The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Well, that was a fuckin' amazing fight.  Disappointed with the result, those cuts were butts but you gotta give Warrington his dues, he fought a fuckin' blinder really.  Brilliant fight.  Lee showed serious bottle.  How that one judge had it for Selbz I'll never know.

Yeah fair play to Warrington he set about him in the first round and kept it up pretty well the whole fight. Got to give him credit there was only one winner in that fight. Cracking fight though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Great boxing night in London today.

That was fun to watch.

Chisora knocked out Takam in the undercard and then Whyte won against Parker in a fight with three knock downs

Parker fought the wrong fight, happy for Dillian though, really like him.  Was all fuckin’ good results even on the undercard, Benn v Peynaud, Dave Allen v Webb, the whole card was quality.

Mikey Garcia and Robert Easter was quality too over in America.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Parker fought the wrong fight, happy for Dillian though, really like him.  Was all fuckin’ good results even on the undercard, Benn v Peynaud, Dave Allen v Webb, the whole card was quality.

Mikey Garcia and Robert Easter was quality too over in America.

Despite that Parker almost got him in the 12th round.

8 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

One of my faves behind the mic talking about my favourite boxer of all time

watching Roy in his pomp was like watching a cat play with a ball of string.

Roy was the fuckin' dogs bollocks and if he had tired after going up to HW and doing John Ruiz we'd be talking about him as fuckin' Ali Mk II.  Shit, even a couple of fights after that, even if it was after the first Tarver fight.  Roy was fuckin' amazing.  Its actually incredible that people give fighters like Joe Calzaghe more props than Roy and Calzaghe, lets face it, was a bit of a grandad basher.  I mean name the fuckin' top drawer fighter he fought in his prime.  This cunt here done Bernard Hopkins, the great James Toney, in his prime, when James Toney was James Toney, he done Mike McCallum, he done fuckin' everybody.  Fuckin' Eubank and Benn more or less admitted to being afraid to fight him, how class do you have to be to get the response from opponents, fuckin' champions no less. 

The thing that was said at the time about Roy is that though he was great he never had great competition so he was never proved in that way...but thats rubbish, James Toney is one of the greatest middleweights that ever lived, top 5 in my opinion, at least top 3 most technically gifted...and Roy just wiped the floor with him.  Fighters like Eubank and Benn are called greats now and they didnt want it with him, Mike McCallum is a great, he beat him, though in his latter stages some might argue.

Roy deserves a helluva lot more credit than he got.  The one criticism you might entertain is that he had a dodgy chin and his immense athleticism made it so he avoided getting checked and then when he got checked in his latter years he didnt pass the test.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Roy was the fuckin' dogs bollocks and if he had tired after going up to HW and doing John Ruiz we'd be talking about him as fuckin' Ali Mk II.  Shit, even a couple of fights after that, even if it was after the first Tarver fight.  Roy was fuckin' amazing.  Its actually incredible that people give fighters like Joe Calzaghe more props than Roy and Calzaghe, lets face it, was a bit of a grandad basher.  I mean name the fuckin' top drawer fighter he fought in his prime.  This cunt here done Bernard Hopkins, the great James Toney, in his prime, when James Toney was James Toney, he done Mike McCallum, he done fuckin' everybody.  Fuckin' Eubank and Benn more or less admitted to being afraid to fight him, how class do you have to be to get the response from opponents, fuckin' champions no less. 

The thing that was said at the time about Roy is that though he was great he never had great competition so he was never proved in that way...but thats rubbish, James Toney is one of the greatest middleweights that ever lived, top 5 in my opinion, at least top 3 most technically gifted...and Roy just wiped the floor with him.  Fighters like Eubank and Benn are called greats now and they didnt want it with him, Mike McCallum is a great, he beat him, though in his latter stages some might argue.

Roy deserves a helluva lot more credit than he got.  The one criticism you might entertain is that he had a dodgy chin and his immense athleticism made it so he avoided getting checked and then when he got checked in his latter years he didnt pass the test.

Can't disagree with a word of that my man.

13 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Can't disagree with a word of that my man.

