The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

So...Dillian is cleared of his drugs charges and reinistated as mandatory and it is proposed by the WBC that he fight Tyson Fury for the WBC interim belt.  Well what the fuck does he wanna do that for if he's mandatory for Wilder, why not get the straight shot at Wilder?  I guess cuz Fury ran Wilder so close the last time around he figures high in their minds.  OR...they don't want a dirty great black fucker from Brixton to risk doing over Wilder in a fight that won't be worth as much for them as the Fury fight so stitch him up against Fury with the idea that he'll probably lose to him and then your money spinner with Fury and Wilder is back on.  In a further twist, Tyson Fury, prone as he is to gobbing off, has stated that he'll do the fight with Dillian IF they make it for the WBC diamond belt, the same thing he said last time a fight between Whyte and him was proposed by the WBC, before promptly backing out when the WBC oked it. 

Boxing is full of shit, as the magic man rightly said.

On 14/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Heard today that Joshua said that he'll fight either Fury or Wilder in 2020. Treat this news as you would news on a new Guns N' Roses album!

He won’t, he’ll fight Pulev and Usyk...in that order.  The only way he’ll fight Wilder is if he agrees to a 50/50 split on purses, which will more than likely be a last resort because Wilder doesn’t pull in anywhere near the revenue that Josh does.  The outcome of the Fury Wilder rematch will be telling in that regard, if Wilder loses he might be more amenable to a 70/30 split.  

Furys a wildcard, you can’t odds Fury, he may very well agree to fight AJ but he’ll use his recent high profile (putting a book out, going on the WWE) as proof that he’s worth at least 60/40.

If there is anything more unsettling to the stomach its listening to boxers talk business like bureaucrats, I mean can you imagine Roberto Duran moaning about his split?  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

He won’t, he’ll fight Pulev and Usyk...in that order.  The only way he’ll fight Wilder is if he agrees to a 50/50 split on purses, which will more than likely be a last resort because Wilder doesn’t pull in anywhere near the revenue that Josh does.  The outcome of the Fury Wilder rematch will be telling in that regard, if Wilder loses he might be more amenable to a 70/30 split.  

Furys a wildcard, you can’t odds Fury, he may very well agree to fight AJ but he’ll use his recent high profile (putting a book out, going on the WWE) as proof that he’s worth at least 60/40.

If there is anything more unsettling to the stomach its listening to boxers talk business like bureaucrats, I mean can you imagine Roberto Duran moaning about his split?  

Don't shoot the messenger. 

Some alright fights tonight, Liam Williams vs that weird named lanky fucker whoose name escapes me at the moment, then Daniel Dubois, the next great British heavyweight prospect...then later tonight Charlo vs Harrison the rematch.  Later tonight, early hours of the morning I should say.

What the fuck did i just watch what was Frank Warren thinking cant believe that shit was main card Ex martial arts expert with pink fucking hair.....!!!!!! 

Funniest thing ive ever seen thought he was going too pull a guitar out for fucks sake hes getting rinsed on social media

4 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

What the fuck did i just watch what was Frank Warren thinking cant believe that shit was main card Ex martial arts expert with pink fucking hair.....!!!!!! 

Funniest thing ive ever seen thought he was going too pull a guitar out for fucks sake hes getting rinsed on social media

Liam Williams looked good.

• Like 1

Charlo vs Harrison should be good tonight,  undercard is underway.

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Well Anthony Joshua fought a christmas pudding a few days back and everyone thought that was great :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Looks like May 2nd is confirmed Canelo v Billy Jo in Vegas

I've heard the opposite, Oscar De La Hoya has come out in an interview saying Bill ain't the next opponent. Mind you he hasn't been getting on too well with Canelo recently, despite being his promoter.

20 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

See what I mean, first article says its off, second says its on, this shit is like transfer news mate, don't believe shit until you hear it from the fighters.

20 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What a knob head didn't Khan have a similar issue before and some young Asian lads jacked his Passport and bag? LOL

Sort of similar in that he got robbed but thats about it, Amir weren't mouthing off and effectively challenging would be burglars at any point :lol:  The Charlos got robbed too, in some nightclub a few months back.  Of their jewellery.  By birds :lol: