AxlisOld

The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

I've been getting into mixed drinks. Maybe it's where I live but restaurants can't seem to mix shit. 

I want a whiskey drink and all places have are lame vodka, fruit shit.

I can’t seem to control myself with a bottle of gin or whisky. I just make the drinks really strong, until I’m just downing it neat. 

Anyway 7% Wurenbacher. Let’s see what Dortmund can do. 

Solid, tastes pretty good for a 7% beer. I’ll have to go back to shop to pick up a crate. It’s christmas after all and the health exam found nothing wrong with me. The dicktubes can sucks Bon jovis dicks

There was this question. Do you drink? Yes. Then boxes with Beer, Wine, Spirits, Other. I checked all boxes. But still liver and kidney are fine. I thought I was dying but really it was food poisoning from those undefrosted baozis from C-Store. 

Edited by wasted

After two beers and a little vape, with 3rd beer in hand, I find my self complimenting my cat but with follow up questions. "You're a cutie. How did ya do it? Huh? How'd you get so cute?"

I didnt even realize I had this quaint ritual with the boss until my gf started emulating it and saying it to me in public. She copies me in her "southern pentecostal" voice when we're around people, like in line or waiting for a table. Even asking for strangers input on "how did he get so cute?" :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I've been getting into mixed drinks. Maybe it's where I live but restaurants can't seem to mix shit. 

I want a whiskey drink and all places have are lame vodka, fruit shit.

I live near a neighbourhood where all the restaurants serve fruity vodka drinks. Its called The Village. Look for a place with 'Bear" in the name, you might find some whiskey there.

3 bottles of red wine on offer. I’m going to try to have just one glass a night like a normal person. It should last til Sunday at least. 

4 hours ago, wasted said:

3 bottles of red wine on offer. I’m going to try to have just one glass a night like a normal person. It should last til Sunday at least. 

Like a sophisticated Euro - curb that British urge to bladderation.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah no that’s never going to happen. There’s something in my Viking dna commanding me to drink like it’s the last season of Game of Thrones. Meade, Wine, Women (well, finish the Bioshock trilogy, let’s be realistic) 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He will only have the one glass of red, to save room for the 5 beers and a double gin.

38 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

He will only have the one glass of red, to save room for the 5 beers and a double gin.

Almost. I had two 7% beers then the planned glass of red. But I drank the whole bottle. Because my glass was so big. I’ve got two bottles left. I’m not going to open them until Sunday.

Yellow tail Australian Wine it’s pretty downable. I’m no connoisseur but I will certainly drink it. 

Back on the Suntory. 

Edited by wasted

On 12/2/2018 at 3:14 AM, DieselDaisy said:

That isn't even English food! That is American, American and Italian respectively.

Yes, burgers and pizza are American and Italian. The English make it their own by making them poorly.

6 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Yes, burgers and pizza are American and Italian. The English make it their own by making them poorly.

I would no more enter an English pub (Sosso described an ''English pub'') if I wanted pizza, than I'd go to (say?) an Italian restaurant desiring sushi, bratwurst or paella! If you are ordering pizza in English pubs you probably won't find it served as it isn't an English dish! And if you do so happen to find pizza served in an English pub, you rather deserve immense culinary disappointment I'm afraid! ''English pub food'': steak and kidney pie, fish and chips, steak, scampi, surf n' turf, etc. - a decent burger can usually be found though.

Great pizza can certainly be found in England but not in any English places. Try Italian (owned/ran) restaurants next time. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would no more enter an English pub (Sosso described an ''English pub'') if I wanted pizza, than I'd go to (say?) an Italian restaurant desiring sushi, bratwurst or paella! If you are ordering pizza in English pubs you probably won't find it served as it isn't an English dish! And if you do so happen to find pizza served in an English pub, you rather deserve immense culinary disappointment I'm afraid! ''English pub food'': steak and kidney pie, fish and chips, steak, scampi, surf n' turf, etc. - a decent burger can usually be found though.

Great pizza can certainly be found in England but not in any English places. Try Italian (owned/ran) restaurants next time. 

Spoons do pizza now I think.

• Like 1

Some what English pub food. Had beer battered fish and horseradish-mayo/ketchup dip. With spinach and mushrooms.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, soon said:

Some what English pub food. Had beer battered fish and horseradish-mayo/ketchup dip. With spinach and mushrooms.

Sounds great! I would also recommend Shepherd's Pie. 

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Spoons do pizza now I think.

''Spoons Pizza'': ye olde England. 

Somebody once told me that all of the Spoons food arrives in boxes and is merely heated up! 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Wetherspoons is like the Starbucks of pubs. 

An Americanized corporate monopoly on salmonella. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

An Americanized corporate monopoly on salmonella. 

It’s not great but you sort of know what you are getting. It’s kind of alright if you are waiting for a train. 

I went to one WS that was in a converted bank building. They had a lot of beers on tap, pretty cheap. Sports on tv. Food I say chips were probably alright. I had a chicken burger and Guinness once. Alright for a few pints in the day. 

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s not great but you sort of know what you are getting. It’s kind of alright if you are waiting for a train. 

I went to one WS that was in a converted bank building. They had a lot of beers on tap, pretty cheap. Sports on tv. Food I say chips were probably alright. I had a chicken burger and Guinness once. Alright for a few pints in the day. 

They open at 8am aswell. I'd quite like to work night shifts, clock  off and stop off for a few pints on my way home first thing in the morning just as everyones doing their busy commute or the school run. It could be a Tuesday morning but it would be my Friday night. I'd get a few more beers from the shop around 10 am to drink at home watching the daytime soaps, order a takeaway at lunchtime and pass out. It would be lovely way to disengage with the world.

41 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

They open at 8am aswell. I'd quite like to work night shifts, clock  off and stop off for a few pints on my way home first thing in the morning just as everyones doing their busy commute or the school run. It could be a Tuesday morning but it would be my Friday night. I'd get a few more beers from the shop around 10 am to drink at home watching the daytime soaps, order a takeaway at lunchtime and pass out. It would be lovely way to disengage with the world.

It’s not bad having something like that. Cheap, almost always open, not too uptight. If you’re in a city on business and don’t know what to do, it’s pissing down and don’’t want to spend 59 quid on lunch. 

I know people specifically take a ferry to the city to go for lunch at WS every Saturday. I’ve realised people don’t want much. 

I remember living in a Harvester before a 4pm shift. Swing swifts! The jet lag of working to booze. 

Back on the litre cans of brown ale.  Freezing sleet. Some cheap bottle red usually used to clean windows.