The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

14 hours ago, EvanG said:

So I drank 3 shots of Jager Meister, 5 glasses of red wine, 1 glass of white wine, and 5 beers tonight. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since Christmas and I figured that after 4 weeks of no alcohol my tolerance would be out of the window but I'm barely even buzzed. There's something unsettling about this...

Truly unsettling! Yeah, you'd think your tolerance would go down.

Id be wasted from that. Id be wasted and Id have a tummy ache from mixing the various booze.

Did you end up with a buzz eventually?

18 minutes ago, soon said:

Id be wasted from that. Id be wasted and Id have a tummy ache from mixing the various booze.

Fucking poof!* :lol: That’s not even breakfast amirite @Len Cnut ? :lol: 

Fucking hell! You colonials need to man the fuck up! :lol: 

I’ve just popped out to watch the City match and I’ve had six (20oz) pints of Stella since kick off. 

*love yoooooooooo! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, soon said:

Not really, I gave up on it. I didn't even want to get drunk but at least get tipsy and I figured it would hit me harder after being a teetotaller for a month. Also, I drank it all under two hours... if I had spread it out over the entire evening it would have made more sense that I wasn't really feeling it. I woke up feeling great too, like I didn't have anything to drink at all the night before. I don't usually have terrible hangovers anyway, but I do feel it the next morning, but nada this time!

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Fucking poof!* :lol: That’s not even breakfast amirite @Len Cnut ? :lol: 

Fucking hell! You colonials need to man the fuck up! :lol: 

I’ve just popped out to watch the City match and I’ve had six (20oz) pints of Stella since kick off. 

*love yoooooooooo! :lol: 

So, are you saying that you drink white wine too then? And Im the poof? :lol: I was gonna let it slide with @EvanG but really, white wine? :lol:

You want some ice cubes in there, sweetie? :lol:

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

6 more and you'll match my record. Although I wouldnt drink Stella unless a housewife who didnt know any better offered it to me! :P:lol:

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Not really, I gave up on it. I didn't even want to get drunk but at least get tipsy and I figured it would hit me harder after being a teetotaller for a month. Also, I drank it all under two hours... if I had spread it out over the entire evening it would have made more sense that I wasn't really feeling it. I woke up feeling great too, like I didn't have anything to drink at all the night before. I don't usually have terrible hangovers anyway, but I do feel it the next morning, but nada this time!

That will be expensive if this keeps up!

2 minutes ago, soon said:

So, are you saying that you drink white wine too then? And Im the poof? :lol: I was gonna let it slide with @EvanG but really, white wine? :lol:

You want some ice cubes in there, sweetie? :lol:

6 more and you'll match my record. Although I wouldnt drink Stella unless a housewife who didnt know any better offered it to me! :P:lol:

I could never keep record of my record.  Not that its prodigious to like, Oliver Reed levels or anything, I just neglect to count, its well over 12 though.  8 pint cans is my standard purchase for a night in watching the telly, the pub average is anyones guess.  

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I prefer white over red actually, but red works better.

Well, to each their own. I mainly use it for cooking. But I do enjoy a Gewurztraminer now and then come to think of it.

I drank red wine recently and I couldn't deal with all the sipping so I switched to a straw so that I could mainline it :lol: No red wine lips either!

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I could never keep record of my record.  Not that its prodigious to like, Oliver Reed levels or anything, I just neglect to count, its well over 12 though.  8 pint cans is my standard purchase for a night in watching the telly, the pub average is anyones guess.  

Dang! I suppose 12 is the record that I can remember, so it might be like what you saying and I just dont remember. But I was up early feeling fine after those 12.

Sometimes I think I tend to drink less at the pub because I get chatting. If one thinks Im long winded on here, wait till the taps are flowing, lol

• Like 1

I don't really keep track. But at my old job I had a couple of drinking buddies and we would go drink on friday after work from 5 till midnight on an empty stomach, we didn't bother to get something to eat first, and we would easily drink up to 25 beers on most nights, but spread out over the evening. Kinda insane when I think about it now. Especially considering the pubs were in the same street as the coffeeshop and usually someone ended up buying hash and passing it around. It sounds like a good night out, but after a 40 hour work week and hardly no food all day, it got pretty ridiculous.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, to each their own. I mainly use it for cooking. But I do enjoy a Gewurztraminer now and then come to think of it.

What then do you pair with your fish, your foie gras, your sweet desserts, your sea food? Reds and wines serve different purposes. My life would be sadder without great Ausleses and Spätleses.

When I drank a lot I think the most outrageous thing I did drinking-wise was 3 bottles of wine before going out.

Right now I am enjoying a pils from Russian River before the game starts.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What then do you pair with your fish, your foie gras, your sweet desserts, your sea food? Reds and wines serve different purposes. My life would be sadder without great Ausleses and Spätleses.

