The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

33 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I can't really blame these boxers for taking the easy route and chasing these Oil Barrons money.

I heard Fury got offered stupid cash to fight Klitch on a Yacht for there re match when he one the world title? I would of taken it straight away and stuck a good fortune up my hooter.

I don't blame em either, its just as a fight fan its hard for me to get excited about Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin the little Japanese boy...or Amir Khan vs Billy Dib, the Aussie featherweight putting on over a stone in weight and fighting on 8 days notice.  Go for the money by all means but at fight a live body at least, my role in this sport is the spectator, you've got to give me something worth spectating. 

A Rivas/Thurman acca is good money, tenner returns a ton.  If you look at it, Dillian Whyte struggled against Chisora before now, had a bit of a shaky one with Joe Parker...and Rivas is an olympian and a hard hitting one at that, undefeated, might be being slept on.  and Thurman I can see edging Pacman on points.

37 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Paquio called out Khan saying he's talking shit he won't be fighting again until next year.

As I was saying to you last week just cuz Khans saying it don't make it true.  In other news Lomachenko vs Luke Campbell, 31st August, Campbell is getting shagged.

Edited by Len Cnut

24 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Khan seems to chat a lot of bollocks?

They all do it really, don't they?  Khan could just mean 'I've signed my end of a contract', which don't really mean shit.  He's not the brightest of buttons is Amir.  I've heard some funny stories about him.  Stuff like he was, at least until he got married, a bit of a div.  Not that thats surprising but I mean on seriously spaccy levels.  His family, so I hear, sort of did everything for him (whilst doing him out of a lot of money) to the point where when he broke away from em he was like, clueless about shit, things would go wrong in his own, like household appliances...and he'd be fuckin' clueless as to how one goes about sorting such things out. 

14th Dec is what was just said on BBC news for the AJ re match in Cardiff i only live 35 mins away on train just looking @ Hotels Cardiffs selling fast & loads have SOLD OUT im not going ill watch on TV so get booking if your thinking of going boys n gals

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

14th Dec is what was just said on BBC news for the AJ re match in Cardiff i only live 35 mins away on train just looking @ Hotels Cardiffs selling fast & loads have SOLD OUT im not going ill watch on TV so get booking if your thinking of going boys n gals

Honestly I think you'd be better off spending your money to see Lomachenko vs Campbell, not necessarily for a competitive fight but because, decades from now you can say you saw the great Vasily Lomachenko live and in person.  AJs will probably be the better spectacle and overall jolly up but Lomachenko is something historic.  And who knows how often he'll find over here.  Loma tickets will probably be cheaper too.

• Like 1

Im npt going too either much better too watch on Tv i know a few people who too Silverstone otber wk paid £300 each tix & didnt see fcuk all said they never go again same as the boxing unless you get £££££££ seats may as well watch on Tv

Edited by Gavin82

What was said…

Whyte: ‘F****** hell.’

Hearn: ‘Alright, mate?’

Whyte: ‘F****** hell, Jesus Christ. I haven’t slept at all the last couple of days.’

Hearn: ‘Nor have I, but I didn’t have to fight.’

Whyte: ‘F***sake.’

Hearn: ‘Mate, that was the miracle of all miracles, wasn’t it?’

Whyte: ‘That’s the difference between being a professional…’

Hearn: ‘I had everything, I had a statement for you ready to go… and he just phoned me up and was like “we did it” and I was like “oh my God”.’

Whyte: ‘I need to keep my hair for some reason. It’s a f****** stitch-up, I passed tests in two days and then one in a million…’

Word is Charles Martin is the opponent lined up for Fury.  That would be the same Charles Martin with the tight shorts who laid down for Joshua to win his first title, the same one Ty Fury called an unworthy bum back then.  The same one who was making videos smoking spliffs whilst caning Joshua :lol: