The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Is anyone else sort of...mildly disinterested by this fight?  I mean Eddie Hearn would have you believe that its the fuckin' Thrilla in Manilla in Saudi but...I dunno.  First of all the undercard is pants, Dillian Whyte fighting Mariusz Wach for crying out loud?  Michael Hunter is a reasonable prospect.  And Ruiz vs Josh, for all the hype, its basically a rematch of a fuckin' failed walk over by Joshua...and could be the fight where Joshua is exposed and peoples suspicions about him are confirmed, that he ain't  all that necessarily...so with that in mind, we're paying a 25 quid PPV for...what exactly?

Honestly, on paper, Eubank Jnr vs Korobov over in the states looks a more mouth watering prospect, whatever you might think of Eubank Jnr, and lets face it he is highly flawed, he always comes to fight and if the opponent gives it to him he gives it right back, from a boxing perspective it has ever signifier of an interesting little scrap. 

I've ordered it and I'll watch it but the hype surrounding it is not even close to like, the reality of what we're gonna get.

Ruiz has come in 20 stone for this fight...Josh at his lightest at 16.4, I think Ruiz thinks he's chinny and is just looking to bang him whereas Josh is going to try (with the accent on TRY) to box.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When they're charging 20 odd quid for the thing I rather have no choice but to be disinterested!

Its a fiver extra than the usual 20 quid...with a shitter undercard.  I guess Hearn didn't feel he needed to bother with a good undercard with this.

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Can the Brits do away with Stones and just use kilos?

Cant remember the last time I actually ordered ppv. Iptv usually has quality streams.

I'll always use stones I'm afraid too late for me to change now. I wouldn't know what the equivilant to a stone is in kg. I don't have a clue what i weigh in kg. I've near enough got to get out a calculator to convert to pounds. 

• Like 1