The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Vasily Lomachenko fighting tonight against Anthony Million Dollar Crolla...Crollas gonna get fuckin' smashed.

I'm torn really because I love watching great fighters but not if it's a one sided battering. 

Predicting the outcome of fights seems a bit distasteful in a way especially one like this but I hope Crolla offers something, nicks a round or two and has negotiated a fucking big payday for his nights work.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I'm torn really because I love watching great fighters but not if it's a one sided battering. 

Predicting the outcome of fights seems a bit distasteful in a way especially one like this but I hope Crolla offers something, nicks a round or two and has negotiated a fucking big payday for his nights work.

Thing is though its not one sided cuz he’s picked a bum, Loma is just that fucking good,  I mean name the man at his natural weight that’ll give him a rough time, I cant see it.

Good little night of boxing on Saturday, cute little Sky card there with Lucas Browne vs Dave Allen headlining :lol:  Del Boy on the undercard against that mad Albanian fucker who tried to clump Tom Schwarz after the fight.  Then over in America in the wee hours Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford and an interesting little fight running concurrently, free to air I might add, on ITV4, Danny Garcia vs Adrian Granados.  I wish they wouldn't have these fuckin' bills on the same night, I find myself flipping from one to the other and I really wanted to see the Danny Garcia fight but I've laid out for the Amir Khan one. 

Funny how life works innit?  Danny Garcia beats Amir Khan, takes the titles, makes a good few defences against solid opposition, good hard fights some of em, barely loses to Thurman and Porter respectively, arguably two top 5 welterweights in the world right now and he's free to air and PBC...and meanwhile Amir Khan whoose been on I'm A Celebrity and knocking over bums is fighting Terence Crawford, a pound for pounder, on PPV. 

And we've got a new Tyan Booth video!

Come on, somebody else apart from me must find these funny :lol:@spunko12345, where are you mate, your sense of humour is sufficently low class to get this :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Good little night of boxing on Saturday, cute little Sky card there with Lucas Browne vs Dave Allen headlining :lol:  Del Boy on the undercard against that mad Albanian fucker who tried to clump Tom Schwarz after the fight.  Then over in America in the wee hours Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford and an interesting little fight running concurrently, free to air I might add, on ITV4, Danny Garcia vs Adrian Granados.  I wish they wouldn't have these fuckin' bills on the same night, I find myself flipping from one to the other and I really wanted to see the Danny Garcia fight but I've laid out for the Amir Khan one. 

Funny how life works innit?  Danny Garcia beats Amir Khan, takes the titles, makes a good few defences against solid opposition, good hard fights some of em, barely loses to Thurman and Porter respectively, arguably two top 5 welterweights in the world right now and he's free to air and PBC...and meanwhile Amir Khan whoose been on I'm A Celebrity and knocking over bums is fighting Terence Crawford, a pound for pounder, on PPV. 

And we've got a new Tyan Booth video!

Come on, somebody else apart from me must find these funny :lol:@spunko12345, where are you mate, your sense of humour is sufficently low class to get this :lol:

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean 😄 I'll have a look later. I'm a bit behind on the IFL vids. MJP is a quality interviewer aswell "Hey fight fans" 

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean 😄 I'll have a look later. I'm a bit behind on the IFL vids. MJP is a quality interviewer aswell "Hey fight fans" 

Well, you know what I mean, there's a few people on this forum who are suitably Primark enough for me to know for a certainty that they'll be onside with certain questionable levels of humour, McLeod is another one but being as how he ain't much into his boxing he won't know what Tyan is referring to so I chose an equal in low rent politically incorrect humour, which would be you :lol:  I mean, taffs and that, without tryna offend you you're not far off pakis on the social totem pole of British society, are you? :lol:  It goes the white working class, then underneath that you got jocks, paddys and taffs, then blacks and pakis :lol: You have the right sort of 'stick-10-quid-on-the-electric-meter', giro cheque, 50p chips, Mayfair Superkings sort of air about you that I feel comfortable that you'll get certain things that your average GnR fan perhaps might not.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well, you know what I mean, there's a few people on this forum who are suitably Primark enough for me to know for a certainty that they'll be onside with certain questionable levels of humour, McLeod is another one but being as how he ain't much into his boxing he won't know what Tyan is referring to so I chose an equal in low rent politically incorrect humour, which would be you :lol:  I mean, taffs and that, without tryna offend you you're not far off pakis on the social totem pole of British society, are you? :lol:  It goes the white working class, then underneath that you got jocks, paddys and taffs, then blacks and pakis :lol: You have the right sort of 'stick-10-quid-on-the-electric-meter', giro cheque, 50p chips, Mayfair Superkings sort of air about you that I feel comfortable that you'll get certain things that your average GnR fan perhaps might not.

You might be onto something there 😄 I find my low brow scumminess has a way of outing me at every turn. New year's eve my missus invited a few of her friends over and they were discussing what the latest books they had just read. It came to my turn and i had to reply "the Peter Crouch autobiography"😄

Not proud of that by the way just the truthfully answer 😄

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 1

Is this Khan fight worth paying for im all up for paying i do for everyone but hes well out of his depth here??

Im so looking forward too Canelo fight those who dont have Sky Sports can buy a day 24hr pass for only £8.99 after paying £19 every time thats a fucking bargain lols lols

39 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

You might be onto something there 😄 I find my low brow scumminess has a way of outing me at every turn. New year's eve my missus invited a few of her friends over and they were discussing what the latest books they had just read. It came to my turn and i had to reply "the Peter Crouch autobiography"😄

Not proud of that by the way just the truthfully answer 😄

I got a copy of Nigel Benns one somewhere, beat that :lol:  

25 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Is this Khan fight worth paying for im all up for paying i do for everyone but hes well out of his depth here??

Im so looking forward too Canelo fight those who dont have Sky Sports can buy a day 24hr pass for only £8.99 after paying £19 every time thats a fucking bargain lols lols

Depends how you quantify value, its all entertainment innit, a distraction, it ain’t gonna be Hagler Hearns but I’ve spunked off 20 notes on dumber things that an Amir Khan fight before now...anyway, the way I see it I’m paying to see Bud Crawford.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I got a copy of Nigel Benns one somewhere, beat that :lol:  

I've got a good Steve Bunce book on the Benn/Eubank fights. It focuses on those two and the domestic fights mainly but it's a brilliant snapshot of the whole Middleweight scene in the late 80s early 90s.

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

If he gets banned will they get anyone else in at this short notice? If so who'd be available/up for it?

Ortiz maybe. It's June isn't it.

1st of June yeah.  Dillian Whyte ain't signed up for nothing yet but I doubt he'll take it.

On 17/04/2019 at 10:36 AM, Len Cnut said:

1st of June yeah.  Dillian Whyte ain't signed up for nothing yet but I doubt he'll take it.

I think I'm gonna buy the Khan Crawford one. I love Amirs style and I've got a feeling this is gonna be a good fight. I'd love him to win this, it would be a sporting comeback as good as any.

• Haha 1