Jump to content
AxlisOld

The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

At the bar alone, got a nice buzz going, having the time of my life! I'm normally anti-social but I'm all over the place and talking to complete strangers. I gotta do this more often

Get yourself a copy of the racing post newspaper and drink bitter you will fit right in at any weatherspoons 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t had a drink in 45 minutes and I’m feeling fine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 14, 2019 at 4:22 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Cheap Cider is great £1 a can 7.5% the dream

I used to bootleg my cider. Got the price down to $10 for 2L at 20%. Thats when kids started getting their hands on it so I stopped selling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opened a 3+ year old Wildflower Gruit home-brew. Its incredible!!! Way better then when it was fresh. Never had anything like it. Theres caramelized fresh apricot and peach on the nose. Then there is a perfect balance of oxidization and pink Trident gum. The pink gum is also the aftertaste along with a very classic sour puckering. 'Sour' enough that it drinks really slow.

It has a very lightly clouded amber glow, similar to buckwheat honey. But I used wheat malt. No lingering head, but its plenty effervescent.

Just realized that I am the only person who will ever taste this awesome beer. Feeling kinda cathartic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find that Jack Daniels is a better cure for a cold than cold medicine is? I swear it just kills whatever virus's are in my system. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Does anyone else find that Jack Daniels is a better cure for a cold than cold medicine is? I swear it just kills whatever virus's are in my system. :lol:

Haha, I didnt know it could do that! Its probably best to practice preventative medicine and drink it all cold season long :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, I didnt know it could do that! Its probably best to practice preventative medicine and drink it all cold season long :lol:

Apparently drinking whiskey also works for at least one of my friends... I don't get sick very often, but when I do, I'll start drinking JD on the 2nd or 3rd day and it really does speed up the recovery process. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently drinking whiskey also works for at least one of my friends... I don't get sick very often, but when I do, I'll start drinking JD on the 2nd or 3rd day and it really does speed up the recovery process. :lol:

And what day of recovery are we on? :lol: 

I think Ive heard CC and honey before, too. I have a vague recollection of it working for me. Makes sense that it could disinfect anywhere it touches viruses. I swear by sniffing tea tree oil at the first sign of a cold and its the same principal. And JD has a 'warming' effect on the body the same way that cold fighting foods like ginger, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, chicken soup and tea does. 

I could be having JD and chicken soup when Im sick but instead Im sniffing tea tree like a sucker! :lol:

And I guess hot sauce should help too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, soon said:

And what day of recovery are we on? :lol: 

I think Ive heard CC and honey before, too. I have a vague recollection of it working for me. Makes sense that it could disinfect anywhere it touches viruses. I swear by sniffing tea tree oil at the first sign of a cold and its the same principal. And JD has a 'warming' effect on the body the same way that cold fighting foods like ginger, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, chicken soup and tea does. 

I could be having JD and chicken soup when Im sick but instead Im sniffing tea tree like a sucker! :lol:

And I guess hot sauce should help too

I caught a bug late last week... Friday evening and all of Saturday were awful, started sipping JD yesterday afternoon and by the time I went to bed I was feeling almost back to normal.

I guess hot sauce could probably help but it usually doesn't agree with me when I'm sick, it just makes my throat feel worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I caught a bug late last week... Friday evening and all of Saturday were awful, started sipping JD yesterday afternoon and by the time I went to bed I was feeling almost back to normal.

I guess hot sauce could probably help but it usually doesn't agree with me when I'm sick, it just makes my throat feel worse.

It does fuckin' work y'know, boozing.  Brandy works a treat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true that alcohol, including Scotch, can help you fight a cold. But only if you believe it. And not more than any other placebos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I caught a bug late last week... Friday evening and all of Saturday were awful, started sipping JD yesterday afternoon and by the time I went to bed I was feeling almost back to normal.

I guess hot sauce could probably help but it usually doesn't agree with me when I'm sick, it just makes my throat feel worse.

Makes sense about the hot sauce. Glad youre on the mend. Dont forget to take your medicine though! :slash:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except that the viruses are in your blood stream so anything that passes through your throat can at best just relieve symptoms.

But again, it works! Just keep on believing that it works! The stronger the better. And as others have pointed out, whisky and brandy are particularly effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soon said:

Dont forget to take your medicine though! :slash:

Fine, fine....

*pours another glass of whiskey*

I'm only drinking for my health! :lol:

 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Except that the viruses are in your blood stream so anything that passes through your throat can at best just relieve symptoms.

But again, it works! Just keep on believing that it works! The stronger the better. And as others have pointed out, whisky and brandy are particularly effective. 

I assume the point of the hot sauce would just be to help clear the sinuses?

I've found that whiskey does help though... it's not actually a cold medicine but it speeds the process along. :shrugs:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 1:15 AM, EvanG said:

What happened to @wasted ? He always made me feel good about my own alcoholism.

Haven't seen him for ages apparently he went to another forum not sure why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a small run pineapple and elderflower sour. And some craft cream ale and canadian pale ale. :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on a week holiday because I didn’t take enough time off last year and had to take an extra week before the end of the month or lose it. Travelled up to visit the folks for a few days. Just had a couple of pints, downed a bottle of white wine in two and now on my second bottle of red in the space of a couple of hours. Think I might regret this in the morning. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dazey said:

I’m on a week holiday because I didn’t take enough time off last year and had to take an extra week before the end of the month or lose it. Travelled up to visit the folks for a few days. Just had a couple of pints, downed a bottle of white wine in two and now on my second bottle of red in the space of a couple of hours. Think I might regret this in the morning. :lol: 

Is there anything more grating to a man grafting away to hear about some fuckin' lucky so and so sitting around his gaff like a fuckin' spare one boozing and banging out Monster Munch like a fat lazy minge :lol: #jealous #jammycunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dazey said:

I’m on a week holiday because I didn’t take enough time off last year and had to take an extra week before the end of the month or lose it. Travelled up to visit the folks for a few days. Just had a couple of pints, downed a bottle of white wine in two and now on my second bottle of red in the space of a couple of hours. Think I might regret this in the morning. :lol: 

Yeah I dunno why but Wine always gives me a nasty fucking hangover I can sit and sink 8 pints of a night and apart from the beer shits in fine.

 

I drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine and I get intense headaches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah I dunno why but Wine always gives me a nasty fucking hangover I can sit and sink 8 pints of a night and apart from the beer shits in fine.

 

I drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine and I get intense headaches 

Mix the red and the white and the beer like he's done and it hots right up.  I ain't had a drink in ages.  Not sure why either.  Think it was around Christmas last time I had a drink.  I kinda prefer the skunk lately.  I think its cuz I don't do a lot in my spare time these days and booze don't lend itself to just sitting around and drinking, when I'm drinking I get on a boost, I wanna go out and do something.  And somehow hangovers and worse when you just sit around boozing.  I guess cuz when you're out and about your probably burn some of it off.  Hangovers fuck me up these days, never used to bother me, water off a ducks arse but now they fuckin' knock me out the park, find myself fucked until mid afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×