The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

50 minutes ago, moreblack said:

They were nowhere near the same level. Jesus.

The top 3 (well 2 now) and the rest of the division are kinda all like that, or mostly like that, thats why its such a shit division and thats why Wilder and Joshua have that knockout percentage that they have, the heavyweight division is so big now and its simply not natural to have skillful fighters at 17 and 18  stones...Ali, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey and them wouldn’t even register as heavyweights today.

I mean if you think about it Joshua is being called suspect now right...and hes fought a better class of contenders than Wilder...so what does that say about the division?  Its all hype, this ‘return of the heavyweights’ shit.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That wasn't a competition. This Tom Schwarz should fight with local guys, not in Las Vegas. That was embarrassing. Good for Fury that it didn't last longer than two rounds. 

You should youtube his fight against Senead Gashi for an idea of his quality level...I didnt even stay up for it, thats how shit it looked.

And don’t expect entertaining fights from Fury in the future either, they are never as good (or close to as good) as they game he talks.  His best win against Wlad will put you to sleep.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You should youtube his fight against Senead Gashi for an idea of his quality level...I didnt even stay up for it, thats how shit it looked.

And don’t expect entertaining fights from Fury in the future either, they are never as good (or close to as good) as they game he talks.  His best win against Wlad will put you to sleep.

Unfortunately I know Fury's fights and as I said, I don't like his style. But it's Heavyweight, so you never know. I heard of the Gashi fight and Schwarz's attempt to win per DQ but I didn't know how bad he really is.

Fury's a big mouth. As long as he fights pussies like Schwarz and don't win against one of the other two or three top HW's I can't consider him the No1 out there. Still Wilder for me.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You cant really consider anyone no 1 until the cunts fight each other :lol: 

But you have to admit, seemingly it's not Wilder's fault. He fought Ortiz and Fury in 2018. I don't think he was the one running from the AJ fight. He wanted the rematch with Fury but it was Fury who stepped back to fight a nobody like Tom Schwarz. Now Wilder accepted the rematch with Ortiz although the first fight wasn't an easy one. And he destroyed Breazeale within 2min. while Big Josh needed 7 rounds or something.

I think at the moment Wilder is the most courageous one.

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

But you have to admit, seemingly it's not Wilder's fault. He fought Ortiz and Fury in 2018. I don't think he was the one running from the AJ fight. He wanted the rematch with Fury but it was Fury who stepped back to fight a nobody like Tom Schwarz. Now Wilder accepted the rematch with Ortiz although the first fight wasn't an easy one. And he destroyed Breazeale within 2min. while Big Josh needed 7 rounds or something.

I think at the moment Wilder is the most courageous one.

Wilder has been a pro for 11 years and the only people you can name that he's fought is Ortiz and Wilder.  Fury was a pro for the same amount of time, hasn't even touched 30 fights in that time and the only people you can name on his resume are Klitschko and Wilder.  AJ has been a pro since 2013 and he's fought Joseph Parker, Povetkin, Takam, Klitschko (and knocked him out), Dillian Whyte who has since become arguably the 4th best HW in the world, Dominic Braezeale (who was undefeated until he met AJ), AJ has been matched harder than Wilder and Fury by far...and in a lot shorter time.  

As for ducking, I don't think either is ducking either, AJ was just a good looking marketable superstar pulling in sponsorship and money the likes of which Fury and Wilder could never have made no matter what they did so they thought 'shit, i want a piece of that' and played hardball in negotiations, looking for tens of millions to fight AJ to which AJs team basically thought, OK, we went out of our way to unify the belt in less time than these guys, who just stayed knocking over bums and then when our work is done they want in on the action to the tune of tens of millions when they ain't even touched 2 mil in their career best purses, nuh uh, we're not having that.  

Then a little fat kid came along :lol: But seriously, go through Wilders record, show me the live bodies on it pre-Ortiz...you can't cuz they ain't there.  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Wilder has been a pro for 11 years and the only people you can name that he's fought is Ortiz and Wilder.  Fury was a pro for the same amount of time, hasn't even touched 30 fights in that time and the only people you can name on his resume are Klitschko and Wilder.  AJ has been a pro since 2013 and he's fought Joseph Parker, Povetkin, Takam, Klitschko (and knocked him out), Dillian Whyte who has since become arguably the 4th best HW in the world, Dominic Braezeale (who was undefeated until he met AJ), AJ has been matched harder than Wilder and Fury by far...and in a lot shorter time.  

