The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

29 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Dudes, once or twice (OK, exactly twice) in my marriage, a guy has told me that I'm beautiful/pretty. It's very nice, but I'm married and am good at giving off cold vibes. Is saying just "thank you" enough? 

If I'm being honest, one of these guys was cute, but I was reluctant to repay the complement, because healthy boy/girl friendships don't involve that conversation.

Is there ever a good way to tell a guy he's good looking? Do I break it down into "I like your glasses"? 

I think "thank you" is plenty, if they already know you are married. But what do I know :shrugs:

Or threaten to have your husband beat them up for scandalizing you! :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Dudes, once or twice (OK, exactly twice) in my marriage, a guy has told me that I'm beautiful/pretty. It's very nice, but I'm married and am good at giving off cold vibes. Is saying just "thank you" enough? 

If I'm being honest, one of these guys was cute, but I was reluctant to repay the complement, because healthy boy/girl friendships don't involve that conversation.

Is there ever a good way to tell a guy he's good looking? Do I break it down into "I like your glasses"? 

"Thank you" is enough. If you feel confident that it won't be misconstrued and lead to awkwardness then you can certainly compliment guys however you like. Probably more safe to go the "I like your glasses" route than "Your muscles make me horny" but you sort of have to feel what is okay or not yourself. But in most cases "thank you" is both enough and safest. You don't want to lead anyone on, right.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Found out from a friend that my ex is with someone else. That's always fun to hear :lol:

Sucks!

I still share a streaming service with my ex and sometimes I happen to see that she watches The Notebook and similar romance stories like everyday. Makes me so happy that shes love sick. :lol:

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's great. I've been married twelve years now. It's never been difficult, and that says a lot about how great my wife is.  

Your wife is on another forum right now saying.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's great. I've been married twelve years now. It's never been difficult, except he becomes distant and preoccupied, spending hours bickering with a bald man from northern England. I feel like there are three people in our relationship.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are any other married people jealous of the folks who had microweddings this year? 

100% of wedding stress is caused by guest politics. And one has to invite their family to their wedding. For us that included the two aunts who didn't get on, my overbearing grandmother and that's not even mentioning his side of the family... I'd loved to have a good reason like that not to invite them. 

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Are any other married people jealous of the folks who had microweddings this year? 

100% of wedding stress is caused by guest politics. And one has to invite their family to their wedding. For us that included the two aunts who didn't get on, my overbearing grandmother and that's not even mentioning his side of the family... I'd loved to have a good reason like that not to invite them. 

One of the reasons I'm glad that I fucked off to the US for mine and invited three people from my side. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Microwedding is a wedding with only good people invited? If so, we had a microwedding ourselves. 

9 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

My main wedding was a microwedding. we only invited a handfull of people on our main wedding to being with. it was really "our" day, with our son (yea yea, he was born out of sin).

I guess we saw no benefit in having tens of profiteers boozing up our first savings and ending up not enjoying any of it anyway.

marriage (the ceremony and ensuing party) is just a lot of bollox really. it's turned from a romantic event in this economical vehicle that drains your capital like snow for the sun. When I'm not reminded I married, I'm tending to even forget the day. But it's the days since then, and before, that I'll never forget, and that ultimately count. I rather have many memorable days, than one day where I didn't even enjoy myself.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok married people, what's the stupidest argument you've got in with your spouse/significant other?

Around 18 months ago my wife got fed up of my dvds/books piling up on a radiator so said for me to put a shelf up. I bought the shelf, put it up, put it up a second time after I messed up 1st time. And all was well. Around 2 weeks ago she randomly cleared all my stuff off said shelf and replaced with 2 Yankee candles and 2 oil burners and told me I'm no longer to put dvds/books on it.

Fast forward 2 weeks and we're still arguing over this shelf and I've decided I'm going to take it down so it doesn't cause any more arguments. As such we are now into a deeper argument all over a God damn shelf.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Ok married people, what's the stupidest argument you've got in with your spouse/significant other?

Around 18 months ago my wife got fed up of my dvds/books piling up on a radiator so said for me to put a shelf up. I bought the shelf, put it up, put it up a second time after I messed up 1st time. And all was well. Around 2 weeks ago she randomly cleared all my stuff off said shelf and replaced with 2 Yankee candles and 2 oil burners and told me I'm no longer to put dvds/books on it.

Fast forward 2 weeks and we're still arguing over this shelf and I've decided I'm going to take it down so it doesn't cause any more arguments. As such we are now into a deeper argument all over a God damn shelf.

Put up 2 shelves, I'm guessing the books,dvds didn't look as pretty as the candles :P