inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know any celebrities but among those I know who have made it in other ways, whether that is in business or academia, I disagree that they tend to be more ruthless and more of a cunt than other people. I don't disagree with the principle that being a cutthroat with little regard for your fellow man may be a benefit to advancement in some jobs or occupations, but in my experience it seems that the opposite, being generous, open and welcoming, can also help propel oneself further. And what has struck me as I have met people who have been successful in various ways is that they tend to be more alright and kind than what I would expect from the stereotype you are describing and which I held before, too. Of course, perspective is everything; someone might come across quite different if you are a fan bugging for attention and an autograph or if you are a fellow musician, or if you are someone begging for investment money or if you are a business associate. 

There's degrees of this stuff obviously, I'm not suggesting they are all subject to acute meglomania, there is just, often, a set of circumstances or instances where they (and I'm not saying wrongly) went for self interest.  They say you don't really know a man until you have dealings with them where its a case of your benefit vs theirs.  I'm not saying they are not capable of being perfectly nice people socially, or even in business...but you still have to have that edge.  Perhaps 'have to' is an overstatement but they quite often tend to.

16 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Maybe she is nice though and it's all the ex employees who are arseholes we just don't know. Maybe we'll never know. Maybe we will go to our graves and never know the truth about Ellen and whether she's a cunt or not. Imagine that. 

translation: who gives a fuck? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

translation: who gives a fuck? :lol:

this time i'm not complaining, this time I'm happy. It's good to "give a fuck" about things that make you happy. it gives you positive energy. In fact, I should probably do this more.

1 minute ago, action said:

this time i'm not complaining, this time I'm happy. It's good to "give a fuck" about things that make you happy. it gives you positive energy. In fact, I should probably do this more.

'positive energy', ya fuckin' mung bean eating celestial new millenium psuedo hindu hippie, don't gimme all that new age bollocks :lol: 

• Haha 1

She’s friends with Dubya. That’s Bush Jr.

A gay icon is friends with a neocon.

Hes also a war criminal.

But sure, let’s discuss how she’s unsurprisingly mean. 

16 minutes ago, soon said:

She’s friends with Dubya. That’s Bush Jr.

Bush Jr. sounds like something you'd expect to find on Gary Glitter's hard drive. :lol: 

• Haha 2

She looks like Alan Partridges angry face on the second one :lol:  You're really hung up on this old bag, aren't you? :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

She looks like Alan Partridges angry face on the second one :lol:  You're really hung up on this old bag, aren't you? :lol:

oh, let me have my fun with the Queen of Mean, Lenny boy :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Bush Jr. sounds like something you'd expect to find on Gary Glitter's hard drive. :lol: 

I still can't believe the cunt took it into PC World :lol:  I mean for fuckssake Gaz, use your fuckin' loaf :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

For a while I thought that Gary Glitter played guitar on OMG. Turns out that was Gary Sunshine. I guess sometimes men named Gary have fabulous last names. :shrugs::lol:

I recently had a swatch through my posting history on this here forum. It was a bit of a trip, like watching yourself grow up :lol: . I used to post some amount of absolute shite on here (maybe I'm not much better these days). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I recently had a swatch through my posting history on this here forum. It was a bit of a trip, like watching yourself grow up :lol: . I used to post some amount of absolute shite on here (maybe I'm not much better these days). 

Yeah, I had a look at my history a little earlier too. :lol: 

KJvg09M.jpg 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

KJvg09M.jpg 

Hahahahaha, no way, pal :lol: . You know I've never even had a single warning point? Don't know how I've avoided that to be honest because I definitely wasn't shy in telling some posters to fuck off back in the day, as my read through my old screeds showed me. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Hahahahaha, no way, pal :lol: . You know I've never even had a single warning point? Don't know how I've avoided that to be honest because I definitely wasn't shy in telling some posters to fuck off back in the day, as my read through my old screeds showed me. 

I'm pretty sure there's a fair few missing from the list as well. I remember one suspension very well for calling MSL a jumped up, sanctimonious tub of guts. :lol: 

I also got banned one time by Zint and came back with an account called DefinitelynotDazey which surprisingly didn't get banned for a few days. :lol: 

As you can see though I'm a changed man since 2013 apparently.

Edited by Dazey

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'm pretty sure there's a fair few missing from the list as well. I remember one suspension very well for calling MSL a jumped up, sanctimonious tub of guts. :lol: 

I also got banned one time by Zint and came back with an account called DefinitelynotDazey which surprisingly didn't get banned for a few days. :lol: 

As you can see though I'm a changed man since 2013 apparently.

Hahaha, you settled down, got married, became a dad and lost your edginess :P .

Recurring themes I have noticed in my old posts are telling people who wanted a GN'R reunion they were wrong, left-wing politics, hating Alien 3 and don't even get me started on the love/sex/relationship thread. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

KJvg09M.jpg 

you fat cunt :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, action said:

imagine if someone talked about epstein / weinstein / prince andrew like this. imagine of people gave mel gibson the benefit of the doubt. or michael jackson / kevin spacey etc. the list is endless. So imagine that.

people are allowed to criticise those people. some are proven guilty, others arent. so I sure as hell am allowed to criticise this woman,and I reserve the right to do so in a society that is basically build around canceling people and putting them down. Now that it's one of "the good guys", suddenly I should keep my mouth shut!

her message was "be nice to each other", and she has gone above and beyond to violate her own principles. she's a hypocrite, nothing more nothing less. she needs to be named, and shamed. because that's the way it goes.

I only have a vague idea of who she is I was only joking. Everything I post is just joking actually. I had a stern email from a moderator the other day so I'm on my best behaviour. Shook me up a bit actually. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

The trick is to get personal Gra. Find there weak spot.

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I only have a vague idea of who she is I was only joking. Everything I post is just joking actually. I had a stern email from a moderator the other day so I'm on my best behaviour. Shook me up a bit actually. 

yeah, you're on parole, bozo. they've got you by the balls. so be good, and bring me a cup of coffee, black, no sugar. there's a good citizen

22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Hahaha, Pappy was always a master of that tactic.

35 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

"Their" weak spot you thick cunt! :lol: 

• Haha 2

I saw some of Biden's speech today. He is looking forward to debating Trump.

OMG! I will definitely dvr this debate so I can replay all the crazy talk over and over again.

Biden said some good stuff, but he seems to lose his train of thought alot. It scares me.

Anyway, he said he doesn't want to get tested because someone else can get the test instead of him. Okay.

He did make more sense about Russia and what he would do about the virus than Trump is doing. I do hope he picks a good running mate.

I want a big change in America. I'm so sick of the horror and hate being spread around.

We need a leader for all our people. Not sure if it's Biden, but Trump just makes things worse everytime he opens his mouth.

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

These days you bianually emerge from your Mexican volcano to look down on us (literally) then return to your tacos and lava. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

These days you bianually emerge from your Mexican volcano to look down on us (literally) then return to your tacos and lava. 

I'm here everyday :lol:.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Peering out of his volcano like some sort of aincent Aztec God in a tartan skirt.