Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

8 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Are the Shield heels now?

Seems like it. Which makes absolutely no sense given the buildup towards Reigns-Lesnar, the promo Reigns did earlier that night, the match Reigns had with Balor earlier that night and the run Seth and Dean were on against Ziggler and Drew. 

And people have been cheering Braun for a while now. 

Same with Becky last night. She was clearly the one the whole crowd was rooting for at SummerSlam, especially when she beat up Charlotte. But then on Smackdown she cuts a typical heel promo.

Go with the flow for once WWE.... 

It's an instant reminder why I hadn't watched any of this for a long time. :lol: 

6 hours ago, username said:

Seems like it. Which makes absolutely no sense given the buildup towards Reigns-Lesnar, the promo Reigns did earlier that night, the match Reigns had with Balor earlier that night and the run Seth and Dean were on against Ziggler and Drew. 

And people have been cheering Braun for a while now. 

Same with Becky last night. She was clearly the one the whole crowd was rooting for at SummerSlam, especially when she beat up Charlotte. But then on Smackdown she cuts a typical heel promo.

Go with the flow for once WWE.... 

It's an instant reminder why I hadn't watched any of this for a long time. :lol: 

I'd like Becky to beat Charlotte with a surprise roll up should they wrestle soon. Nothing too heelish.

I'd also like Joe to beat Styles with a Muscle-buster inside Hell In A Cell.

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

All In was better than any ROH show I've watched in the last several years. Alot of fun, just a shame they obviously ran out of time during the main event.

If Okada Scurll was cut by about 7 minutes the main event would've just been that little bit better. Phenomenal show.

I haven't watched All In yet, but plan to do so this weekend when I have some time.

I've also managed to be spoiler free to everything on it that was not the NWA World's Championship match.

Seeing all of the postitve feedback is great though.

Is anyone else bummed out about Lita taking on Mickie James at Evolution? I would have been more excited to see the two of them up against younger talent, and not each other.

23 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Is anyone else bummed out about Lita taking on Mickie James at Evolution?

The entire card so far suggests that they're purposely putting together the worst PPV imaginable. Why not do Trish vs Mickie or Trish vs Lita one last time for nostalgia's sake and put the focus more on today's stars. If it turns out the rumors are true and they're wasting Ronda on Nikki Bella and adding a Brie vs Maryse botchfest this show is pretty much doomed. I've also read somewhere they might do LayCool vs Sasha and Bayley, which is terrible too. The Mae Young Classic final and the NXT title match will probably be decent. But the rest...?

1 hour ago, username said:

The entire card so far suggests that they're purposely putting together the worst PPV imaginable. Why not do Trish vs Mickie or Trish vs Lita one last time for nostalgia's sake and put the focus more on today's stars. If it turns out the rumors are true and they're wasting Ronda on Nikki Bella and adding a Brie vs Maryse botchfest this show is pretty much doomed. I've also read somewhere they might do LayCool vs Sasha and Bayley, which is terrible too. The Mae Young Classic final and the NXT title match will probably be decent. But the rest...?

When you put it that way, I don't know why I expected any different. WWE seems to cock up every good thing they've got going.

1 hour ago, username said:

But the rest...?

I think the last time they went with the "put on the best possible card" for even a Mania was prior to the Cena years.

Why would people expect a good card? You'd probably get Santino Marella dressed as a woman versus Ellsworth(?) on that card, if Marella was employed. 

Edited by AtariLegend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh oh. Random camera shot showed Maruo in the crowd going wild over Ospreay vs Marty tonight. WWE won't be happy.

Supposely Io Shirai and Kari Hojo were in the front row too.

It was a good show for a card that looked on paper close to a road to house show. Hopefully they annouce the card a few weeks out next time instead of less than a week beforehand. Sounds like Kenny vs Kota is going to be the MSG title match.

Bryan Danielson vs. A.J. Styles, Shawn Michaels coming out off retirement, Lesnar delaying training for a major UFC fight and a World Cup tournament to take a shot at Qatar. Hulk Hogan ect. will probably be there too, Saudia mania!

Not only is it a terrible company ran by people that helped fund Trump's run to presidency, but they're a company that makes propaganda videos for one of the world's major exporters of terrorism, that commit regular war crimes.

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Bryan Danielson vs. A.J. Styles, Shawn Michaels coming out off retirement, Lesnar delaying training for a major UFC fight and a World Cup tournament to take a shot at Qatar. Hulk Hogan ect. will probably be there too, Saudia mania!

Not only is it a terrible company ran by people that helped fund Trump's run to presidency, but they're a company that makes propaganda videos for one of the world's major exporters of terrorism, that commit regular war crimes.

Apparently it's been removed from their calendar and may be cancelled.

Should it go ahead I'll be disappointed that HBK comes out of retirement.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Not only is it a terrible company ran by people that helped fund Trump's run to presidency

And here I was thinking for years that Vinnie Mac was a stand-up guy. :rolleyes: 

Honestly though, the paydays people are getting out of the event are probably astronomical. Despite my severe dislike of terrorism I'd probably do it too if that means my family is set for life.