My seafood pairing is a mojito. So good! :drool: Especially if its a butter-heavy preparation, the mint brightness it all up.

I dont really eat dessert much. If I were pairing a booze with fish you are correct it would likely be a white - a Gewurtztraminer most likely. But at home I mostly eat salmon with bubbly mineral water and lemon. Id deglaze my veggie sides with white wine though. And would maybe serve a pan sauce, so the white is in the profile even if its not the drink pairing.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Right now I am enjoying a pils from Russian River before the game starts.

Im really picky with pils. But Im sure Ive had some excellent brews by Russian River so its probably one of the good ones.

40 minutes ago, soon said:

My seafood pairing is a mojito. So good! :drool: Especially if its a butter-heavy preparation, the mint brightness it all up.

I dont really eat dessert much. If I were pairing a booze with fish you are correct it would likely be a white - a Gewurtztraminer most likely. But at home I mostly eat salmon with bubbly mineral water and lemon. Id deglaze my veggie sides with white wine though. And would maybe serve a pan sauce, so the white is in the profile even if its not the drink pairing.

Im really picky with pils. But Im sure Ive had some excellent brews by Russian River so its probably one of the good ones.

You get RR in Canada? I thought they didn't export out of California.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't tend to count the quantity but measure it in time instead and my record I'd just under three days non stop. Parts of that were just holding one bottle sipping it for an hour or two but other parts were truly fucking full tilt. It included two nights out and two afternoon pub sessions and I watched the same film three times during if all.

41 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I don't tend to count the quantity but measure it in time instead and my record I'd just under three days non stop. Parts of that were just holding one bottle sipping it for an hour or two but other parts were truly fucking full tilt. It included two nights out and two afternoon pub sessions and I watched the same film three times during if all.

Cocaine's a hell of drug! :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 26/01/2020 at 4:48 PM, Dazey said:

Cocaine's a hell of drug! :lol: 

That is a blatant ching weekend eh? :lol:  I do miss the fuckin' charlie y'know.  Well, I sort of do and I don't, the last couple of mornings (or afternoons) after were particularly hard on me but every time I see my man a little voice in my head is goin' 'go onnnnn, go onnnn, old times sake eh?' but that stuff just fuckin' puts me on a boost and like, its weird but...there's not really the same things there to do anymore.  I am waaaay past being a club going type and like...the rest of my ching taking associates are kind of off the map now, sort of like myself, so its either young cousins I can link up and do it with or else be the bloke in the pub unnaturally charged in comparison to his group of friends...and no one wants that. 

I remember knowing this bloke, through work, who was in his 40s doing ching and I used to think, cor, what a fuckin' sad old cunt (though he did attempt to knock out a traffic warden once in front of me before chasing him down the street)...and I'm rapidly approaching that age myself. 

I never get why people are so concerned about their age. I would never stop doing something I enjoy because of my age. If I liked doing drugs I would do it regardless of how old I am, and as long as it's not fucking up my health too much. (I don't do drugs at all, but as an example).

20 hours ago, EvanG said:

I never get why people are so concerned about their age. I would never stop doing something I enjoy because of my age. If I liked doing drugs I would do it regardless of how old I am, and as long as it's not fucking up my health too much. (I don't do drugs at all, but as an example).

Because with cocaine there's a social element to it and that social element, with most people, just ain't there as much in your 40s and it is when you're a lad.  I suppose fucking up your health is part of it as well, you see these people that have been doing ching most of their lives, all recedey hair and anger issues, haggard looking, clinging to that old feeling they once got running around town like a mad-head, hopped up on pound-a-pint speicals down The Moon Under Water and grams of heavily cut marching powder, they seem out of step with the world around them, lacking awareness and clearly missing something in their lives...this is just my impression by the way...and it wasn't a flattering one.  And especially someone like myself who never knew when to stop with booze and drugs it was always a timely reminder that helped me keep my head on straight.  I feel like you can breeze through all that drink and drugs stuff as long as you've got some kind of anchor in your life, for some people its their kids, for Keith Richards its The Rolling Stones, for me its not wanting to look like a sad old cunt :lol:

Times moves on and everything has its moment and you should enjoy it while its there and, most importantly, know when its time to pack it in.  Especially with things like Charlie and especially when you're a no mark like me and not some rich fucker who can afford to be slinging money about on it.

