you talk a lot of nonsense. I actually decided to stop doing it altogether because you keep doing it anyway and you don't seem to understand it. But this time you posted an article in a language only a few on here are able to read, and then of course you started talking nonsense about it again, therefore I reacted.

It's also not a ''legitimate issue'' at all because so far I have only seen one headline like that. Of course, I don't live in Belgium, maybe in your country the media really is stigmatizing and everything else you claim. If it's really that bad over there, why don't you consider moving? ''Middle America'' might be the perfect place for you.

 

But you expressed your concern that on a day like today you can't express right-wing ideologies anymore without fear of people thinking you're some extreme right-wing nutter, and that is what I was referring to.

you're acting like a douche, and it's certainly not the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, action said:

I'm as respectful to him as he is to me. 

 

Now go get your fuckin' shinebox! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, action said:

you're acting like a douche, and it's certainly not the first time. 

I think we should meet up by the border and duke it out, that's the only way to settle this.

Are you free this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×