inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

All I know is his daughter got robbed of £50 million worth of jewelry recently.

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

She is an brazilian woman of 44 years old.

She doesn't manage Guns N' Roses, does she?

• Haha 3

Just now, Dazey said:

And he’s a multi-billionaire of 89 years old. 

Apparently he now live in Brazil, but it news is incredible.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

She doesn't manage Guns N' Roses, does she?

Beta....:lol:

Finally Walmart had toilet paper, paper towels and some small bottles of sanitizer. You could only buy two but that's okey.

My dad goes early in the morning and not too many shoppers are out. The larger Walmart had a policeman standing outside the store entrance. You can only go in and out the same doors and there are signs everywhere to stand 6 feet apart. Also they have overturned carts blocking the entrance so if there are more than ten people, they have to stand 6 feet apart in a line to get in the store.

I'm so glad they are trying to keep things safe for us. 

I hope it's like this where you guys live too.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

All I know is his daughter got robbed of £50 million worth of jewelry recently.

Well, that sucks. Crime is down, but I guess not all crime. Hope she wasn't hurt

Geez, I only have two topics in my life right now, gardening and the virus.  I couldn't even think of any general chat that doesn't include one of those! :lol:

• Haha 1

another bridge has collapsed in italy, in Aulla.

thanks to the lockdown, there was no traffic at the moment. Only two people were on the bridge as it collapsed.

Government-appointed "experts" had only recently assured that the stability of the bridge was safe.

If experts preach the truth, that should be your cue to be on your guard

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, action said:

another bridge has collapsed in italy, in Aulla.

thanks to the lockdown, there was no traffic at the moment. Only two people were on the bridge as it collapsed.

Government-appointed "experts" had only recently assured that the stability of the bridge was safe.

If experts preach the truth, that should be your cue to be on your guard

"Experts" are just people who know a lot more on a subject than the average man. They are not infallible, they just tend to be more right than the rest of us. It's all pretty logical. 

Experts invented, designed, manufactured and assembled all the thousands of individual components that make up the device you used to share the brainfart that one shouldn't trust experts. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

"Experts" are just people who know a lot more on a subject than the average man. They are not infallible, they just tend to be more right than the rest of us. It's all pretty logical. 

Experts invented, designed, manufactured and assembled all the thousands of individual components that make up the device you used to share the brainfart that one shouldn't trust experts. 

in this case, if experts couldn't make an accurate assertion on the stability of this bridge, and in stead of "no" they said "yes", one might question: what is the value of experts, at all?

their advice, wasn't worth the paper it was written on. A lunatic would have come to the same conclusion as the "experts" did

1 minute ago, action said:

in this case, if experts couldn't make an accurate assertion on the stability of this bridge, and in stead of "no" they said "yes", one might question: what is the value of experts, at all?

their advice, wasn't worth the paper it was written on. A lunatic would have come to the same conclusion as the "experts" did

Again - and I say this without knowing anything about this bridge and generally being wary about trusting anything you claim - experts make occasional mistakes. Being an expert does not make you inhuman. Your conclusion that experts aren't experts, is a mental dud. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again - and I say this without knowing anything about this bridge and generally being wary about trusting anything you claim - experts make occasional mistakes. Being an expert does not make you inhuman. Your conclusion that experts aren't experts, is a mental dud. 

or could it be, the experts merely repeated what the government told them to?

as is the case, in pretty much every instance an "official" expert makes a claim?

"whose bread one eats, whose word one speaks"

Edited by action

7 minutes ago, action said:

Maybe you can save money at your next colonoscopy and call a plumber rather than a doctor then? :lol:  

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, action said:

or could it be, the experts merely repeated what the government told them to?

as is the case, in pretty much every instance an "official" expert makes a claim?

No, I don't think that is the case at all. Sure there are cases where governments would pick experts whose opinions aligned with theirs, but for most parts I think governments aren't that corrupt. But I don't share your conspiratorial genes. 

On 3/30/2020 at 5:41 AM, Oldest Goat said:

That's still one of the most bad ass things I've ever seen someone do with a guitar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

The thing is... you can yell and complain and all, especially while drunk... and being from all around the fucking world... but then! you got THIS:

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's still one of the most bad ass things I've ever seen someone do with a guitar. 

I'm a big Beatles fan and so a bit picky when they're covered but Prince crushes it. Like "yeah...okay..." *steps aside and bows down*

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If I toast this, will I get a picture of Sid Vicious instead of Jesus? 

IMG_20200409_110059_535.jpg

Edited by Gracii Guns
  • Haha 2

I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun's calling my name. I just can't stay inside all day, I gotta get out, get me some of those rays. Everybody's smiling, sunshine day. Everybody's laughing, sunshine day. Everybody seems so happy today, it's a sunshine day.

• GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun's calling my name. I just can't stay inside all day, I gotta get out, get me some of those rays. Everybody's smiling, sunshine day. Everybody's laughing, sunshine day. Everybody seems so happy today, it's a sunshine day.

Yeah, who took our Evan away?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, SoulMonster said:

Has it? Maybe they realised it was terrible? 

We have it here, btw: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4591-2000-05-11-rolling-stone-axl-rose-the-lost-years

Oh god thats the one where he talks about that weird new age healer and glass ornament. Yeah its best they delete that one :lol:

Edit: Oh god now im seeing why this may have got deleted - fucking yikes.

Edited by -W.A.R-

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, who took our Evan away?

This has been bugging me for years, but do you happen to know how the A-Team managed to drive across the country in a very recognizable van without hardly ever getting caught by the military? It just don't make sense.

Today, April 9th 2020, is the 103rd anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge. 

220px-Vimy_as_seen_from_Vimy_Ridge_1917-

Vimy as seen from Vimy Ridge May 1917

"By nightfall on 12 April 1917, the Canadian Corps was in firm control of the ridge. The corps suffered 10,602 casualties: 3,598 killed and 7,004 wounded. The German 6th Army suffered an unknown number of casualties with approximately 4,000 men becoming prisoners of war."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge

War is fucking ridiculous. :cry: The best way to honour these soldiers is to work to make sure war doesnt happen anymore. rock3

Yes, in the words of Bertrand Russell:

Wars do not determine who is right, only who is left. 

• Like 1

On May 5th it's going to be 75 years since we were liberated and got rid of those cheeky Germans with their shenanigans. They stole my grandpa's bike!

• Like 1