And the chin stuff you could debate too, I mean he was getting on when those droppages started to happened and the guy had gone up from middleweight, to light heavy, to heavy, back to light heavy, those are MASSIVE fluctuations in weight, what must that do to a mans punch resistance?  He'd been pro for about 15 years at that point, thats basically a career innit?  I mean Ali got dropped in fuckin' sparring when he was training for the comeback against Jerry Quarry in 1970 because he was trying to shed a massive amount of weight in a short space of time, that shit is really quite damaging to the body.  There are examples of fighters that have done bigger weight differentials over a career (Ray Robinson began at featherweight and was campaigning at Light Heavy towards the end, FUCK ME!) but Roy did it in a really concentrated period of time while being a fighter that relied on reflexes and athleticism. 

Edited by Len Cnut

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And the chin stuff you could debate too, I mean he was getting on when those droppages started to happened and the guy had gone up from middleweight, to light heavy, to heavy, back to light heavy, those are MASSIVE fluctuations in weight, what must that do to a mans punch resistance?  I mean Ali got dropped in fuckin' sparring when he was training for the comeback against Jerry Quarry in 1970 because he was trying to shed a massive amount of weight in a short space of time, that shit is really quite damaging to the body.  There are examples of fighters that have done bigger weight differentials over a career (Ray Robinson began at featherweight and was campaigning at Light Heavy towards the end, FUCK ME!) but Roy did it in a really concentrated period of time while being a fighter that relied on reflexes and athleticism. 

Yeah you could say he was a victim of his own ambition and just ended up with sever weight drain. I kinda wish he'd have stuck around middle/super-middleweight but hey fuck it man he's still out there bangin' ( granted they're bums)at 50 or whatever for no other reason than the love of it.

Edited by Silverburst80

6 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah you could say he was a victim of his own ambition and just ended up with sever weight drain. I kinda wish he'd have stuck around middle/super-middleweight but hey fuck it man he's still out there bangin' ( granted they're bums)at 50 or whatever for no other reason than the love of it.

Hes retired now, last fight was his last if I’m not mistaken.

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Tyson Fury VS Wilder will be interesting if it goes ahead been getting well into my boxing recently ... 

Not sure if Fury will be ready for such a big fight after fighting 2 pretty low rated fighters but will pull in PPV figures regardless 

Its possible that they're just blowing smoke up everyones arse but who knows.  I mean it is at very least a calculated manueuvre to make big Josh look bad.  'Oh Wilder and Shelley Finkel were SO easy to deal with, the easiest deal I've ever had in my life, never met two people who were so straightforward in business' :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

He fell over going round that corner like a Warner Bros cartoon 😂

Bill tweeted this morning 'i feel like Chicken Tonight!' :lol:  It all stems back to an interview Bill did on IFL 5 months ago where he called Wilder a racist cunt over that comment Wilder made when he said Eddie Hearn is just another example of a white man milking a black man.  Thats what Wilder is asking him in the beginning of the video 'whats up with you calling me a racist cunt?' and Bills like 'yeah i did that'.  Gotta rate Bills bottle if you think about it, its Bill and one mate and Wilder and six of his mates and he's frontin' em up.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Bill tweeted this morning 'i feel like Chicken Tonight!' :lol:  It all stems back to an interview Bill did on IFL 5 months ago where he called Wilder a racist cunt over that comment Wilder made when he said Eddie Hearn is just another example of a white man milking a black man.  Thats what Wilder is asking him in the beginning of the video 'whats up with you calling me a racist cunt?' and Bills like 'yeah i did that'.  Gotta rate Bills bottle if you think about it, its Bill and one mate and Wilder and six of his mates and he's frontin' em up.

It's mental 😂 you get the feeling they wanted to give him a right hiding.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

😂 He's the mate who no matter how fucked up you try and push it he will just go that bit extra where you just laugh and think "this guy just isn't fucking normal 😂😂" dont be mistaken though these travellers know what theyre doing. My absolute favourite IFL interview with him is where he tells how he nearly got chucked out of the Olympics. When they asked why he hesitated and said completely deadpan "me and Frankie Gavin was nicking jet skis" 😂😂😂