The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Spence coming in at 146 and a quarter, fuck me, he's been working hasn't he?  He's big for a welterweight as is and he's coming in almost a pound under the limit?  I guess cuz Mikeys a smaller agile guy coming up from the lower weights (undefeated, 39-0, 4 weight world champion) coming in at 145 and a half so I guess the idea is to move but fuck, Spence is a machine to even weigh in like that, remember this guys a natural welterweight...and big even at that weight, you can tell he boils down for it a bit, should be a cracking fight, I'm backing Errol but fuck, its a pick em fight, i can't fuckin' wait :D 

3 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Yeah jumping up 2 weights is a big ask for anyone & its in Errols home town Texas with 90+ thousand people in the Stadium its a MASSIVE Stadium bigger then Wembley ill be up from 4am alarm set

Theres probably more Mexicans there than Spence supporters, I don’t think theres much hometown advantage in this case.

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Lols Pac man getting in the ring at the end lols is he really serious on having a match with Errol Spence lols

To be fair if I was to pick a best 4 of possible opponents Pacman would be there.  He wouldn't win but nor would any of the others, with the possible exception of Terence Crawford.

1 - Terence Crawford

2 - Keith Thurman

3 - Shawn Porter

4 - Manny Pacquiao

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair if I was to pick a best 4 of possible opponents Pacman would be there.  He wouldn't win but nor would any of the others, with the possible exception of Terence Crawford.

1 - Terence Crawford

2 - Keith Thurman

3 - Shawn Porter

4 - Manny Pacquiao

How does he do against Floyd were it ever to happen?

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

How does he do against Floyd were it ever to happen?

Floyds a retired old man, he's what, 41 now?  Hasn't had a serious fight in 4 years, its unreasonable to expect that he's going to come back and take on a guy like Spence.  I don't want to sit here and say he'd lose because Floyd is a phenomenal athlete when he's got his back up, its just not really a feasible thing.  I'll tell you something else though, when Spence first started getting notice part of it was due to a story that he gave a very good account of himself against Floyd is sparring, something Floyd corroborated, which is unheard of for Floyd, to say that someone got the better or him or approached getting the better of him.  Its hard for me to say really because I don't know how much Floyd has left.  The only reason Floyd even gets mentioned these days is cuz he's an attention whore who stirs up these rumours but I don't see him fighting again.

Edited by Len Cnut

I know its a slim chance anyone knows what im talking about - but i remember a watching a video on YouTube of this guy being knocked out and during a post-fight interview hes asked about the knockout and he says something like "knockout? i didn't get knocked out....Did you see me get knocked out?" and hes totally serious about it. Ive been looking for the clip forever. I believe it was a professional fight - maybe 90's. I have no clue who the fighters were.

Edit: I found it

Edited by -W.A.R-

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Smart move however keeps him in the public eye makes him cash

Oh definitely, I just meant in terms of it being a barometer of how he would fare in an actual competitive fight.  Quite frankly Berto was light work for him too though at least he was a ranked pro fighter.

14 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Another cracking fight before end June will hopefully  be Josh WarringtonV Kid Gal Josh has had too postpone it due too hand injury im well looking forward too this cant see him or anyone else stopping JW tho

Warrington really won my fuckin' respect, I was backing Selbz all the way, he done him, I thought Framptons movement would be too much for him, he done him, I'd be hard pressed to pick Barry over him now, though Barrys a good fighter, very good fighter.  Leo Santa Cruz and Gary Russell Jnr might give em a run for their money.

Whys everyone fuckin' leaving Dominic Ingle? 

Edited by Len Cnut