The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Like a sophisticated Euro - curb that British urge to bladderation.

Yeah no that’s never going to happen. There’s something in my Viking dna commanding me to drink like it’s the last season of Game of Thrones. Meade, Wine, Women (well, finish the Bioshock trilogy, let’s be realistic) 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

He will only have the one glass of red, to save room for the 5 beers and a double gin.

Almost. I had two 7% beers then the planned glass of red. But I drank the whole bottle. Because my glass was so big. I’ve got two bottles left. I’m not going to open them until Sunday.

Yellow tail Australian Wine it’s pretty downable. I’m no connoisseur but I will certainly drink it. 

Back on the Suntory. 

Edited by wasted

6 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Yes, burgers and pizza are American and Italian. The English make it their own by making them poorly.

I would no more enter an English pub (Sosso described an ''English pub'') if I wanted pizza, than I'd go to (say?) an Italian restaurant desiring sushi, bratwurst or paella! If you are ordering pizza in English pubs you probably won't find it served as it isn't an English dish! And if you do so happen to find pizza served in an English pub, you rather deserve immense culinary disappointment I'm afraid! ''English pub food'': steak and kidney pie, fish and chips, steak, scampi, surf n' turf, etc. - a decent burger can usually be found though.

Great pizza can certainly be found in England but not in any English places. Try Italian (owned/ran) restaurants next time. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would no more enter an English pub (Sosso described an ''English pub'') if I wanted pizza, than I'd go to (say?) an Italian restaurant desiring sushi, bratwurst or paella! If you are ordering pizza in English pubs you probably won't find it served as it isn't an English dish! And if you do so happen to find pizza served in an English pub, you rather deserve immense culinary disappointment I'm afraid! ''English pub food'': steak and kidney pie, fish and chips, steak, scampi, surf n' turf, etc. - a decent burger can usually be found though.

Great pizza can certainly be found in England but not in any English places. Try Italian (owned/ran) restaurants next time. 

Spoons do pizza now I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

An Americanized corporate monopoly on salmonella. 

It’s not great but you sort of know what you are getting. It’s kind of alright if you are waiting for a train. 

I went to one WS that was in a converted bank building. They had a lot of beers on tap, pretty cheap. Sports on tv. Food I say chips were probably alright. I had a chicken burger and Guinness once. Alright for a few pints in the day. 

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s not great but you sort of know what you are getting. It’s kind of alright if you are waiting for a train. 

I went to one WS that was in a converted bank building. They had a lot of beers on tap, pretty cheap. Sports on tv. Food I say chips were probably alright. I had a chicken burger and Guinness once. Alright for a few pints in the day. 

They open at 8am aswell. I'd quite like to work night shifts, clock  off and stop off for a few pints on my way home first thing in the morning just as everyones doing their busy commute or the school run. It could be a Tuesday morning but it would be my Friday night. I'd get a few more beers from the shop around 10 am to drink at home watching the daytime soaps, order a takeaway at lunchtime and pass out. It would be lovely way to disengage with the world.

41 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

They open at 8am aswell. I'd quite like to work night shifts, clock  off and stop off for a few pints on my way home first thing in the morning just as everyones doing their busy commute or the school run. It could be a Tuesday morning but it would be my Friday night. I'd get a few more beers from the shop around 10 am to drink at home watching the daytime soaps, order a takeaway at lunchtime and pass out. It would be lovely way to disengage with the world.

It’s not bad having something like that. Cheap, almost always open, not too uptight. If you’re in a city on business and don’t know what to do, it’s pissing down and don’’t want to spend 59 quid on lunch. 

I know people specifically take a ferry to the city to go for lunch at WS every Saturday. I’ve realised people don’t want much. 

I remember living in a Harvester before a 4pm shift. Swing swifts! The jet lag of working to booze. 

8 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

There's a distinct trampiness about you sometimes, anyone ever tell you that? :lol:  The missus and the baby are the making of you otherwise a couple of wrong turns in your life and you woulda been quite happy with a bottle of white lightning and a dry doorway somewhere :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Thank GOD for England, imagine having to wait til you are 21 before you can go for a booze up.  Fuck me, I was in the pub at 14. 

Yanks have to be pensioners to drink, don't they, yet they are allowed to drive when they are about two years of age? This always amused me in films. They have this weird puritanical attitude to drink, underage drinking being this massive crime.  

(I'm partial to exaggeration of course haha).

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yanks have to be pensioners to drink, don't they, yet they are allowed to drive when they are about two years of age? This always amused me in films. They have this weird puritanical attitude to drink, underage drinking being this massive crime.  

(I'm partial to exaggeration of course haha).

Nah, a friend of mine told me similar.  Apparently boozing in the day is frowned upon in America.  Fuck knows what the truth is, its all second hand info to me. 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Nah, a friend of mine told me similar.  Apparently boozing in the day is frowned upon in America.  Fuck knows what the truth is, its all second hand info to me. 

Billy Bryson discusses American drinking in one of his books. He said when an American neighbour invites you for a drink he literally means a drink; you sit down and you'll have one bottle of Budweiser, then he'll say, ''well Bill, this has been great, we should do this again'', and you depart haha.

It is about the most un-British thing I know. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Billy Bryson discusses American drinking in one of his books. He said when an American neighbour invites you for a drink he literally means a drink; you sit down and you'll have one bottle of Budweiser, then he'll say, ''well Bill, this has been great, we should do this again'', and you depart haha.

It is about the most un-British thing I know. 

I despise bottled beer, it throws my calculations all off, I need to know what I'm drinking in pints.  Newcastle Brown, thats the only thing I'll take in a bottle.  They have these little dinky bottles too, you see Clint Eastwood drinking em in the monkey movies.