The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Mayweather once again taunting Pacquiao by posting a vid of his knockout to Marquez, he seems too thick to comprehend that another man took on his boogey man four times and got hell in return and created 4 classics and came out victorious... what a strange man to believe this computes to Mayweather KO6 Pacquiao... absolute idiot. Yeah he decisioned JMM easily but I reckon Pacquiao wouldn't have struggled too much with Maidana. Pac also dominated Rios, Bradley and Algieri lately. Like Pacman says 'If I'm such an easy fight, what's the problem making the fight?' still think it's a Floyd decision as a result but what a way to shit on your legacy continuously.

I was watching some fights with Nigel Benn, Eubanks Sr, Gerald McClennan, Julian Jackson, a young Joe Calzaghe. Some great action in those fights. Was a good time for boxing back then.

Also was watching some Floyd Patterson fights....so awesome seeing him use the Peek a Boo years before Mike Tyson. It also dawned on me that Cus Damato had the two youngest heavyweight champions. Great eye and an amazing trainer. The early videos of Cus n Teddy Atlas/Kevin Rooney turning Tyson into a wrecking machine are great to watch.

Also watched a good interview with Jim Jacobs. He was Tysons handler prior to Don King.

Peekaboo style dont do much good for tall rangey fighters though, also you gotta move your head but the rotation, the twist, needs to come from your waist, which Pattersons didnt. He was also quite chinny but yeah Patterson was the youngest before Mike. First man to ever regain the title too.

Ever see the vid of him knocking out Ingemar Johanssen in the rematch? He was out cold, with his foot twitching.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Dunno why but I'm kinda nervous for little Chris. Sounds stupid but its a like a member of my familys fighting, really hope he does well tonight.

Fury v Chisora looks uh, interesting!

Terence Crawford tonight too, who i think is gonna be a fuckin' G.

Edited by Lennie Godber

I was watching some fights with Nigel Benn, Eubanks Sr, Gerald McClennan, Julian Jackson, a young Joe Calzaghe. Some great action in those fights. Was a good time for boxing back then.

Also was watching some Floyd Patterson fights....so awesome seeing him use the Peek a Boo years before Mike Tyson. It also dawned on me that Cus Damato had the two youngest heavyweight champions. Great eye and an amazing trainer. The early videos of Cus n Teddy Atlas/Kevin Rooney turning Tyson into a wrecking machine are great to watch.

Also watched a good interview with Jim Jacobs. He was Tysons handler prior to Don King.

Peekaboo style dont do much good for tall rangey fighters though, also you gotta move your head but the rotation, the twist, needs to come from your waist, which Pattersons didnt. He was also quite chinny but yeah Patterson was the youngest before Mike. First man to ever regain the title too.

Ever see the vid of him knocking out Ingemar Johanssen in the rematch? He was out cold, with his foot twitching.

Yea, Floyd didn't have it perfected like Tyson did either. But Mike was definatly taylor made for the Peek a Boo as far as body style etc....

I did catch that fight with Floyd n Johansonn. I love how Floyd sometimes leaves his feet when he throws his left hook. Puttin everything into it.

Oh & Hail Hail to Mickey......

I said that at the fifth...chris just won the next 3 rounds, this is actually quite exciting...not cuz it's some great fight but it's a good one, warming up...COME ON CHRIS!!!!

Looked like he was doing Chris in the 9th then he (Billy Joe) just got fuckin' laced up! :D

Edited by Lennie Godber

Fury vs Chisora was one of the most boring fights I've seen in a while. Chisora is just average at everything, Fury has matured a lot and used his distance brilliantly, also fought almost entirely in southpaw :lol: Against a solid guy, he's average but that's not piss poor, against a game competitor that's pretty nuts.

I just checked out ESPN, didn't see anything about them fighting.

In other news anyone see the new HoF'ers?

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/

I'm on the fence with Naseem, despite his record.

Same with "Boom Boom", but I'd take him before Hamed.

As for ' Big Daddy' his trilogy with Holyfield was legendary and the fight/debacle with Golata memorable but I don't think I'd put him in first time around at least. Good puncher and a good record. Had he fight Lewis and won, maybe I think differently. I think he'd need another big won too.