As for ducking, I don't think either is ducking either, AJ was just a good looking marketable superstar pulling in sponsorship and money the likes of which Fury and Wilder could never have made no matter what they did so they thought 'shit, i want a piece of that' and played hardball in negotiations, looking for tens of millions to fight AJ to which AJs team basically thought, OK, we went out of our way to unify the belt in less time than these guys, who just stayed knocking over bums and then when our work is done they want in on the action to the tune of tens of millions when they ain't even touched 2 mil in their career best purses, nuh uh, we're not having that.  

Then a little fat kid came along :lol: But seriously, go through Wilders record, show me the live bodies on it pre-Ortiz...you can't cuz they ain't there.  

Well, he fought Stiverne when he wasn't out of shape like in their second fight. He fought Chris Arreola, Molina and Dauhapas. Not top contender but it isn't like he fought just nobody's. Most importantly, since Ortiz he's going all in. I like that.

All in all you're right. AJ has the bigger names in his record but Whyte for example wasn't on the level on which he is now and Klitschko was way past his prime and already beaten by Fury.

And while he was like a mashine before, he became a boring fighter since he fought Klitschko IMO. 

We have to see how he's coming back after the loss to Ruiz.

20 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Well, he fought Stiverne when he wasn't out of shape like in their second fight. He fought Chris Arreola, Molina and Dauhapas. Not top contender but it isn't like he fought just nobody's. Most importantly, since Ortiz he's going all in. I like that.

All in all you're right. AJ has the bigger names in his record but Whyte for example wasn't on the level on which he is now and Klitschko was way past his prime and already beaten by Fury.

And while he was like a mashine before, he became a boring fighter since he fought Klitschko IMO. 

We have to see how he's coming back after the loss to Ruiz.

I think AJs is an extremely flawed fighter dont get me wrong, I just resent the idea that he’s a protected fighter (not that you said that, just that its been said and is said) compared to Wilder and Fury when one struggles to name anyone of note on their records and has to name Johan Duhapas and Eric Molina, for a record as deep as Wilders they are really fringe.  REALLY fringe.  AJ fought Molina too if I’m not mistaken, pretty early.  Might be wrong but I think he did.

As if I’ve said many times before the thing interesting about this crop of heavyweights, Fury, Wilder and AJ is that either of em could lose to the other on any given night, kinda like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran, the only difference is this was the case with the latter because they were so prodigiously talented, the former because they have so many shit points to their game :lol: 

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think AJs is an extremely flawed fighter dont get me wrong, I just resent the idea that he’s a protected fighter (not that you said that, just that its been said and is said) compared to Wilder and Fury when one struggles to name anyone of note on their records and has to name Johan Duhapas and Eric Molina, for a record as deep as Wilders they are really fringe.  REALLY fringe.  AJ fought Molina too if I’m not mistaken, pretty early.  Might be wrong but I think he did.

As if I’ve said many times before the thing interesting about this crop of heavyweights, Fury, Wilder and AJ is that either of em could lose to the other on any given night, kinda like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran, the only difference is this was the case with the latter because they were so prodigiously talented, the former because they have so many shit points to their game :lol: 

No it's quite the opposite. AJ started his career really well and Wilder was the protected fighter, that's for sure. He became a boxer when he was 20 or something, so he had to start low.

But that somehow changed during the last 18-24 months. Of course AJ fought some "names" since but Takam and Parker weren't really impressive wins and he kind of struggled with Povetkin in the first rounds. 

And again you right. All three of them can lose in any given time. Fury was down against Cunningham, and almost lost to Wilder in the 12th. Wilder needs the KO to win and he struggled against Ortiz in the 7th round. Almost lost to Fury if he weren't down twice.

AJ got rocked by Whyte and Povetkin. Ruiz finished him. Parker won against Ruiz.

Edited by Free Bird

No it's quite the opposite. AJ started his career really well and Wilder was the protected fighter, that's for sure. He became a boxer when he was 20 or something, so he had to start low.

Joshua started boxing really late too and has a lot less of an amateur pedigree as is made out by his gold medal (which I don't think he deserves, if you go watch that Olympic final there's no way he won that).  Thats part of why these guys are so shit, I've always maintained you can never be a boxing great if you get into the sport at that age...by that age you should be blossoming, the reflexes, the slips, the boxing brain, the instincts should be in full effect, you can't fuckin' learning how to throw a jab at that age, fuck me, some of em still ain't worked that bit out :lol:  With the heavyweight division especially, they think its a case of like, all it takes is to be a big fucker, you don't see this shit in the lower weights, pros who fuckin' only took the game up in their late teens.

• Like 1