Jump to content
Len Cnut

The Boxing Thread

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip, 1968-2001. 

Last fight was a loss to Hector Camacho.

He's the Cliff Richard of boxing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

He's the Cliff Richard of boxing. 

There’s a film out about him starring Robert De Niro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip, 1968-2001. 

Last fight was a loss to Hector Camacho.

Hector was another nutter, class fighter and originator of a lot of those flashy Prince Naseem type antics in terms of those dodgy enterances and that.  Got shot in his car in Puerto Rico a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And while we’re on the subject of latino nutters:

I remember him sparking up a fag after a fight once :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered the Eubank fight good under card well worth just under £20 some think its expensive in the states most are like $79 imagine that......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Just ordered the Eubank fight good under card well worth just under £20 some think its expensive in the states most are like $79 imagine that......

What Eubank fight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What Eubank fight?

He's fighting James DeGale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, Len Cnut said:

He's fighting James DeGale.

When is this fight?

 

Poor Ole Cheeseman lost on Sat night didn't he ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2019 at 11:12 PM, Len Cnut said:

He's fighting James DeGale.

Ah right. Not really grabbing me that one I have to say. I suppose it's as good a fight sense wise for both that either can expect to put on at this point.

I put De Gale in the bracket of all them guys who were with Matchroom a few years ago and were world champions but never really could be classed elite world class because they didn't stay up there. People like Brook, Selby, Crolla. I think There were something like 9 or 10 world champions with Matchroom at one point I think most have lost the titles now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Ah right. Not really grabbing me that one I have to say. I suppose it's as good a fight sense wise for both that either can expect to put on at this point.

I put De Gale in the bracket of all them guys who were with Matchroom a few years ago and were world champions but never really could be classed elite world class because they didn't stay up there. People like Brook, Selby, Crolla. I think There were something like 9 or 10 world champions with Matchroom at one point I think most have lost the titles now though.

DeGale is a two time world champion, defended his title a good few times against alright opposition, sort of scraped by though.  It'll be a good fight I think because DeGale is a bit fragile and a boxer whereas Eubanks only real talent or skill is that he goes for it, so its a good clash of styles, I have a feeling Eubanks gonna win but then Groves too is a bit fragile and he didn't get the job done there so who knows how it'll work out with this one.  They have some on-going animosity too for years now so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes.  At least I think so. 

Selby and Brook are tragic cases, Selby had all the skill but, again, fragile at the top level, don't respond well when you put it on him.  Brook, to me, had it all, he was the complete package...but they just protected him to death and suddenly woke up one day realising the cunts 30, he's been pro 12 years and he's not fought no one, so they panicked and stuck him in there with GGG and Errol Spence, two of the top 5 best fighters around today.  Tragic case really and justifies the old yank adage that British fighters are protected fighters.  Crolla was an overachiever really.

Edited by Len Cnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to pay 99p for a dodgy stream of this one haven't got the £20 right now normally I would just pay the money but Feb is s tight tight month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My man chiefed that coat off of Pat Butcher.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

😂😂😂

 

Dressed like Slick Rick, listening to Shante, nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, fair play to him, he earned it, you're lucky I ain't fuckin' minted, on the right day I'd be worse :lol:  I'd be like Michael Jackson, little monkey next to me dressed in a tux, platinum Rolls Royce, all that :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Hey, fair play to him, he earned it, you're lucky I ain't fuckin' minted, on the right day I'd be worse :lol:  I'd be like Michael Jackson, little monkey next to me dressed in a tux, platinum Rolls Royce, all that :lol: 

To be honest if I had that much money I would be a complete cunt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

To be honest if I had that much money I would be a complete cunt 

I'm a complete cunt regardless of my financial circumstances.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like AJ VS Miller will be 01/06/2019.

 

Plan is land in Thailand drop my bags off at the hotel head to the pub to watch the fight should be on around 10AM there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×