Jump to content
Len Cnut

The Boxing Thread

Recommended Posts

Rumours are Billy Joe Saunders might be up for a shot at Canelo next!  GO ON BILL!  Set to be announced next week.  Rumours so far though.

Edited by Len Cnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Young prospect Jarron Ennis, 22 years old, 24 fights, 23 knockouts, currently ranked 8th in the welterweight division with one of the top governing bodies, look to be one to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 11:44 AM, Len Cnut said:

Rumours are Billy Joe Saunders might be up for a shot at Canelo next!  GO ON BILL!  Set to be announced next week.  Rumours so far though.

May 2nd is the rumour date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like May 2nd is confirmed Canelo v Billy Jo in Vegas

Edited by Gavin82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Looks like May 2nd is confirmed Canelo v Billy Jo in Vegas

I've heard the opposite, Oscar De La Hoya has come out in an interview saying Bill ain't the next opponent. Mind you he hasn't been getting on too well with Canelo recently, despite being his promoter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

See what I mean, first article says its off, second says its on, this shit is like transfer news mate, don't believe shit until you hear it from the fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What a knob head didn't Khan have a similar issue before and some young Asian lads jacked his Passport and bag? LOL

Sort of similar in that he got robbed but thats about it, Amir weren't mouthing off and effectively challenging would be burglars at any point :lol:  The Charlos got robbed too, in some nightclub a few months back.  Of their jewellery.  By birds :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Sort of similar in that he got robbed but thats about it, Amir weren't mouthing off and effectively challenging would be burglars at any point :lol:  The Charlos got robbed too, in some nightclub a few months back.  Of their jewellery.  By birds :lol: 

Bet in general Boxers get a lot of wannabe geeza's trying to fight em and that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

£19.95 do we know?

I seen £24.95 but it was someone saying that its not confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I seen £24.95 but it was someone saying that its not confirmed

That was the Sky price for the AJ fight so makes sense for BT to follow suit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2020 at 10:06 AM, Len Cnut said:

How the fuck can he afford to drop 300 grand on a watch and a car? And fuck knows what else. What would his average purse be, a fighter like that? It's cant be from his father either as he went broke

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

How the fuck can he afford to drop 300 grand on a watch and a car? And fuck knows what else. What would his average purse be, a fighter like that? It's cant be from his father either as he went broke

 

Easily, these big celebrity fighters make money other places apart from fight purses, he’s probably cracked at least a mil or so on at least a couple of his high profile fights...all that TV time too, plus he’s done a bit of modelling if I’m not mistaken. Plus I don’t believe his old man was very broke, he was rich man broke, chapter 11 broke, the kind of broke that could pay off our mortgages and then some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Easily, these big celebrity fighters make money other places apart from fight purses, he’s probably cracked at least a mil or so on at least a couple of his high profile fights...all that TV time too, plus he’s done a bit of modelling if I’m not mistaken. Plus I don’t believe his old man was very broke, he was rich man broke, chapter 11 broke, the kind of broke that could pay off our mortgages and then some.

Yeah he will make a fair share of his money from endorsement deals.

 

The rich get richer if he is smart he would also have a plot of investments stocks shares bonds ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The rich get richer if he is smart he would also have a plot of investments stocks shares bonds ect.

My brother has said since day 1 that Eubank is not interested in any boxing or proper boxing titles, he’s interested in rinsing as much money as he can out of the situation, much like his old man.  See we rate Eubank Snr over here but he did much the same thing.  Of his era he only really fought Benn and Watson, domestic rivals, the rest of his record number of title fights were against bums.  Last fights of his career against quality operators in Collins (and he weren’t even that quality) and Calzaghe he lost, his career was a very well managed one.  Remember, this is a middleweight era that included Roy Jones, James Toney, Mike McCallum, Gerald McLlelan, absolutely stacked with top quality operators if Eubank had fancied it.

Of the british middleweights of that era it was actually Benn who really took people on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news, Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce is apparently all agreed for April 18th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×