The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Floyd Mayweathers ex, the mother of his kids, the one that he got done for beating up, who had a lawsuit on-going against him for 20 mil, has been found dead in the back of a car.  Unknown reasons. 

It was cheaper? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It was cheaper? :lol: 

Funnily enough his mate (or ex mate) 50 Cent is on record saying similar in a radio interview to an interviewer who suggested that if 50 Cent ever smacked him he'd be on a good earner there cuz he could sue him for millions. Fif' asked 'how much do you think it costs to get someone shot in NY these days?  six bags?' :lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Roger Mayweather has passed away R.I.P

They're dropping like flies around Floyd, first his ex now Rog'.  Rog' was a fucking good fighter y'know.  Damn good.  World champion, though he lost at the top top level in his prime, against the likes of Julio Cesar Chavez and Pernell Whittaker, arguably two of the greatest fighters of all time, Chavez looked for a while like he was gonna go the rest of his life undefeated.  You don't really get much better than Chavez and Pernell. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Billy Joe you silly boy.

Blown his shot at fight Canelo for a while .. Yes it was a Joke but a pretty silly one to make in the public eye.

I don’t reckon he’s blown his chance at all, coronavirus might have but otherwise I don’t see that this has any bearing on the fight, minor ting.

On 07/04/2020 at 10:23 AM, Len Cnut said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8191547/Joshua-breaks-Mike-Tyson-BEATEN-Muhammed-Ali-heavyweight-prime.html

Bollocks.  Better science helped him against Andy Ruiz eh?  Tyson would get washed by Ali, especially an in prime Ali. 

Maybe, but remember ali fought alot of smaller guys, he was fucked when cooper caught him so tysons power and speed would trouble him, frazer gave ali nightmares in the 1st and 3rd fight so theres no reason to say a prime tyson couldnt do the same, im no saying tyson would beat him but he could

2 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

Maybe, but remember ali fought alot of smaller guys, he was fucked when cooper caught him so tysons power and speed would trouble him, frazer gave ali nightmares in the 1st and 3rd fight so theres no reason to say a prime tyson couldnt do the same, im no saying tyson would beat him but he could

Ali had a chin of granite, I can’t see Mike pointsing him, it’d have to be a knockout...and Ali fought the biggest punchers in heavyweight history, Shavers, Foreman, Liston, Terrell, Cleveland Williams etc weren’t exactly small compared to Tyson either.  Also, Ali had heart, at the 11th hour when his back was up against the wall Tyson always jacked it in, a moving dancing Ali would’ve just jabbed his head off, Tyson suffered from a lack of heart, Tyson never really beat a great fighter in their prime, which hurts to say cuz Mike is a hero of mine.

Its all fuckin’ projection end of the day though, who knows.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ali had a chin of granite, I can’t see Mike pointsing him, it’d have to be a knockout...and Ali fought the biggest punchers in heavyweight history, Shavers, Foreman, Liston, Terrell, Cleveland Williams etc weren’t exactly small compared to Tyson either.  Also, Ali had heart, at the 11th hour when his back was up against the wall Tyson always jacked it in, a moving dancing Ali would’ve just jabbed his head off, Tyson suffered from a lack of heart, Tyson never really beat a great fighter in their prime, which hurts to say cuz Mike is a hero of mine.

Its all fuckin’ projection end of the day though, who knows.

It is all projection, when you said that it reminded me of something.  When I was a kid I saw this documentary that had a hypothetical fight between Ali and Marciano. They had archival footage and scored each round. They even had commentary, might've been someone like Bert Sugar but I'm not sure.  I thought it was cool as hell at the time but it was probably lame.😄 And I can't remember who they had winning.

Edit: It was called The Super Fight, they had Ali winning by KO in the 13th. 

Edited by lame ass security

4 hours ago, lame ass security said:

It is all projection, when you said that it reminded me of something.  When I was a kid I saw this documentary that had a hypothetical fight between Ali and Marciano. They had archival footage and scored each round. They even had commentary, might've been someone like Bert Sugar but I'm not sure.  I thought it was cool as hell at the time but it was probably lame.😄 And I can't remember who they had winning.

Edit: It was called The Super Fight, they had Ali winning by KO in the 13th. 

Didn’t they have Marciano winning?