Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I'm sorry, but I feel very uncomfortable already watching a double amuptee getting best up.

Not a smart move on your first show.

-edit-

First match over. I wasn't keen on that. Little too carny. Pre Show is on ITV box office.

Edited by AtariLegend

Apparently Moxley's going to NJPW. He was the one in the Juice Robinson videos.

He'll be at Best of the Super Juniors final next week a few dats before Dominion (where it's Jerocho vs. Okada).

There was a rumour that NJPW offered someone higher up the card in WWE the same amount of money they make in WWE for alot less dates in NJPW. Some were thinking it was Rollins or Orton, which seemed unlikely. Maybe it was Moxley?

Edited by AtariLegend

Ha! So far I've read that Vince is mad that WWE wrestlers were tweeting about AEW. Then Sami mentions AEW in a promo on RAW (getting LOUD AEW chants) and it gets edited out on youtube. :lol: Vince must be furious now. 

Shane O Mac got a lot of "THIS IS AWFUL" chants too. :lol: 

On 28-5-2019 at 6:20 PM, AtariLegend said:

From what I read, the observer claimed it was scripted. Not sure why they want to advertise another company though.

Not that I was watching.

Alvarez said it was scripted and Melzer said the opposite. Or the other way around. My money is on unscripted. 

On 28-5-2019 at 6:18 PM, moreblack said:

I can't imagine VKM being happy about any of it

Good. 

Moxley/Ambrose was on Talk Is Jericho, and he pretty much shot on WWE and Vince HARD. 

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cub21ueWNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2QvcGxheWxpc3QvYTdiMGJkMjctZDc0OC00ZmJlLWFiM2ItYTZmYTAwNDliY2Y2LzBhZjNkOWJjLTZlNGItNGY0Yi1hZDU2LWE4NTAwMDExMjFkNy8yZTk2NmM2MS00NjMxLTQ0YmItYTVmYS1hODUwMDAxMTIxZTUvcG9kY2FzdC5yc3M&episode=M2JhYTM5YTQtYTkwZS00ZDM1LTk5YmQtYWE1YjAxNmZlNTE1&at=1559150846540 

or 

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-things-we-learned-from-jon-moxleys-wwe-shoot-on-talk-is-jericho 

I've listened to the song used to hype Rhodesbowl from Double or Nothing a few times now.

Shoes by Ian Abel Band. I like it.

Who's getting to the BOSJ finals and who's winning it?

Spoiler

Shingo versus Ospreay is my pick. Shingo wins but I'm not sure if he'll beat Dragon Lee at Dominion. Hiromu returns after that match.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

54 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Hide contents

Shingo versus Ospreay is my pick. Shingo wins but I'm not sure if he'll beat Dragon Lee at Dominion. Hiromu returns after that match.

It might be a little too obvious, but I think that's the best option. Those matches would be great.

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It might be a little too obvious, but I think that's the best option. Those matches would be great.

Ishimori versus Shingo was this morning. I don't know the result and I'd like Shingo to win because I'm a fan of LIJ but this match makes me nervous. 

I'm not this biggest NJPW fan but has anyone gone through BOSJ undefeated before?

Ospreay versus Taguchi could main event on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if ELP gets involved.

Anyone looking forward to SuperShowDown: Saudi edition?

The last 3 matches on this show are worth going out of your way to watch. Tanahashi/White was pretty good. Moxley/Robinson was surreal and pretty different. Easily the best Moxley singles match I've ever seen.

The main event was one of the best matches all year. Ospreay and Shingo are really, really good.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2019 at 10:08 PM, AtariLegend said:

Not a regular viewer, but pretty sure it'd be Survivor Series weekend which is in Chicago according to Google.

There's TakeOver Toronto before SummerSlam. TakeOver Cardiff at the end of August (The same time as NJPW Royal Quest). TakeOver War Games before Survivor Series in November. I wouldn't be surprised if the next UK event is back in Blackpool next January.

• 2 weeks later...

That Maru guy was talking shit about Bret Hart on Canadian television (The Score?) when he finally came back to WWE after all those years . I could never really be a fan of him because of that.

I did find his commentary to be quite good though. Especially considering how bad it is now. I'll check out the link to his doc. It at least has to be better than anything WWE has put out recently...

Edited by Ace Spade

Naito it has to be. He's the favourite every year (yet never wins the big one).

Most popular Japanese star in his late 30s. It's now or never. Ibushi next year maybe. 

If Naito was a little younger, I might say Sanada.

Definitely looking forward to it. Past several years have been great. There's always a few nights where the card doesn't look as good, but still has great matches. Easily NJPW's best period every year 

Edited by AtariLegend

On 01/07/2019 at 10:20 PM, Marky said:

Ibushi takes the thing, beating Goto in the final.

I like Goto but I'd be very surprised if he gets to the final.

On 01/07/2019 at 10:46 PM, AtariLegend said:

Naito it has to be. He's the favourite every year (yet never wins the big one).

Naito's my favourite. I was sad when he lost to big Okada at WK12.

I remember the commentators saying women were crying when ZSJ eliminated him last year.

Naito/Ibushi final with Ibushi winning.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Ace Spade said:

That Maru guy was talking shit about Bret Hart on Canadian television (The Score?) when he finally came back to WWE after all those years . I could never really be a fan of him because of that.

I did find his commentary to be quite good though. Especially considering how bad it is now. I'll check out the link to his doc. It at least has to be better than anything WWE has put out recently...

Y'know, as a Canadian it took me a while, years, to come to terms with the fact that there was more to wrestling than Bret Hart, or what was done to him, or what people had to say about it.

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

Y'know, as a Canadian it

That explains alot about the Man Utd support.

On 07/07/2019 at 7:13 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I thought night one of G1 29 was great.

Thought Archer/Ospreay, KENTA/Ibushi, Tana/Okada and Sabre/Sanada were all very good.

Only negative apart from the crowd size was Evil/Fale.