Edited by Len Cnut

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because with cocaine there's a social element to it and that social element, with most people, just ain't there as much in your 40s and it is when you're a lad.  I suppose fucking up your health is part of it as well, you see these people that have been doing ching most of their lives, all recedey hair and anger issues, haggard looking, clinging to that old feeling they once got running around town like a mad-head, hopped up on pound-a-pint speicals down The Moon Under Water and grams of heavily cut marching powder, they seem out of step with the world around them, lacking awareness and clearly missing something in their lives...this is just my impression by the way...and it wasn't a flattering one.  And especially someone like myself who never knew when to stop with booze and drugs it was always a timely reminder that helped me keep my head on straight.  I feel like you can breeze through all that drink and drugs stuff as long as you've got some kind of anchor in your life, for some people its their kids, for Keith Richards its The Rolling Stones, for me its not wanting to look like a sad old cunt :lol:

Times moves on and everything has its moment and you should enjoy it while its there and, most importantly, know when its time to pack it in.  Especially with things like Charlie and especially when you're a no mark like me and not some rich fucker who can afford to be slinging money about on it.

Makes sense. Your post just reminded me of what I often hear people say... ''I can't do this anymore because it's not appropriate for someone my age''... and I think that's lame. Don't conform to society's norms or what other people say. If you enjoy doing something, just do it regardless of how old you are.

reading history books is so much more satisfying than drinking booze or doing drugs. I'm glad I managed to significantly lower my alcohol intake to barely detectable levels, and every glass I drink I regret afterwards. I guess I quit before I got too dependend. alcohol, drugs, painkillers, all that filth: how many lives and families were destroyed because of it. I'm telling you: when you see your mother drunk every day and lying about it, you tend to lose your faith in pretty much anything. If your own bloody mother is lying to you (now I realise, she was just ill), then how would anyone else be genuine and honest?

Why would you regret it if you don't have a real problem with it?

I will probably never stop drinking, unless I have to for health reasons or grow tired of it one day.

But I'm a moderate drinker anyway and I don't have a problem with it. I can go weeks/months without it, which I often do when life gets busy or I'm just not in the mood for it.

It's just that when I start drinking I immediately drink a lot, I can't just have one or two drinks, but as long as I don't do that too often, it's no big deal really.

Have fun. Get drunk every once in a while.

• Like 1

I'm getting to somewhere like that with the drink too, an action sort of place.  Not so much that I got a problem with it its just like...I'm fuckin' not doing anything with my life and the little spare time I have I just spend fuckin' boozing or hungover.  I need to fuckin' do something productive, something thats leading to something, instead of perpetuating this constant cycle of fuckin' work and getting pissed.  And its not exclusive to going out either, even when I'm doing fuck all at home over the weekend I end up getting massively pissed and its getting to a point where its like, fuckin' hell, is this it now forever, working all fuckin' week and then getting ratted.  Its actually starting to get boring.

Back in the day many workers in the US and Canada would find themselves working and living in a Company Town. They were indentured workers whose housing was owned by the Company they worked for.  And all their needs were met by purchasing them at the Company Store. So you'd get your shit wage and then promptly hand it back over to the company. And this model lives on to some extent in vices. Booze is especially good to keep you to keep you preoccupied, pacified and drowsy - unable to organize. You get your wages, buy some booze and stay in your own little box until Monday morning.

So, I home-brew! :lol:

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm getting to somewhere like that with the drink too, an action sort of place.  Not so much that I got a problem with it its just like...I'm fuckin' not doing anything with my life and the little spare time I have I just spend fuckin' boozing or hungover.  I need to fuckin' do something productive, something thats leading to something, instead of perpetuating this constant cycle of fuckin' work and getting pissed.  And its not exclusive to going out either, even when I'm doing fuck all at home over the weekend I end up getting massively pissed and its getting to a point where its like, fuckin' hell, is this it now forever, working all fuckin' week and then getting ratted.  Its actually starting to get boring.

you got to "work on your persona" so to speak. have a work you want to fulfill, day and day again, bit by bit. it doesn't matter what that is. Anything you do, that evolves your identity / personality, will make you feel satisfied and worth something.

For me, that was looking up my family's history, my ancestor's lives, mistakes and achievments. Then, link it to history when they lived; how they reacted to circumstances and what mistakes / aschievments they made. Then, look at your own life and see how massively more convenient your life is, opposed to theirs and how your ancestors managed to lead happy lives regardless.

Something stupid like an antique shovle that's soaked with the sweat of my grandfather, that I'm using myself in the garden. Stacks of old pictures that I'm organising. discover places that they lived in, experienced during their lives and see how it all evolved. it is a never ending gift, that keeps on giving. I ain't got time to drink.

Edited by action

you know what's a funny thought? your lineage goes back hundreds, thousands of years back. How many years is impossible to know. How many generations, that ultimately led to you being born? you're the last of your kind, and your ancestors are looking down at you, seeing what you do with your life, or don't do.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, action said:

you know what's a funny thought? your lineage goes back hundreds, thousands of years back. How many years is impossible to know. How many generations, that ultimately led to you being born? you're the last of your kind, and your ancestors are looking down at you, seeing what you do with your life, or don't do.

Or looking up at you.

• Haha 3