Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I only just finished Fyter Fest. And other than the pandering to the gaming crowd, I thought the show was decent. Better than the last WWE event I watched.

I really hope AEW has strong television come October.

I agree, but they REALLY need to cut that video game shit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

They do. I understand that Kenny loves that shit, but not every fan does.

I liked to think it was a one off for that event.

Same with the Bucks. I always liked how the Bucks don't give a fuck what people think. But I also hate a lot of their goofy shit. They need to keep that to a minimum to really get a broad audience. 

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Best Kenny, is Kenny that shows up at Sumo Hall, Budokan Hall or the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo to fight Ibushi, Okada or Ishii in the G1. Problem is 90% of the time he's playing a wacky out of place character based on something they created for youtube. Bigger problem is, that AEW is based on that.

Just because Omega is a fantastic wrestler, doesn't mean that he'd be a great promoter for a major promotion. Bucks are the same. They're a gimmick based around selling merch. on youtube and playing tribute to what help kill wrestling's appeal after the 1990's.

I'm a progressive myself, but seeing amputees getting beat up or gender bender gimmicks (Sonny Kiss for example), ram wrestlers who past their sell by date in the 90's (see Tommy Dreamer's) face into his ass is just uncomfortable and silly. These were the pre-shows.

I think it's great that people like this stuff, good for them. However to me it's just the worst of PWG, indy acts mixed with TNA (which itself was ripping off the worst of WCW). I think the honeymoon peroid will wear off in a year.

40 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

G1 predictions?

KENTA beats Tana.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

IIRC correctly there were similar nods to video games when NJPW did a thing with CEO last year.

2 hours ago, username said:

It's going to suck. 

Stopping Grounds was alright (which was surprising) bar the main event. I don't have much hope for Extreme Rules but I'm looking forward to Black/Cesaro.

If Kofi is injured I'd love for Joe to finally get a big win but I don't see it happening.

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

KENTA beats Tana.

I'd like that too. Tana's on a bad run at the minute but I think he'll win. 

12 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

IIRC correctly there were similar nods to video games when NJPW did a thing with CEO last year.

Actually think that was a show put together by Omega, where he got NJPW to send some wrestlers. Don't think NJPW actually had much to do apart from letting Kenny book some of their wrestlers.

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I like that Natalya will face off against Becky Lynch at Summerslam!

Why? She has absolutely zero character... Sorry, I just never really liked her. Very bland personality. But in fairness, there weren't any good challengers anyway. Nobody stands out wrestling-wise or character-wise. The best option imo would have been to to call up Baszler.  

23 hours ago, username said:

Why? She has absolutely zero character... Sorry, I just never really liked her. Very bland personality. But in fairness, there weren't any good challengers anyway. Nobody stands out wrestling-wise or character-wise. The best option imo would have been to to call up Baszler.  

Natalya is a fantastic worker, though.

WWE's Women's Division doesn't have much going for it. Lynch, Charlotte, Asuka, and Bailey the others bore me, lol.

I agree with brining up Baszler though. That would be pretty cool.

On 16/07/2019 at 10:37 AM, F*ck Fear said:

Still need to watch Fight For The Fallen.

I like that Natalya will face off against Becky Lynch at Summerslam!

When you do please tell me what your favourite match was.

Natayla in Toronto. She might win. Bayley versus Moon too.

I felt bad for the women on RAW. Sure the match was too long but it wasn't that bad.

Would you rather have one twenty minute women's match on RAW or four five minute matches?

27 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

When you do please tell me what your favourite match was.

Natayla in Toronto. She might win. Bayley versus Moon too.

I felt bad for the women on RAW. Sure the match was too long but it wasn't that bad.

Would you rather have one twenty minute women's match on RAW or four five minute matches?

I won't have time this weekend but lll definitely let you know!

Aren't most t.v. matches 5-12 minutes? I haven't watched an episode in forever.

I would definitely like to see more matches though, given enough time to have at least a decent outting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to say, so far AEW has been pretty consistent with the quality of their events.

I'm not a huge fan of the current style of professional wrestling, but they are doing it better than WWE at the moment.

I look forward to October. It's an exciting time to be a wrestling fan.