Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Hojo's so much better than the other female wrestlers they have, it's just a shame WWE isn't a wrestling promotion and she's not going to be doing 1990's AJPW Women's style matches anywhere anyway. 

Hope she makes alot of money before they Bayley her. Apparently agreed to a pay cut to work there (though I might be mistaken and it was Io Shirai).

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Hojo's so much better than the other female wrestlers they have, it's just a shame WWE isn't a wrestling promotion and she's not going to be doing 1990's AJPW Women's style matches anywhere anyway. 

Hope she makes alot of money before they Bayley her. Apparently agreed to a pay cut to work there (though I might be mistaken and it was Io Shirai).

I guess Asuka will be their first crack at trying to make a Japanese female star in the main roster. That will tell us a lot about where they can go with Kairi.

So let me get this straight. Yesterday, we complained because WWE was going to job Kairi Hojo to Baszler. Today, now that they didn't do that, we're complaining about how they might book Hojo? Just want to make sure I don't accidentally enjoy something that the IWC says is shit.

But why would I focus on the fact that, in the PG era, in 2017, Kevin Steen opened up VKM with a hard-way headbutt before hitting him with a Bullfrog Splash? There's stuff that hasn't happened yet for me to whine about!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

So let me get this straight. Yesterday, we complained because WWE was going to job Kairi Hojo to Baszler. Today, now that they didn't do that, we're complaining about how they might book Hojo? Just want to make sure I don't accidentally enjoy something that the IWC says is shit.

But why would I focus on the fact that, in the PG era, in 2017, Kevin Steen opened up VKM with a hard-way headbutt before hitting him with a Bullfrog Splash? There's stuff that hasn't happened yet for me to whine about!

I think you're the first person besides JBL I've heard actually say "bullfrog splash". I like it. "I love it, Maggle!"

In fairness he uses alot of verbiage in this thread that I've never heard/seen anyone else use. Honestly can't believe the term "IWC" is being used in 2017 either, but hey no offense intended.

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

That will tell us a lot about where they can go with Kairi.

Not sure on Kari, but supposedly it was Io who they tried to get at the same time that would have had to take a pretty big paycut. Io was the top star in Stardom, so it's probably slightly different from Kari.

However Stardom don't exactly run huge crowds. It really makes me question how much money some talent in NXT are getting paid working for a billion dollar company if a niche indie Women's Wrestling company that can only draw a thousand on their best day is out paying WWE.

As for what they'll do with her; we've already seen from history what they do with female talent, especially those that get over before Vince has had a chance to mold them; see Bayley/Sasha. 

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, Bono said:

THe headbutt Kevin Owens gave Vince looked real. It grosses me out to watch it. 

There is absolutely no way it wasn't a shoot headbutt. Vince's hands never go to his face between the headbutt and when he starts bleeding on the ground. He couldn't have bladed, he got opened up the hard way. 

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Pretty shocking of Vince to have Kevin do that.

The Shibata thing was only a few months ago and let's remember, it was Shibata that got the injury giving one. Forget that Vince is 72, Owens could injured himself.

They're in the middle of a concussion law suit too.

With that background, the whole story is pretty gross. The billionaire telling the wrestler that he'll stall the lawsuit is the good guy, the worker protecting his health and safety on the job is the bad guy for threatening to sue. Not a good look.  

Watched a bit of CMLL's 84th Anniversary Show at the weekend.

I really think it might have been my 2nd favorite promotion if I actually had time to watch wrestling regularly.

The camera work/presentation is all what wrestling should look like in 2017 in my opinion, it's anti-AAA. AAA comes across as a carny Mexican equivalent of TNA. CMLL looks fantastic, probably better than NJPW at major shows.

I can't watch SmackDown!/RAW with the camera work with those silly angles and zoom-ins is headache inducing.

If you've never watched CMLL before, this is what it looks like;

WhatCulture is officially dead Adams Pacitti and Blampied, King Ross, Jack the Jobber, and Sam Driver are all leaving. Hard to see how the YouTube page stays as popular. And it's the entire creative team behind WCPW. After a meteoric rise over the past year or two, it's insane to see this happen and I'll be curious to see where it goes.  

Edited by axlslash
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, axlslash said:

WhatCulture is officially dead Adams Pacitti and Blampied, King Ross, Jack the Jobber, and Sam Driver are all leaving. Hard to see how the YouTube page stays as popular. And it's the entire creative team behind WCPW. After a meteoric rise over the past year or two, it's insane to see this happen and I'll be curious to see where it goes.  

Why are they all leaving all of a sudden?

Also, where are they going? 

Ps. 

Or is this the greatest work in WhatCulture/WCPW history? 

Edited by username

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Holy fuck. I can't stand King Ross but I like the others especially Blampied. Him and Simon are my favourites. 

16 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Hopefully it's a "harmless rib."

I dont know, this seems like a pretty harmful rib...

I'm guessing that they're leaving to start a stand-alone platform. WhatCulture is a big site and the wresting was only one piece of it. If they feel like they can keep producing and supporting a platform and do it as owners rather than employees, more power to them. Just hoping they keep producing, 'cause they're all at least smart and passionate fans, even if some of the schtick gets old. 

Curious why they left and Simon (my favorite of the bunch) stayed behind...