Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

A shame the WWF didn't do great by him during his run.

R.I.P.

Since it's G1 season, the 92 version had a famous ***** rated wrestling observer match with Vader and Mutoh. Think it was the first under the G1 name/format.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, AtariLegend said:

Biggest NJPW show of the year today outside of the G1-Finals and Wrestle Kingdom.

Jericho/Naito, Okada/Omega ect all in 30 minutes.

Then late tonight it's Punk's 2nd UFC fight. Hopefully it doesn't end badly again.

WEll, unfortunately CM Punk got his ass kicked badly. He needs to go back to the WWE.

Did anyone see Stephanie McMan on "undercover boss". She was actually very nice and helped out three different families who loved the WWD.

As a UK WWE fan, what pisses me off is that we don't get Raw and Smackdown on the WWE Network quickly. Do you guys and gals in the USA get Raw/Smackdown straight away?

We get the Raw/SD episodes one month late which is absolutely pointless :( When watching "The Greatest Royal Rumble" I about shat myself when Jeff Hardy came out holding a title belt, since I thought he was out injured, but then 3 weeks later I'm watching Jeff Hardy wrestle for that belt & I know he'll win it since I watched the Greatest Royal Rumble. So I don't even bother watching Raw/SD now tbh, only NJPW or NXT for me. I watch live PPV's just to moan about yet another Roman Reigns main event, and it's a shame because I do really like the WWE product, and I'd get back into it more if I could watch it in real-time (or with a 24 hour delay).

Got tickets to see an indie show here in Orkney from a promotion called Caithness Pro Wrestling. Expecting it to be terrible, but will go to cheer them on and hope I can see myself in the crowd in a future episode of Botchamania :lol:I am the table!!

3 hours ago, downliner said:

As a UK WWE fan, what pisses me off is that we don't get Raw and Smackdown on the WWE Network quickly. Do you guys and gals in the USA get Raw/Smackdown straight away?

They don't, it'd render TV rights pointless. They've just signed a Billion $ for SmackDown to be on Fox in the US in a few years, don't be surprised if it ends up on the network even later now. RAW similarly increased their fees. Not sure about the UK deal, but it'd hurt Sky's ability or purpose of showing endless repeats if either show was on the network fast.

The company's main revenue stream is TV rights, above ticket sales, network, merchandise ect. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

So what changed with the medical thing that kept them from getting her earlier?

No idea. For what it's worth the doctors in Japan thought she was okay, but the WWE doctors didn't

Also worth pointing out that she was supposed to be taking a paycut. Which say's alot about women's pay in WWE if Stardom paid more.

11 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I really don't think JR and Josh should be calling NJPW. So passive agressive. 

I loved JR as akid, but not now. 

Why not? JR is passionate about wrestling and has been fucked over by Vince multiple times. Can't blame him for doing a job for a promotion that still gives a crap about wrestling. 

Not to mention JerichWE o and Rey also working for NJPW and WWE both in a short timeframe. 

Just now, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

He got plenty of names wrong again didn't he?

Did they stop caring after the Jay White incident?

Yes, plenty. Only knows who the main eventers are and the people that make infrequent appearances on the highlight show on Friday nights AXS.

He also showed complete contempt for the product. Him and Barnett basically buried certain parts of the show. With Josh saying this isn't the same NJPW he used to work for.

Let's not forget that Barnett was there when NJPW went from doing the Tokyo Dome several times a year infront of massive crowds to almost going out of business with crowds barely bigger than TNA shows. His fondest memories are of the worst period in the company's history. Ross in the meantime still thinks Monday Night RAW is the greatest show on TV.

Either the Jay White thing was a complete accident, that Jay White tried to make the best of by pretending it was part of the show and Josh unprofessionally went into business for himself (and should be fired by AXS) or they've set up a bizarre feud between Jay White and a former UFC Heavyweight Champion Josh Barnett.

I really hope Takahashi is okay. Such an awesome guy, hopefully this isn't another Shibata situation where his career is over.

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Was the San Francisco show better than their last American show back in March?

Yes, by default of more singles matches at the end. It was NJPW B-Show quality, but still fairly good. Not like Dominion or one of the major shows though.

Though I watched that after hours and hours of World Cup Quarter Finals that day, I was pretty tired.

G-1 Climax starts this weekend though. The Sunday show specifically looks pretty strong.

Edited by AtariLegend

22 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Who's winning the G1?

Ibushi is the obvious choice.

Depends on what Kenny wants when his contract expires. If he's looking to bounce to WWE, Kenny vs Kota in the Dome is the way to go out. If he's staying, the possibilities are endless. Kenny openly said on X-Pac's podcast that he and Okada held ideas back at Dominion to use in their rematch, so they could go that way. Depending how the Firing Squad is gonna get booked, I could see Tama getting a shot, either by winning the G1 himself or by Kenny winning and calling him out. Juice is out of his fuckin mind right now and would be great.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea where they go with this. I place my trust in Gedo. 

Regardless of what happens, it needs to be something that'll help them sell 40k-50k tickets plus if not more for Jan 4th. The easiest way is to end up with Okada vs Naito again somehow. Omega or Ibushi are the dark horses, Suzuki or Tana are unlikely. They're not putting Juice or Zack in that main event either. Zero chance on Tama Tonga. He might get a title shot, but he's not main eventing Jan 4th. Too early for Evil or Sanada, anyone else is at best a long shot. 

However there is hope for a shock. No one really expected Omega a few years ago. Best chance of that this year is Jay White, but I don't think he's ready yet and if he won the G-1 you'd have to believe he'd be the first one to lose a shot before the Dome.

Edited by AtariLegend

Since I like torturing myself I put on Extreme Rules earlier tonight :lol: I don't wanna spoil it for others even though its a few days old now so....

Spoiler

Anyone know why Jeff Hardys match was so short? It reminded me of his TNA match against Sting, where he was basically so fucked up on drugs that Sting just dropped him and pinned him within seconds.

Hoping this was pre-planned, and not a sign that he's fucked up again? He was busted for a DUI recently but I'm hoping he's doing okay? Honestly makes me upset to see Jeff still wrestling sometimes, he should be comfortably retired by now and not having to put his body through this shit anymore :(