Len Cnut

The Boxing Thread

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip, 1968-2001. 

Last fight was a loss to Hector Camacho.

He's the Cliff Richard of boxing. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

He's the Cliff Richard of boxing. 

There’s a film out about him starring Robert De Niro.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip, 1968-2001. 

Last fight was a loss to Hector Camacho.

Hector was another nutter, class fighter and originator of a lot of those flashy Prince Naseem type antics in terms of those dodgy enterances and that.  Got shot in his car in Puerto Rico a few years back.

And while we’re on the subject of latino nutters:

I remember him sparking up a fag after a fight once :lol:

Just ordered the Eubank fight good under card well worth just under £20 some think its expensive in the states most are like $79 imagine that......

28 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Just ordered the Eubank fight good under card well worth just under £20 some think its expensive in the states most are like $79 imagine that......

What Eubank fight?

43 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What Eubank fight?

He's fighting James DeGale.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, Len Cnut said:

When is this fight?

Poor Ole Cheeseman lost on Sat night didn't he ? 

On 02/02/2019 at 11:12 PM, Len Cnut said:

Ah right. Not really grabbing me that one I have to say. I suppose it's as good a fight sense wise for both that either can expect to put on at this point.

I put De Gale in the bracket of all them guys who were with Matchroom a few years ago and were world champions but never really could be classed elite world class because they didn't stay up there. People like Brook, Selby, Crolla. I think There were something like 9 or 10 world champions with Matchroom at one point I think most have lost the titles now though.

14 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Ah right. Not really grabbing me that one I have to say. I suppose it's as good a fight sense wise for both that either can expect to put on at this point.

I put De Gale in the bracket of all them guys who were with Matchroom a few years ago and were world champions but never really could be classed elite world class because they didn't stay up there. People like Brook, Selby, Crolla. I think There were something like 9 or 10 world champions with Matchroom at one point I think most have lost the titles now though.

DeGale is a two time world champion, defended his title a good few times against alright opposition, sort of scraped by though.  It'll be a good fight I think because DeGale is a bit fragile and a boxer whereas Eubanks only real talent or skill is that he goes for it, so its a good clash of styles, I have a feeling Eubanks gonna win but then Groves too is a bit fragile and he didn't get the job done there so who knows how it'll work out with this one.  They have some on-going animosity too for years now so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes.  At least I think so. 

Selby and Brook are tragic cases, Selby had all the skill but, again, fragile at the top level, don't respond well when you put it on him.  Brook, to me, had it all, he was the complete package...but they just protected him to death and suddenly woke up one day realising the cunts 30, he's been pro 12 years and he's not fought no one, so they panicked and stuck him in there with GGG and Errol Spence, two of the top 5 best fighters around today.  Tragic case really and justifies the old yank adage that British fighters are protected fighters.  Crolla was an overachiever really.

Edited by Len Cnut

Going to pay 99p for a dodgy stream of this one haven't got the £20 right now normally I would just pay the money but Feb is s tight tight month 

My man chiefed that coat off of Pat Butcher.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

😂😂😂

Dressed like Slick Rick, listening to Shante, nice one.

Hey, fair play to him, he earned it, you're lucky I ain't fuckin' minted, on the right day I'd be worse :lol:  I'd be like Michael Jackson, little monkey next to me dressed in a tux, platinum Rolls Royce, all that :lol: 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Hey, fair play to him, he earned it, you're lucky I ain't fuckin' minted, on the right day I'd be worse :lol:  I'd be like Michael Jackson, little monkey next to me dressed in a tux, platinum Rolls Royce, all that :lol: 

To be honest if I had that much money I would be a complete cunt 

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

To be honest if I had that much money I would be a complete cunt 

I'm a complete cunt regardless of my financial circumstances.

• Haha 2

Looks like AJ VS Miller will be 01/06/2019.

Plan is land in Thailand drop my bags off at the hotel head to the pub to watch the fight should be on around 10AM there