Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Wrestle Kingdom card/match order was announced a few days ago;

1.    Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay - NEVER Openweight Championship
2.    Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado vs. Roppongi 3K vs. Bushi, Shingo Takagi - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
3.    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - Rev Pro British Heavyweight Championship
4.    Guerrillas of Destiny vs. The Young Bucks vs. Evil, Sanada - IWGP Tag Team Championship
5.    Cody vs. Juice Robinson -  IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship
6.    Kushida vs. Taiji Ishimori -  IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
7.    Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
8.    Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito - IWGP Intercontinental Championship
9.    Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Might be one of the deepest wresting cards ever. Really looking forward to at least 6 of those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

Happy for Asuka. About time.

I guess this means triple-threat at Mania between Becky, Charlotte and Ronda. One will get the singles match, the other will insert herself through the Rumble. Or something like that. 

I'm betting on them doing Horsewomen vs Horsewomen after that, maybe leading into Summerslam.  

Edited by username

8 hours ago, username said:

I guess this means triple-threat at Mania between Becky, Charlotte and Ronda. One will get the singles match, the other will insert herself through the Rumble. Or something like that. 

I'm betting on them doing Horsewomen vs Horsewomen after that, maybe leading into Summerslam.  

They have to rehab Sasha/Bayley pretty strongly if they're gonna do that.

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

They have to rehab Sasha/Bayley pretty strongly if they're gonna do that.

They'll probably be women's tag champs by then. But even if they aren't, it's not like Shafir and Duke are huge stars. I'm sure Sasha and Bayley running out during a beatdown by the MMA girls on Charlotte and/or Becky will get a decent pop. 

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Just curious, do you guys actually still watch RAW and Smackdown every week in entierty?

Nah. Who has the time? 

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, AtariLegend said:

Just curious, do you guys actually still watch RAW and Smackdown every week in entierty?

I record it, fast forward through the matches and listen to the promos. Occasionally I'll watch the main events. 

RAW didn't record for me this week and I'm disappointed.

1 minute ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

RAW didn't record for me this week and I'm disappointed.

So are the people who did see it. 

I mean for fucks sake, who else than Vince could think "a lot of McMahons" is the solution instead of the problem. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, moreblack said:

Except now we are the authority apparently. So we're the heels.

In Vince's eyes we are. 

And what's worse - they think they're the faces. You know, Papa Hunter, Shane-o-shuffle, Women's Revolution Steph and ehrm.. Vince. 

• 2 weeks later...

R.IP. Mean Gene

Wrestle Kingdom was this morning. The show was great as it is every year. Certain matches were shorter than I expected, but it did't matter.

Just a few thoughts;

Not sure if Omega is staying or leaving. The videos they showed at the start, suggested that they expect him to stay. The vibe I got personally was that the Bucks, Page and Cody are done. We'll see at tommorow's show. They'll be fine if he leaves, but I hope he doesn't.

White vs Okada was great despite the length. Okada always delivers and White is improving alot.

Ibushi/Ospreay was less dangerous than I expected, yet Ibushi still got stretchered out.

Not sure two back to back Tokyo Dome shows next year is a good thing or a bad thing.

As good as All In was, I don't have time for or interest in watching another show.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

R.IP. Mean Gene

Wrestle Kingdom was this morning. The show was great as it is every year. Certain matches were shorter than I expected, but it did't matter.

Just a few thoughts;

Not sure if Omega is staying or leaving. The videos they showed at the start, suggested that they expect him to stay. The vibe I got personally was that the Bucks, Page and Cody are done. We'll see at tommorow's show. They'll be fine if he leaves, but I hope he doesn't.

White vs Okada was great despite the lenght. Okada always delivers and White is improving alot.

Ibushi/Ospreay was less dangerous than I expected, yet Ibushi still got stretcher out.

Not sure two back to back Tokyo Dome shows next year is a good thing or a bad thing.

As good as All In was, I don't have time for or interesting in watching another show.

The last 2 matches were really good. Okada-White was good too, but it was surprisingly short. 

As for Kenny... Meltzer (take it for what it's worth) claimed there are talks next week between AEW, NJPW and ROH about a partnership. That could potentially be very strong and I imagine it'd work for Kenny as well to be able to do NJPW and AEW both. There are also reports about Vince making Kenny a late offer of well over 7 figures. So yeah, this could become quite a wrestling-war and Kenny is the wildcard right now. 

New Year's Dash just ended.

Nothing happened on it which is bizarre. No major angles or debuts. They set up matches, but it felt like just a below average njpw show that you could easily skip.

However the entire Elite wasn't there. That's worrying as far as Omega goes. Ibushi was missing too, but given the injury it's not surprising.

Jericho supposedly will be back, so nothing to read into his no show when they're setting up another Tana/White match.

Edited by AtariLegend

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

New Year's Dash just ended.

Nothing happened on it which is bizarre. No major angles or debuts. They set up matches, but it felt like just a below average njpw show that you could easily skip.

I thought Jericho was going to attack Okada. Then I thought Yoshi Hashi was the mole inside Chaos.

I wasn't surprised when

Spoiler

Owens & Takahashi rejoined the Bullet Club.

Anyone expecting Omega/Styles to do a ****** match at Wrestlemania laid out by WWE agents is delusional. It'd probably be a 12 minute middle of the show match where one of them kicks the other in the balls as the finish. That'd be the peak. 

If his wages are being tripled, then good for him. NJPW's own fault if they don't throw a few million at him.

Obviously I hope he stays though. Also thinking Okada's title run shouldn't have ended in hindsight, if he ends up going.

As for AEW, they don't have a roster yet. Since ROH helped behind the seens with production to make All In look better than any ROH show (betting they regret it), then you can't tell what AEW will look like. It might work out, it might not. 

Edited by AtariLegend