Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

Rumor is Brock vs Jinder is on the table for Survivor Series. So we either job Brock out to Mahal and ruin the build for his Mania match, or we see Mahal lose like the non-credible champ he is accused of being. Talk about lose-lose. 

One on one? Or more of a team Brock vs. Team Jinder SS match? The latter could be salvaged. 

20 hours ago, axlslash said:

Non-title, just for brand supremacy / bragging rights. So not even a unification match to get rid of the fruit roll up. 

That is stupid. So basically Brock going over for no reason and Jinder looking like a chump and the RAW brand being elevated for no apparent reason but to do it. No way they put Jinder over Brock

13 hours ago, Bono said:

That is stupid. So basically Brock going over for no reason and Jinder looking like a chump and the RAW brand being elevated for no apparent reason but to do it. No way they put Jinder over Brock

Let's be honest - nobody is going over clean here. I bet the Singh Brothers get Jinder DQ'd or something. 

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I don't watch the show regularly. Apart from the fact that it's fucking terrible, I don't want to be embarrassed.

demonabigail.jpg

Is Bray Wyatt doing a transvestite gimmick now?

He's been possessed by her spirit. Or something. It's not the worst idea for a storyline, honestly, but it's been abysmally executed. This feud needs to make like Sister Abigail and be set on fire by Randy Orton. 

7 minutes ago, axlslash said:

This feud needs to make like Sister Abigail and be set on fire by Randy Orton. 

Should Bray lose again he should disappear from TV for a while.

The only way for both of them to look strong here is if they both disappear mid-match because of spooky shenanigans.

6 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

The only way for both of them to look strong here is if they both disappear mid-match because of spooky shenanigans.

They should never have split up The Wyatt Family, Bray has been a jobber since he switched to raw.

Wouldn't it be great if at TLC the Shield was about to lose to the  Miz & Co.... because well 5 vs 3 but just as that was about to happen PAIGE came running out and hit someone with a chair or something and the Shield won and had it's first female member in Paige

6 hours ago, Bono said:

Wouldn't it be great if at TLC the Shield was about to lose to the  Miz & Co.... because well 5 vs 3 but just as that was about to happen PAIGE came running out and hit someone with a chair or something and the Shield won and had it's first female member in Paige

I'm anticipating the debut of Broken Matt Hardy will be part of the match. A swanton through a table originally broke him, and why else would they have had Strowman murder him like that? That's my guess, anyway. Probably being too optimimistic that Broken Matt is on WWE's calendar, but what does a WWE fan have other than baseless hope?

19 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Samoan Joe being hurt really fucked everyone. His feud with Finn would have been excellent, and one Demon vs Eater of Worlds gimmick match was harmless. But they've now gone down this nonsensical rabbit hole, and even if the idea could have been pulled off well with genuine spookiness, it's cheesey and poorly executed, just like Bray's projector at Mania. Ugh. This feud has killed my interest in both of them, and that's just sad. 

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I'm anticipating the debut of Broken Matt Hardy will be part of the match. A swanton through a table originally broke him, and why else would they have had Strowman murder him like that? That's my guess, anyway. Probably being too optimimistic that Broken Matt is on WWE's calendar, but what does a WWE fan have other than baseless hope?

Samoan Joe being hurt really fucked everyone. His feud with Finn would have been excellent, and one Demon vs Eater of Worlds gimmick match was harmless. But they've now gone down this nonsensical rabbit hole, and even if the idea could have been pulled off well with genuine spookiness, it's cheesey and poorly executed, just like Bray's projector at Mania. Ugh. This feud has killed my interest in both of them, and that's just sad. 

Couple of questions....I thought the reason you haven't seen the Broken Matt Hardy angle was due to a hold-up in court from Impact Wrestling claiming they own the rights to the whole gimmick.....and.....What exactly happened to Joe??? Wondered why he was M.I.A....plus....it is a shame that Bray went from WWE Champ, just 5-6 months ago, to basically a jobber as some mentioned. 

17 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Couple of questions....I thought the reason you haven't seen the Broken Matt Hardy angle was due to a hold-up in court from Impact Wrestling claiming they own the rights to the whole gimmick.....and.....What exactly happened to Joe??? Wondered why he was M.I.A....plus....it is a shame that Bray went from WWE Champ, just 5-6 months ago, to basically a jobber as some mentioned. 

They've teased doing the gimmick with a different name - "Woken" instead of "Broken" - but haven't pulled the trigger. WWE notoriously hate to acknowledge that outside gimmicks are more over than their own (see: Young Bucks C&D), but they've teased this one enough. The legal dispute seems to have quieted down, at least publicly, so who knows. But if they want to do it, they'll do something.

