Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

7 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Aside from the historical main event, this year's WrestleMania looks like it's shaping up to be pretty terrible.

It's almost always terrible. I don't watch weekly shows or most of the ppvs, but still unfortunately watch Mania and the Rumble by default. It's been years since I seen one that was more good than bad.

XXX Maybe?

On 30/03/2019 at 11:57 AM, AtariLegend said:

It's almost always terrible. I don't watch weekly shows or most of the ppvs, but still unfortunately watch Mania and the Rumble by default. It's been years since I seen one that was more good than bad.

XXX Maybe?

30, 31 & 34 were alright for me.

On 31-3-2019 at 9:57 AM, F*ck Fear said:

a 5 hour event.

Well aren't we being mister optimistic. I'm expecting this shitshow + the pre-shitshow to be at least 8 hours of straight up mediocrity. 

We'll see about the main event. Could be Botchamania, could be decent. If Becky doesn't win, the crowd might reject it entirely. But I'm sort of assuming they're closing Mania with a shot of all the horsewomen holding up titles or something. 

Couldn't care less about Brock vs Seth. It's bland and I'm not really seeing either of them as champ. 

Styles-Orton will either be very good or a 5-minute-resthold-fest followed by one RKO (out of nowhere).

Objectively, Murphy-Neese will probably be MOTN, but nobody will give a crap. 

Bryan-Kofi will probably be good. As will Joe vs Rey if they don't put in that Dominick shit. 

Angle-Corbin will be a swerve, and Angle is an immobile shell of his former self. 

Oh and I guess HHH-Batista might be a good brawl, but it might also be a slow-paced ringrust-ridden smoke and mirrors type of thing. 

The rest of the card, don't care tbh. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

These fans clearly didn't pay to watch ROH.

Pretty sure most of the crowd didn't watch 2008 TNA either.

ROH is awful, this is a fucking car crash.

-edit-

Shows over now. Ibushi/Naito was my match of the weekend, not their best but great. Liked Okada/White too. Ospreay/Cobb wasn't as good as expected, but good too.

It's a shame the Junior title match only got 9 mins. 

The Tag title match was fine for what it was. Enzo and Cass supposedly was a ROH work. Pretty bad, also distracted from the Tana/Sabre match.

However the Women's match wasn't good. The Bully Ray match/segement was bad and left a poor taste.

I actually zoned out during the ladder match, because of the ROH antics earlier. So was fine, but wasn't paying attention. 

NJPW would be better of distanting themselves from ROH.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 3 weeks later...
On 9-5-2019 at 3:40 PM, moreblack said:

Lars Sullivan is so polular right now

I don't really get why. 

On 16-5-2019 at 5:00 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Jericho to beat Omega at Double or Nothing & lose to Okada at Dominion?

AEW to TNT/ITV & WWE to BT instead of SKY (maybe).

My thoughts too. 

Kind of a shame that the PAC vs Page match is off. "creative differences".... 

Man, WWE is a mess. Borderline unwatchable. I hope the AEW thing is going to force them to actually change some stuff and produce good shows again. 

On 20/05/2019 at 10:57 AM, username said:

Man, WWE is a mess. Borderline unwatchable. I hope the AEW thing is going to force them to actually change some stuff and produce good shows again. 

Money In The Bank had its moments (bar the referees & the finish of the main event).