The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

On 19/06/2019 at 5:13 PM, Gavin82 said:

I think he will win TBH no 1 expected him too win his last fight

Yes they did, Broners a wanker that no one rates :lol:  It was Broner he fought last wasn't it? 

I think the Thurman fights interesting, he's a quality operator is Thurman, taken some pretty sizeable scalps in Porter and Danny Garcia but since his lay off he looked shaky as fuck against Joseito Lopez, if it was just ring-rust and he's at top form for Pacquiao I think he edges it, you have to give him the advantage because what troubles Pacman is movement and Thurman has a lot of good movement.  But if his previous fight with Lopez wasn't just ring rust and the rumours that he is shot from that injury are true then I give Pacman a sizeable advantage.  So yeah, interesting fight.  But movement is the key, watch Thurman v Garcia and Thurman v Porter, he does the job with movement, footwork, keeping away and popping off shots.  If he can keep Pacman on the end of those shots Pac is in for a rough night.

And the key for Pacman is workrate, though Porter has an admirable workrate, he come from NFL so he's good with that head down bull charge shit...but smart movement.  And bodywork, Thurman is weak to the body.  Get him on the ropes and dig in with those body shots. 

See that at 44 seconds?  Weak to the body.  And thats against Luis Collazo.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I posted that when it looked like he was gonna get knocked out :lol: 

The scorecards were a bit harsh don't you reckon? Richards clearly won in the end with the last two rounds and shaking him twice but I thought the scores were a bit wide. 

Cheesemans feeling a little heat here.

29 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

The scorecards were a bit harsh don't you reckon? Richards clearly won in the end with the last two rounds and shaking him twice but I thought the scores were a bit wide. 

Takes the piss cuz it just shows that even if he had put that little extra work in he was still fucked.  

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What do you reckon, is Connor out of his depth?

Fugees 😎

Followed by his old mans walk in tune:

Takes me back, PROPER tune!  

Out of his depths?  Shouldn’t be, hes only a European level challenger this guy.

Edited by Len Cnut