The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I’m on a week holiday because I didn’t take enough time off last year and had to take an extra week before the end of the month or lose it. Travelled up to visit the folks for a few days. Just had a couple of pints, downed a bottle of white wine in two and now on my second bottle of red in the space of a couple of hours. Think I might regret this in the morning. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

11 hours ago, Dazey said:

I’m on a week holiday because I didn’t take enough time off last year and had to take an extra week before the end of the month or lose it. Travelled up to visit the folks for a few days. Just had a couple of pints, downed a bottle of white wine in two and now on my second bottle of red in the space of a couple of hours. Think I might regret this in the morning. :lol: 

Is there anything more grating to a man grafting away to hear about some fuckin' lucky so and so sitting around his gaff like a fuckin' spare one boozing and banging out Monster Munch like a fat lazy minge :lol: #jealous #jammycunt

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah I dunno why but Wine always gives me a nasty fucking hangover I can sit and sink 8 pints of a night and apart from the beer shits in fine.

I drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine and I get intense headaches 

Mix the red and the white and the beer like he's done and it hots right up.  I ain't had a drink in ages.  Not sure why either.  Think it was around Christmas last time I had a drink.  I kinda prefer the skunk lately.  I think its cuz I don't do a lot in my spare time these days and booze don't lend itself to just sitting around and drinking, when I'm drinking I get on a boost, I wanna go out and do something.  And somehow hangovers and worse when you just sit around boozing.  I guess cuz when you're out and about your probably burn some of it off.  Hangovers fuck me up these days, never used to bother me, water off a ducks arse but now they fuckin' knock me out the park, find myself fucked until mid afternoon.

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Definitely discovering I am too old to drink on a school night now days the hangovers fucking knock me for 6 I don't puke too much now days but the shits seem to last forever 

I've always been alright on the puking front, it takes a lot to make me puke, don't think I've puked since I was a teenager.  The shits is standard though :lol:

19 minutes ago, soon said:

I just used a Q-Tip (ear wax cleaner, lil stick things)

Then I accidentally dropped it into my beer. 

Do I still drink the beer?

If it's your own yeah why not, but if if was someone else's no chance. I'd probably put the glass in the bin aswell.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, but remove the Q-Tip.

Ah, good advice for a Canadian, home of the Sour Toe Cocktail

jKCpVV6h.jpg

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/sourtoe-cocktail

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

If it's your own yeah why not, but if if was someone else's no chance. I'd probably put the glass in the bin aswell.

Ive now finished the beer, but the glass is still going in the bin on second thought. I really could taste the ear wax :lol:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I got carded today at the supermarket for buying booze... I mean, seriously?!

Are you at the stage where (a) you feel offended by it, (b) it's a compliment, or (c) you think: 'what do you need from me', or (d) 'quit trying'?

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

Are you at the stage where (a) you feel offended by it, (b) it's a compliment, or (c) you think: 'what do you need from me', or (d) 'quit trying'?

I think it's always a compliment when you reach a certain age, it's better to look younger than older. I know I look younger than my age and that's fine, but this is ridiculous. I'm in my 30's, I could pass for a twenty something, I guess, but I don't look like a teenager either. Plus there stood a, kind of, hot girl behind me, it wasn't exactly a ''cool'' moment when I had to take out my ID...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I think it's always a compliment when you reach a certain age, it's better to look younger than older. I know I look younger than my age and that's fine, but this is ridiculous. I'm in my 30's, I could pass for a twenty something, I guess, but I don't look like a teenager either. Plus there stood a, kind of, hot girl behind me, it wasn't exactly a ''cool'' moment when I had to take out my ID...

I'm the same age as you and I'm grey haired as fuck, if I have a beard I often get taken for being in my 40s.  I guess cuz I have naturally black hair and its quite long often so the greys stick out like bollocks on a bulldog.  Conversely though if I shave, because I don't have a great deal of facial hair, i end up looking like a four year old.

52 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm the same age as you and I'm grey haired as fuck, if I have a beard I often get taken for being in my 40s.  I guess cuz I have naturally black hair and its quite long often so the greys stick out like bollocks on a bulldog.  Conversely though if I shave, because I don't have a great deal of facial hair, i end up looking like a four year old.

I've got some grey hairs if I look for them, but it's not very noticeable yet. And I kinda wear my hair longish, so that helps. I think it has a lot to do with the appearance and the vibes you give off. The fact that I'm as thin as when I was 16 probably doesn't help either in making me look more my age, a lot of guys start to gain weight after 30.

Edited by EvanG

• 2 weeks later...