The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

post Tyson Fury this is gonna become a fuckin' trend y'know, going all out with the barracking. Y'know what Eubanks position is? 'We're going to bwing claathh back to bock-thhhing' :lol: Y'know what, i actually agree with him, not just in terms of conduct but in terms of like, Eubank Jnr has been bought up the proper way, fighting decent people and then lining a British Title fight within 13 fights, he's being bought up right.

I really really really really want Eubank Jnr to do well, at first just out of love for his old man but after a few fights I've really come to like the kid himself too. Eubank was the man when i was growing up, him and Nigel Benn.

I just finished a book called the hate game all about the Benn Eubank rivalry. The way Eubank behaved was captivating I remember as a kid really wanting him to lose cos he had me hook line and sinker with his schstick as I watched every time ITV showed his fights.

There's a great story in that book about him and a driver of his getting locked outside the security gates of his mansion. Eubanks all done up in his fuckin monacle

, jodpurs and pristine riding boots. the driver says put your foot on my hand and I'll give you a Jimmy up over the gate. Eubank looks down his nose at the fella and says "well OK then, as long as your handths are clean" brilliant!

Edited by spunko12345

I'd be interested to read that book, it's all about the actual rivalry yeah? I'll have to grab me a copy. You could tell Benns got the personality of a dickhead eh? :lol: Fuckin' sad thing was out of all of them the nicest lad was actually Michael Watson, shame he ended like he did, Gooner too, if i may slip that in there :D

As sick as this may sound that was Eubanks finest hour, the second fight against Watson, the one that disabled Watson. Simply because, look, it's round 11, he's lost on points, Watson floors him, he gets up and with the VERY NEXT punch he puts Watson down, I mean it's like Rocky type stuff, eh? And then goes out and does him in the 12 and final round, it's sad what happened to Watson but it's literally the most dramatic thing I've ever seen in a ring, or one of them. There was literally no way he could've won that fight from the 11th on except in the way he did, losing on points, on the seat of his pants and he just goes 'right, fuck you' and gets up and ends the fuckin' job.

Makes me sick saying that in view of what happened to Watson. TIm Westwood was actually in Watsons corner, apparently paramedics took him to the wrong hospital first off and all sorts. Y'know what else? Watch them old english fights, watching them now, in the light of the 21st Century you actually see what grim intimidating un-glitzy smoke filled football hooligan populated do's they were.

Classic times man, weird how you don't think so when they're happening though eh? I suppose it was just what we had so you don't any different.

Douglin is eating Groveses fuckin' jab...testament to his lack of power, actually quite close, Groves is slowly getting exposed...overall i mean, in his career. Oddly enough James DeGales been doing better of late, which is odd considering Groves won their fight and was the one tipped to go on and do well.

And no soon as i say that does Groves knocks him out :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Looking forward to Pac-Algieri, intriguing match up, we know Manny can dismantle first face brawlers however formidable, I like seeing him against other guys, Algieri is as slick as they come. Sure Herrera beat Provodnikov but let's be fair, that guy is a cold killer and Algieri got up from the canvas twice. I think Algieri would have gone on a decent run if he wasn't 'fed' to Pac at this point. He might still but I've got it 70-30 in favour of Manny, this matches up the same as Bradley odds since TB is a seriously class boxer but he can brawl and give the other guy something to think about, Algieri doesn't do that but I'm unsure whether this is gonna help or hinder him.

Hope the Buffster is ready for his moment ''THE FIGHTING PRIDE OF THE PHILLIPINES... MANNY PACMAN PACQUIAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo''

Zou's fuckin' eye looks like it should be slung on a grill for 20 mins and served up with BBQ sauce. Bit of a poker really.

Again, no soon as i say that the guy makes me look a cunt and scores a knockdown, second time thats happened tonight :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Main thoughts, we gotta remember Pacquiao is about ten times as savvy as Provodnikov, Algieri took Prov's bombs eventually and had enough pop himself to keep that beast honest, Manny can maneuvre folk with the highest IQ into potentially lethal situations however.

BS knockdown he slipped, test of Algieri's focus here.

Putting up a good fight, but a good fight is nowhere near enough to challenge Pacman.

LOL Algieri's trainer 'he's going to put him to sleep'.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pacquiao is one lethal bastard once he nails you, props to Algieri but his trainer is a fucking retard.

Put the guy out of his misery ref.

Putting up a good fight, but a good fight is nowhere near enough to challenge Pacman.

LOL Algieri's trainer 'he's going to put him to sleep'.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pacquiao is one lethal bastard once he nails you, props to Algieri but his trainer is a fucking retard.

Put the guy out of his misery ref.

Chris, do you see what happenin' here, do you see, do you see?!?! :lol:

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6NAhM0GLs

I'd be very interested to see American opinions on this lad, Ronnie, TWAT and anyone else with 10 mins to spare :)

Haha, that was interesting. From Jr.'s demeanor in the ring to his dad just standing there, staring in his suit between rounds. Siala was obviously outmatched--there were some really slow punches thrown by him, especially the hooks--but, Eubank was still impressive and fun to watch. Showed off some quick hands that also packed power. That uppercut that began the stoppage sequence was vicious. Will be interested to see if he can easily dispose of Saunders. Has he been able to show off his defense in any other fights--really didn't get a lot of opportunities in that one? Provided some extra serious-looking showboating with that wandering around the ring thing he did. Liked how his dad redirected the interview back to being about Jr. post-match.

I like that Eubanks is active. Guys fought like 6 times this year. Hes got great power with both hands to. As soon as he stops clowning around and steps up in competition, I think he can do some damage in the middleweight class. GGG, Canelo might be a year or two away but there's plenty of good fights out there for him or will be.

Is this dude under Al Haymons thumb?? Fuckin prick.