Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

22 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

If that does happen, hopefully WWE actually use him, and he doesn't end up mid-card.

Roughly the same odds as GnR releasing 3 albums in 2019 that all go platinum in the first week. They'll give him the AJ Styles treatment at best (which is pretty good), but they'll drop the ball sooner or later. 

• Like 1

Kushida's gone too at the end of the month. That's a shame, he'll be lossing matches no one cares about on 205 live with Mascara Dorada. However it's not like there's more for him to do in NJPW.

The US tour for anyone attending, no Lij, Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki, White or Sabre. Sure the elite won't be there too. Doubt they'd sold many tickets for a show that'll probably just have Roppongi 3k, Juice Robinson and ROH guests on it.

Guess we'll find out at the AEW thing tommorow if Omega's going with them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, AtariLegend said:

Assuming Omega's gone to AEW, they really shouldn't have put on the title on him last year. 

I'd have liked Omega to have retained at WrestleKingdom and lost to Ibushi at Supercard of Honor.

TakeOver was good wasn't it.

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

I enjoyed it. One of the better ppvs this year.

Their haven't been many ppvs this year thus far :P.

I liked both women's title matches and the little we got of Lesnar/Devitt.

The rest was meh. Wasn't fond of the men's Rumble, just the same old with a predictable ending and the winner laid out for half the match. Didn't like the Nia thing.

The women's Rumble had some pretty bad wrestling and comedy in it. It got alot better after Becky came out at the end for a few minutes.

As for Bryan/Styles, it was the opposite of what I'd expected between both.

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Way to go WWE! Take an already ugly championship and make it look like cardboard.

I miss when WWE championships actually looked important.

I'm with you on the normal belt being ugly as hell. And I normally hate personalized belts. But honestly this was hilarious. It fits Bryan's character to do this. So I'm perfectly ok with this. 

Big Gold and Winged Eagle are still the best belts they ever had. I think nearly every currently active WWE belt looks shit. 

And I miss the old mid-90's WCW, where literally every single belt looked great. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

On 28-1-2019 at 3:35 PM, moreblack said:

I enjoyed it. One of the better ppvs this year.

Predictable as hell though.

Everybody knew Becky would lose and get into (and win) the rubmle. Seth winning as predictable too. Both Rumble matches lacked good surprised. 

AJ-Bryan was...ok. Which is a lot less than I'd expect from AJ and Bryan. Result also predictable. 

Everybody knew Balor didn't stand a chance. And neither did Sasha. 

The cruiserweights stole the show and the rest of the card was difficult to care about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, username said:

As expected, Omega signed with AEW... 

Down on the last year of his run tbh. Had a fantastic G1, started that run as champion with the Okada match ending with the Tana one. However he acted like such a child in interviews. All those Elite matches like the triple threat and Cody matches were low points. Feels like they were building towards a big omega/ibushi match, that we'll never see in NJPW and that they held back Naito (who was their most popular star in Japan, by having him do very little for the Omega story) to the extent that it's cooled off abit. Abit of NJPW's fault too.

I don't think Cody and The Young Bucks make any difference to NJPW. However they invested alot in the Omega story for it to end abruptly.

Scrull's contract is up in April as is A.J. Styles. I assume there's no chance they get Lesnar (which would be a bad fit) and would be surprised by Styles, but Scrull presumably is definitely headed there.

Hope Devitt and Nakamura head back to NJPW.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I see Jericho attacked Omega at the press conference. 'Double Or Nothing' main event?

They've announced:

Omega - Jericho

Hangman Page - PAC (Neville)

Young Bucks - Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix

SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs Cima (and two Oriental Wrestling Entertainment guys)

I'm not familiar with Sonny Kiss his work, but so far I'm not a fan.