The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Was that the white bloke who's been with him for years? Older fella?

Nah, this ones a black geezer, ex WBA World Champion, once beat Britains Lloyd Honeyghan, for a point of reference.  The white guy didn't throw in the towel, Mark Breland did.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/25/anthony-dirrell-responds-deontay-wilder-blaming-tyson-fury-loss-12301813/

Apparently now Wilder is blaming Anthony Dirrell.  Dirrel, for those who don't know is a former super middleweight champion who trains with Furys trainer out of the Kronk gym who was ringside and apparently influenced Mark Breland (Wilders cornerman) to throw in the towel, with the conspiracy theory being that since Dirrell trains with Furys trainer he was trying to influence the outcome in favour of his boy.

22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/25/anthony-dirrell-responds-deontay-wilder-blaming-tyson-fury-loss-12301813/

Apparently now Wilder is blaming Anthony Dirrell.  Dirrel, for those who don't know is a former super middleweight champion who trains with Furys trainer out of the Kronk gym who was ringside and apparently influenced Mark Breland (Wilders cornerman) to throw in the towel, with the conspiracy theory being that since Dirrell trains with Furys trainer he was trying to influence the outcome in favour of his boy.

Can't he just go with the "I got my fucking head kicked in" explanation like everybody else?

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can't he just go with the "I got my fucking head kicked in" explanation like everybody else?

There's been some funny excuses in boxing over the years y'know.

David Haye vs Klitschko = David Haye: I hurt my little toe

Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran = Roberto Duran:  I drank a hot coffee and a cold drink of water and it gave me stomach cramps

Alexander Povetkin vs Marco Huck = Alexander Povetkin: he stank

On 25/02/2020 at 2:07 PM, Len Cnut said:

I remember that comment.  The worst Mike Tyson would decapitate the best Wilder.

Tyson even had better excuses for losing. 

On losing to Buster Douglas in 1990.

“I was fucking them Japanese girls like I was eating grapes.”

:lol: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He’s fired him y’know.

Sad but not surprising. 

Did he think he was gonna turn it around if he stayed in the fight? because it looked more and more like it would take a miracle. The "eraser" was not there anymore with those legs all messed up like that. No at that point he was flirting with long term permanent brain scramble. 

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

Sad but not surprising. 

Did he think he was gonna turn it around if he stayed in the fight? because it looked more and more like it would take a miracle. The "eraser" was not there anymore with those legs all messed up like that. No at that point he was flirting with long term permanent brain scramble. 

I think its fuckin' stupid.  This man thats been eating with you for over a decade is gonna sell you out...for what exactly?  He's gonna fuck up his money just cuz he used to share a sweatbox with Sugar Hill, thats the stupidest shit I ever heard, you're his fuckin' meal ticket, how the fuck does he benefit from Fury beating Wilder?

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Amazing! :lol: 

Y'know, in reference to that scene, Joe Louis was indeed old and finished when he fought Marciano, like SERIOUSLY finished, bankrupt and fighting to pay back the tax man.  Apparently they would be there, at his fights, with their eyes on the gate reciepts, it was that bad for Joe Louis at that time, who was in his late 30s at the time (which was considered aincent for a fighter back then) fighting I think his 70th professional bout. 

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/boxing/5156315/tyson-fury-confirmed-to-fight-deontay-wilder-in-trilogy-rematch-this-summer-in-us-leaving-joshua-in-lurch-says-warren/

Frank W confirms the re match over the coming summer end July in Vegas basbeall Stadium is what looking  at before the Olympic Games  in Tokyp 

Edited by Gavin82

Risky, Fury and AJ could both lose these fights. I hope they haven't stretched if one fight too far before making the unification fight.

If they both come through them they've played a blinder though and it'll be the biggest fight in British boxing ever.

It's gotta be Dillian Whyte v the winner after that and then I'm not too bothered what this generation of heavies do, they'll have done all that anyone could excpect. Retire hopefully, healthy with fat bank accounts.