Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

• downzy unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 10:45 PM, AtariLegend said:

Biggest Wrestling weekend of the year incoming.

They've sold over 70k tickets over the 2 nights. Anyone else watching?

The last four matches were terrific.

Takahashi/Ospreay & Ibushi/Okada were ridiculous.

Not looking forward to waking up at 4am tomorrow.

Excited for night #2.

I didn't dig the Moxley/Archer match, but Ibushi/Okada and Hiromu/Ospreay were out off this world. Serioudly go watch both, if you haven't seen them.

From night 2... Obviously check the grand finale of Okada/Naito.

Liger's retirement cermony was special at Dash too.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

So is WWE really doing away with the gender of Championships?

I haven't watched WWE or modern wrestling since August. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tessa Blanchard just won the Impact Wrestling world title

WWE can't have intergender matches because they promised sponsors they wouldn't show man on woman violence

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

WWE can't have intergender matches because they promised sponsors they wouldn't show man on woman violence

That's sexist...

Thought the Rumble was good, only complaint (as almost always) was the event ran too long.

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I meant they are removing the title 'Women's' from the Championship.

I'm interested in Tessa as Champ, but her racist stuff tends to ruin it for me.

Edge is back! That's crazy!

My father and brother ordered the Royal Rumble. I haven't watched WWE or any other wrestling for along time. I didn't know most of the guys except for the Miz. lol

When I was a kid we would get the WWE stuff on Thanksgiving and all watch it. It was so cheaper then. Now it's like close to $60 to order a show and now there's some wrestling matches every month now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creed said:

Bret Hart was great at his peak. His feud with Owen was great, too. Unfortunately he never changed his gimmick in the WCW and looked completly lost/retro there. He should have stayed in the WWE or should have changed his look like Hogan did. 

A Sting-like transformation of the Hitman would have been cool as fuck.

Man, The Hitman was fine as he was!

WCW had no fucking idea how to book him, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

when we first moved to Dallas we went to a WWE match. Bret Hart was there. It was pretty much empty, but once Stone Cold came to town, wrestling got huge here. then of course the ticket prices went sky high too.

Razor Ramon was there too and remember Dink? The clown.

To this day, Steve Austin is my favorite professional wrestler. He was huge in his prime. Hulk Hogan huge, really.

• Like 1

I watched WWE for the first time in a pretty long time. And man, commentary is SO excruciatingly bad. I had that old Wrestlemania Arcade game where the announcers would randomly say a very limited number of generic phrases over your match. And that was still  better commentary than WWE has today. 

Men's rumble was decent! Drew seems like a good pick. And lots of story options from there to go with. Edge vs Orton being the first. Great followup on RAW there. It was really great seeing edge. Awesome pop. This was the first time they did something passable with The Fiend, but it kind of already feels ruined. I like Bray and everything he did with this, but WWE just ruined it. No clue where they'll go with him for Mania. Also no clue what they'll do with Reigns now, but I sure as hell hope it won't be anything Corbin-related. 

You know your women's division is laughable when about half the rumble entrants have to come from NXT *and* they steal the show. Terrible call to have Charlotte win over Baszler. Heard rumors that they'll have her challenge Rhea though. That'd be the best way to go. The other logical match to go with is Becky vs Baszler. Maybe even include a Ronda Rousey run-in to have Baszler win? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What has wrestling become? (I feel like Val Venis asking that question)

I went to a local indy show yesterday which is streaming on Impact Plus app.

Every match started off with a comedy routine.

Every match featured the wrestlers elbowing each other in the face a million times.

Every match had a dive to the outside where the opponent is clearly waiting to make the catch.

And for the most part, the only real looking things that were done were the chops (in every match)

:shrugs:

Edited by F*ck Fear