Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Roman Raines announced last night that his leukemia has come back after 11 years and he has to leave the WWE to continue treatment.

I do hope he will be okay. Leukemia treatments have come a long way and I wish him luck.

It goes to show you, that eating healthy and being in great shape doesn't mean shit when it comes to cancer. It just sucks!

I hope he beats it and comes back to the WWE soon.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I enjoyed the battle royale & the six woman tag more than I thought I would.

Same here. But that's partially because my expectations were very low. WWE is terrible at battle royal's and they're usually complete garbage. 

Crown Jewel - a WWE PPV but it's a complete shit show.

Hulk Hogan of all people flies all the way to Saudi Arabia just to say "Welcome, brother!", Rollins v Ziggler for the 800th time, Shane McMahon crowned the best in the world, Universal title goes AWOL again, etc etc etc...

This load of old toss finally convinced me to cancel my Network subscription. WWE trolled us hard.

Edited by Azifwekare

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, Azifwekare said:

Crown Jewel - a WWE PPV but it's a complete shit show.

Hulk Hogan of all people flies all the way to Saudi Arabia just to say "Welcome, brother!", Rollins v Ziggler for the 800th time, Shane McMahon crowned the best in the world, Universal title goes AWOL again, etc etc etc...

This load of old toss finally convinced me to cancel my Network subscription. WWE trolled us hard.

The show was very clunky for me.

I hope Kane, Michaels, Triple H & Undertaker don't have another match.

Did you see when Triple H injured his arm?

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I was just disappointed to see that wwe are not selling Becky Lynch's ' I'm the man' shirt. Bummer.

I've pretty much all caught up on all things wwe, though. Skipped Crown Jewel.

Evolution was pretty good!

Evolution was one of their better events of the year.

I went to RAW last night in Manchester. A few interesting things happened.

Spoiler

Authors of Pain beat Rollins to become RAW tag team champions. (I wouldn't mind AOP versus The Bar).

Nia & Tamina are friends now.

McIntyre versus Angle was the main event and wasn't bad at all.

Elias is incredibly over.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

Glad to read Naito rejected WWE a few months back and has no interest in it. Not that I figured he would.

I am thinking though that The Young Bucks will end up there with or without the rest of their group. Other than help promote Bullet Club shirts in the US, what use are they really to NJPW? ROH will take a major hit, when they lose the group, but outside of Omega the other's are infrequently on those shows anyway. As much has been invested in Omega too over the past few years, NJPW would still be putting on great shows if they lost him. He's still the one that seems least likely to go though.

Always got the sense that Scrull would go, but his deal isn't up with the others anyway. 

If The Young Bucks do go though to WWE, there's no way that isn't ending in disaster. Maybe the money will make up for it, but WWE will probably have them on Superstars/Main Event (whatever it's called) within two months. Seen it all before. They'll go from the cool guys to getting the reaction of crickets in no time. Besides they'll be forced to work a completely different tonne-down generic style that'll negate what made them different.

4 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

The show was very clunky for me.

I hope Kane, Michaels, Triple H & Undertaker don't have another match.

Did you see when Triple H injured his arm?

Like HHH v Taker at Super Showdown, that was easily the best match of the night, but it was slightly disappointing considering what it represented. It's sad that Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement was overshadowed by literally everything else about Crown Jewel. 

The match did start to fall apart when/just before HHH got injured. 

19 hours ago, moreblack said:

Just when I thought Becky couldn't get more over. That ending of Raw with the bloody face was iconic.

Yeah, it was. 

Too bad they canceled her match with Ronda due to the broken nose and concussion resulting from it. And fuck Nia Jax for that. 

Becky handpicked Chaerlotte as her replacement on SD last night. :( 

Becky has been the best thing on WWE for a while now. Hope this won't ruin it. 

16 hours ago, username said:

Yeah, it was. 

Too bad they canceled her match with Ronda due to the broken nose and concussion resulting from it. And fuck Nia Jax for that. 

Becky handpicked Chaerlotte as her replacement on SD last night. :( 

Becky has been the best thing on WWE for a while now. Hope this won't ruin it. 

Could see Vince demoting her for getting injured like they did to Bayley and Sasha. Nia meanwhile has a title shot vs Ronda after Survivor Series :shrugs:

BUT, Becky is not slowing down one bit on twitter. Savage vs both Ronda and Nia.

Edited by moreblack

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

Could see Vince demoting her for getting injured like they did to Bayley and Sasha. Nia meanwhile has a title shot vs Ronda after Survivor Series :shrugs:

BUT, Becky is not slowing down one bit on twitter. Savage vs both Ronda and Nia.

Vince would be nuts, she's probably the best thing they have at the moment. 

Then again, Vince has done some pretty insane things before. The man is the embodiment of chaotic evil. 

Edit: 

I mean, that's fucking awesome. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2