Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Overrated is pretty much a must have in the CV of the most pushed guys. Hogan, Cena, Taker, Flair, HHH, Nash (the whole clique really except HBK) the list goes on...

In terms of what though? As a wrestler? On the mic? As a persona?

Hogan is shit in the ring and on the mic. Always has been. But as a persona he's near untouchable. Taker as well, and in the day he could definitely go in the ring too. I wouldn't even put Flair in this list. Whereas a guy like Nash is overrated in pretty much every way. So far that he had to give himself his biggest pushes in WCW. :lol:

Pretty telling how Vince just had nothing when asked about Cesaro. No reasonable explanation for why he hasn't made it in the business.

Just a bunch of mumbling about lack of charisma. I think he even threw in "because he's Swiss.." during it. :lol:

Yeah, sure. Cause Gangrel ever even got the PPV programs Bray had.

Don't remember Gangrel vs. The Rock, Steve Austin or The Undertaker in semi Main Events in the attitude era.

Yeah I'm not saying Bray will fizzle out like Gangrel did, but I can definitely see at least Harper ending up bigger than Bray, and with Rowan's new Eugene-esque gimmick, he has a shot too. Bray's been floundering around in the midcard since the Cena feud, and his associates are doing much better now that they're away from him.

Edited by bacardimayne

haha, yeah, the Swiss comment was gold :lol:

I think Cesaro is the perfect example of Vince NOT listening to the audience. The fans wanted to cheer Cesaro, the swing was over, all his big moves were over but they put him with Heyman which made him a heel by association and it fucked his whole push and he's been directionless ever since