The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

On 17/03/2019 at 3:19 PM, -W.A.R- said:

I know its a slim chance anyone knows what im talking about - but i remember a watching a video on YouTube of this guy being knocked out and during a post-fight interview hes asked about the knockout and he says something like "knockout? i didn't get knocked out....Did you see me get knocked out?" and hes totally serious about it. Ive been looking for the clip forever. I believe it was a professional fight - maybe 90's. I have no clue who the fighters were.

Edit: I found it

Yeah I know them two, 80s fighters, Marlon Starling was a good fighter, world champion, he beat Lloyd Honeyghan back in the day if I recall correctly, the man who famously upset Donald Curry.  He lost to Donald Curry too, Marlon I mean.  I think more than once. 

Edited by Len Cnut

I dunno man, he’s allowed a Tom Schwarz after that Wilder fight..plus its his first fight on his new ESPN contract, its to be expected that he’d play it safe, his next opponent should be at least top ten tier though or that will be a pisstake.  

The top boys ain’t gonna fight each other any time soon, not for their next 4 fights at least I reckon.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

If he is signed with ESPN and Wilder Showtime can they still fight? How does that work with the 2 different networks?

Anyone can fight when there's money enough on it.  The question is do they want to?  Furys a pikey and to requote my ol' mate Spunko these gyppos know how to milk a pound note out of a situation, he's gonna fuckin' knock over a few tramps and make some money from the situation.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It'll not happen for ages and nor will a Joshua fight with Wilder/Fury. This is why boxing pisses me off. 

There is a chance of it happening and that chance will be predicated on the fact that Americans don't fuckin' hang with that fighting shit fighters one fighter after the other in perpetuity, if Fury don't pull his socks up and fight someone decent soon the yankers ain't gonna watch him knocking over bums forever, especially since he don't really have a fan friendly style. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There is a chance of it happening and that chance will be predicated on the fact that Americans don't fuckin' hang with that fighting shit fighters one fighter after the other in perpetuity, if Fury don't pull his socks up and fight someone decent soon the yankers ain't gonna watch him knocking over bums forever, especially since he don't really have a fan friendly style. 

It'll be, and I say this more in relation to Fury v Joshua, just be the Pacquiao/Matweather thing whereby they fart around with discussions forever and then they're too old when they do fight. 

Boxers are greedier than footballers or rockstars. Apparently Joshua was flogging signed boxing gloves at his fight for £200 or £300! Bet some lackey signed it also haha.

It'll be, and I say this more in relation to Fury v Joshua, just be the Pacquiao/Matweather thing whereby they fart around with discussions forever and then they're too old when they do fight. 

Boxers are greedier than footballers or rockstars. Apparently Joshua was flogging signed boxing gloves at his fight for £200 or £300! Bet some lackey signed it also haha.

It won't be that long, it ain't an interesting enough match up nor does it have anything like the same amount of money in it.  Wilder vs Joshua is the one the people want more.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It won't be that long, it ain't an interesting enough match up nor does it have anything like the same amount of money in it.  Wilder vs Joshua is the one the people want more.

Probably not so much if you're British. Joshua/Fury is surely the big one if you are British.

Probably not so much if you're British. Joshua/Fury is surely the big one if you are British.

Even then it's probably Josh and Wilder, more fan friendly styles, as much as I love Fury and back him he's a spoiler by nature.  I just want him to win more for what he represents.

19 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah mate them punches of his are something else 

Could work the other way too though.  Thats what I like about this generation, they're none of em like...untouchable prodigies, they've all got their strong points but massive flaws as well, so its all evenly matched.  Of the big three I think either could beat the other on the night but I say Fury does em all if he's on his game.  Movement troubles the fuck out of Big Josh and Wilder and Fury has that. 

If Zab had a temperment to match his skill set he would've gone through the roof.  The only man, aside from Emmanuel Burton and Jose Luis Castillio to present Floyd Mayweather with a complex pugilistic proposition that he then had to work out.  Trouble with Zab is that, as everyone is so fond of saying, he's kinda like a 5 round fighter.  Losing to Mayweather and a peak Kosta Tsyzu is one thing but he should've never really lost to the likes of Amir Khan and Danny Garcia, though really he was past it by those fights anyway.