The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I can relate to this too.

In Canada this is a popular more-affordable brand called Presidents Choice.  They make everything including beer.  Being a price conscious brand they use cheaper ingredients in beer, including corn based malt/sugars.  I cannot catch a buzz from that beer and I suspect its because the relaxing effects of beer are countered by the high fructose corn syrup type stuff in it.

Also, I used to get grumpy from whiskey but more recently I get gruff when I drink white wine.  Haha!  Seriously its the most absurd thing.  

'I only came here to drink White Zinfandel and kick some ass.   And it looks like we're on a cheese course.'  :lol:

2 hours ago, soon said:

I can relate to this too.

In Canada this is a popular more-affordable brand called Presidents Choice.  They make everything including beer.  Being a price conscious brand they use cheaper ingredients in beer, including corn based malt/sugars.  I cannot catch a buzz from that beer and I suspect its because the relaxing effects of beer are countered by the high fructose corn syrup type stuff in it.

Also, I used to get grumpy from whiskey but more recently I get gruff when I drink white wine.  Haha!  Seriously its the most absurd thing.  

'I only came here to drink White Zinfandel and kick some ass.   And it looks like we're on a cheese course.'  :lol:

I'm not sure I've ever seen Presidents Choice beer (but I'm familiar with the brand). Where do they sell it, is it just an Ontario thing? 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen Presidents Choice beer (but I'm familiar with the brand). Where do they sell it, is it just an Ontario thing? 

Its at The Beer Store (provincially regulated store owned and operated by US macro brewers) in Ontario and I think that I've seen it at grocery stores in Quebec.

I just did a quick google and found the example of it being not only available in Alberta, but brewed for them by Big Rock (I've never seen this IPA)  https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/391/196166/

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Its at The Beer Store (provincially regulated store owned and operated by US macro brewers) in Ontario and I think that I've seen it at grocery stores in Quebec.

I just did a quick google and found the example of it being not only available in Alberta, but brewed for them by Big Rock (I've never seen this IPA)  https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/391/196166/

How odd :lol: I've never seen it in BC. I assume they sell the non-alcoholic stuff at Superstore but I've never had near-beer because.... well why would I? :lol:

43 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How odd :lol: I've never seen it in BC. I assume they sell the non-alcoholic stuff at Superstore but I've never had near-beer because.... well why would I? :lol:

Yeah, Big Rock sounds more impressive then ever :lol:.  I would of thought since PC was available nation-wide, that the beer would be but maybe not.  So regulated.  Definitely hope we'll get your BC buds under regulation :dance:

15 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, Big Rock sounds more impressive then ever :lol:.  I would of thought since PC was available nation-wide, that the beer would be but maybe not.  So regulated.  Definitely hope we'll get your BC buds under regulation :dance:

My city, for all its faults, is at least a decent example of how weed stores should work - if you can afford the business license, you can have one. If you're not within 100 metres of a school, open up shop. You'll charge higher prices than your everyday dealer and add 12% in taxes and still have a revolving door :lol:

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My city, for all its faults, is at least a decent example of how weed stores should work - if you can afford the business license, you can have one. If you're not within 100 metres of a school, open up shop. You'll charge higher prices than your everyday dealer and add 12% in taxes and still have a revolving door :lol:

Oh for sure.  And they'll sadly still loose money, like they manage to do often with booze.

Meanwhile, the crony capitalists in Toronto will make millions while the Ontario govt looses millions of tax dollars on mismanaged regulating.  The Cannabis Control Boards of Ontario will be unionized but will hire primary part-timers who aren't eligible for union membership.  

And the people who actually made the industry are already being squeezed out.  The result is that now I'm being offered powders when I ask for an 1/8th of kush.  Its basically become like the "do you want fries with that" of the cannabis market place here.  Hopefully the black market will go back to normal once the over-priced and over-taxed buds go up for sale.  Although I am looking forward to non-GMO, organic stuff.

16 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh for sure.  And they'll sadly still loose money, like they manage to do often with booze.

Meanwhile, the crony capitalists in Toronto will make millions while the Ontario govt looses millions of tax dollars on mismanaged regulating.  The Cannabis Control Boards of Ontario will be unionized but will hire primary part-timers who aren't eligible for union membership.  

And the people who actually made the industry are already being squeezed out.  The result is that now I'm being offered powders when I ask for an 1/8th of kush.  Its basically become like the "do you want fries with that" of the cannabis market place here.  Hopefully the black market will go back to normal once the over-priced and over-taxed buds go up for sale.  Although I am looking forward to non-GMO, organic stuff.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is the gummy bears and other candies :lol: everything else I'll be able to legally do myself without much effort. But yea, the dispensaries here (in my experience) aren't 'pushy' about anything, but they've had the vapes, pills, hash, keef, and other extracts for quite a while. It's definitely quite the marketplace.

Aren't you a gardener anyway? Grow your own :lol:

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I was pissed as fuck the other night and fuckin' fucked my foot off into the fuckin'...whats it called, I'm having a fuckin' mind blank, the bed basically, the bed leg, REALLY fuckin' hard :lol:  Was on Sunday, it's fuckin' Wednesday today and it still fuckin' hurts. 

isn't that called the foot of the bed? :lol: i'm curious how you managed to fuck your foot up :lol: 

Edited by AslatIE

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is the gummy bears and other candies :lol: everything else I'll be able to legally do myself without much effort. But yea, the dispensaries here (in my experience) aren't 'pushy' about anything, but they've had the vapes, pills, hash, keef, and other extracts for quite a while. It's definitely quite the marketplace.

Aren't you a gardener anyway? Grow your own :lol:

Oh yeah, I will be growing some very good stuff.  Im not sure about if we can legally grow outside - which is way cheaper to do?  But I just might have some know how on indoor growing :lol:

Yeh, hopefully the vendors will chill out here soon too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I'm drinking Corona lately. 3 for a fiver in Tesco express. These are the big bottles about 2 pints in them. 

Shit, I must get down Tesco then!  Come to that the very same fridge i get my Stella out of has big fuck off Corona bottles in it, never checked the price on em.  Whats it like, Corona?  Can't remember ever havin' it.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, I must get down Tesco then!  Come to that the very same fridge i get my Stella out of has big fuck off Corona bottles in it, never checked the price on em.  Whats it like, Corona?  Can't remember ever havin' it.

Its nice. The perfect strength aswell 4.5% so I can drink it for ages without getting too fucked. Tescos do about 4 or 5 different big bottles so you can have one of each for a fiver. Estrella is alright so is the Czech one.