Joe had lingering knee problems when he came into WWE in the first place that he needed to deal with. I think it was on E&C that he talked about it, he hurt his knee but didn't want to cancel his tryout, so he basically ignored it and did the tryout anyway and hadn't had a break since. So they gave him a break after the Brock program, my guess is he comes back at Survivor Series. 

23 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

I think harper turned on wyatt.

Was this before or after Orton being a part of the family?

10 hours ago, Bono said:

When was the last time a woman went through a table?

Surely Braun or Kane will walk out on Miz & The Bar?

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Was this before or after Orton being a part of the family?

When was the last time a woman went through a table?

Surely Braun or Kane will walk out on Miz & The Bar?

Orton joining the Wyatts made Harper jealous, Bray sided with Orton and exiled Harper, then Orton turned on Bray.

Steph went through a table at Mania. Sasha went through a table at HIAC last year. Pretty sure Natty went through the announce table within the last year. 

Been hilarious reading the jokes over the past few days on the Observer board about how they're all getting meningitis.

Angle wrestling on WWE programming for the first time in over a decade and Prince Devitt vs. A.J. Styles for the first time ever at the 11th hour is fucking panic stations!

Fyi Devitt/A.J. only ever faced each other in a 6 man tag at the start of Wrestle Kingdom 2 almost 10 years ago, they've never faced each other in a singles match even outside WWE while working for the same companies.

As for who supposedly has meningitis so far;

Tom Phillips, Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt, Jojo, Nia Jax, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns and counting.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Been hilarious reading the jokes over the past few days on the Observer board about how they're all getting meningitis.

Angle wrestling on WWE programming for the first time in over a decade and Prince Devitt vs. A.J. Styles for the first time ever at the 11th hour is fucking panic stations!

Fyi Devitt/A.J. only ever faced each other in a 6 man tag at the start of Wrestle Kingdom 2 almost 10 years ago, they've never faced each other in a singles match even outside WWE while working for the same companies.

As for who supposedly has meningitis so far;

Tom Phillips, Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt, Jojo, Nia Jax, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns and counting.

I thought Phillips was on his honeymoon? And KO is the only outlier on this list, since he's SD and everyone else is Raw. Bo/Bray/Roman/Jojo make sense - Bo and Bray are brothers, Bray and Roman are riding buddies, and we've all read what Bray and Jojo do together. Could be the others too, I'm just not convinced yet.

Either way, I will shit every pair of pants that I own if the Good Brothers show up in the AJ/Ferg match. I don't even care how. Having those four dudes together on this stage would be goddamn lovely. 

Here's a tidbit for historical context. Antonio Inoki is one of the Japanese diplomats (he's in parliament) trying to negotiate with North Korea. Vince McMahon is fucking giving millions to Donald Trump so that Linda can have a cabinet job. Trump who's repeatedly threating war with North Korea.

Since I'm worried that some might not who Inoki is, Inoki was the founder of NJPW, the first ever IWGP Heavyweight Champion, face of the company in the 70's/80's. Headlined the biggest NJPW match of all time Muhammad Ali, headlined the biggest attended the biggest NJPW show of all time against Ric Flair in Pyongyang in front of 190,000 people.

On the downside Inoki is infamously as bat shit crazy as Vince. If you're ever wondering how NJPW went from doing multiple Tokyo Dome shows in the 90's and drawing bigger crowds than WWF/WCW combined at major shows to struggling to sell out Budokan Hall and Sumo Hall, see Inoki's booking in the 2000's when he tried to turn NJPW into a MMA promotion instead of a wrestling promotion. He also done ridiculous things like sign Brock Lesnar to work for NJPW (with the catch that Lesnar was under contract to Inoki and not NJPW). Apparently showing your audience that MMA fighters are better fighters than professional wrestlers wasn't a good idea.

Today's the day, folks. Who'd have though that Kurt Angle returning to a WWE ring would be second fiddle - Prince Devitt and AJ Styles are going one on one tonight on WWE PPV. Their booking is garbage, and they rarely let talent open up and let rip, but every so often the E gives us something worthwhile. Let's see if they don't dial up Uncle Dave tonight and get us a five-star. 

6 hours ago, axlslash said:

Today's the day, folks. Who'd have though that Kurt Angle returning to a WWE ring would be second fiddle - Prince Devitt and AJ Styles are going one on one tonight on WWE PPV. Their booking is garbage, and they rarely let talent open up and let rip, but every so often the E gives us something worthwhile. Let's see if they don't dial up Uncle Dave tonight and get us a five-star. 

To me it just sounds like they're wasting two very big things in one night. Both AJ-Finn and any Angle match could (should) be headliners for big PPV's. 

Edited by username

2 hours ago, username said:

To me it just sounds like they're wasting two very big things in one night. Both AJ-Finn and any Angle match could (should) be headliners for big PPV's. 

I couldn't agree more that we shouldn't be doing it like this with no build. It will be less than it could have been. But it can still be spectacular.