The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

1 hour ago, soon said:

Happy New Beers! Taking into account that a great many wont be able to enjoy these incredible beers from my Province, I hope your celebrations will still be awesome and that the year to come is full of health and happiness!

Can you get Steamworks beer in Ontario? They're a brewery from Vancouver and they've become my favourite lately. Their Flagship IPA and Pale Ale are great, and their Black Angel IPA is pretty good too. (I don't generally like dark beers but theirs is one of the better Black IPA's I've had).

Also, happy new years!

aMJinvw.gif

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Can you get Steamworks beer in Ontario? They're a brewery from Vancouver and they've become my favourite lately. Their Flagship IPA and Pale Ale are great, and their Black Angel IPA is pretty good too. (I don't generally like dark beers but theirs is one of the better Black IPA's I've had).

Also, happy new years!

aMJinvw.gif

I havent seen Steamworks here, but I generally go to The Beer Store which has mostly Ontario breweries in the Craft section. I'll keep an eye out next time I go to the LCBO. I checked the Steamworks website and their bottles and design are cool. Nice roster of beers too! Im not typically a black IPA fan either, its pretty impressive that they can make that work.

Amazing emoji, lol. Happy New years! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Is it bad that I put a seatbelt over my 6-pack to keep it from falling off the seat on the way home from the store :lol:

No, you just either drive like a cripple or purchase extremely large cans :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a 3+ year old Wildflower Gruit home-brew. Its incredible!!! Way better then when it was fresh. Never had anything like it. Theres caramelized fresh apricot and peach on the nose. Then there is a perfect balance of oxidization and pink Trident gum. The pink gum is also the aftertaste along with a very classic sour puckering. 'Sour' enough that it drinks really slow.

It has a very lightly clouded amber glow, similar to buckwheat honey. But I used wheat malt. No lingering head, but its plenty effervescent.

Just realized that I am the only person who will ever taste this awesome beer. Feeling kinda cathartic

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Does anyone else find that Jack Daniels is a better cure for a cold than cold medicine is? I swear it just kills whatever virus's are in my system. :lol:

Haha, I didnt know it could do that! Its probably best to practice preventative medicine and drink it all cold season long :lol:

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, I didnt know it could do that! Its probably best to practice preventative medicine and drink it all cold season long :lol:

Apparently drinking whiskey also works for at least one of my friends... I don't get sick very often, but when I do, I'll start drinking JD on the 2nd or 3rd day and it really does speed up the recovery process. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently drinking whiskey also works for at least one of my friends... I don't get sick very often, but when I do, I'll start drinking JD on the 2nd or 3rd day and it really does speed up the recovery process. :lol:

And what day of recovery are we on? :lol: 

I think Ive heard CC and honey before, too. I have a vague recollection of it working for me. Makes sense that it could disinfect anywhere it touches viruses. I swear by sniffing tea tree oil at the first sign of a cold and its the same principal. And JD has a 'warming' effect on the body the same way that cold fighting foods like ginger, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, chicken soup and tea does. 

I could be having JD and chicken soup when Im sick but instead Im sniffing tea tree like a sucker! :lol:

And I guess hot sauce should help too

27 minutes ago, soon said:

And what day of recovery are we on? :lol: 

I think Ive heard CC and honey before, too. I have a vague recollection of it working for me. Makes sense that it could disinfect anywhere it touches viruses. I swear by sniffing tea tree oil at the first sign of a cold and its the same principal. And JD has a 'warming' effect on the body the same way that cold fighting foods like ginger, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, chicken soup and tea does. 

I could be having JD and chicken soup when Im sick but instead Im sniffing tea tree like a sucker! :lol:

And I guess hot sauce should help too

I caught a bug late last week... Friday evening and all of Saturday were awful, started sipping JD yesterday afternoon and by the time I went to bed I was feeling almost back to normal.

I guess hot sauce could probably help but it usually doesn't agree with me when I'm sick, it just makes my throat feel worse.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I caught a bug late last week... Friday evening and all of Saturday were awful, started sipping JD yesterday afternoon and by the time I went to bed I was feeling almost back to normal.

I guess hot sauce could probably help but it usually doesn't agree with me when I'm sick, it just makes my throat feel worse.

It does fuckin' work y'know, boozing.  Brandy works a treat.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Makes sense about the hot sauce. Glad youre on the mend. Dont forget to take your medicine though! :slash:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Dont forget to take your medicine though! :slash:

Fine, fine....

*pours another glass of whiskey*

I'm only drinking for my health! :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Except that the viruses are in your blood stream so anything that passes through your throat can at best just relieve symptoms.

But again, it works! Just keep on believing that it works! The stronger the better. And as others have pointed out, whisky and brandy are particularly effective. 

I assume the point of the hot sauce would just be to help clear the sinuses?

I've found that whiskey does help though... it's not actually a cold medicine but it speeds the process along. :shrugs:

• Haha 1